Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Why hasn't the UK triggered article 127 yet ? last day today otherwise it's a very soft Brexit but then the government knows that already. Makes getting back in again in 10 years time so much easier.:smile:

Yes! That's a great point! Thanks!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, any other government would have stopped it as not being in the nation interest, and this is the government that some have put their faith in to act in the national interest. We can only hope they wake up and smell the coffee.

Brexit was a potential threat to Airbus business but the shareholders going against a specific warning from Airbus makes it very real.

Britain will become "Balkanized"

About 700 years of good work tossed down the drain all because they got upset that Muslims and other immigrants  were doing the dirty work in their nursing homes.

Talk about Oswald Mosely.

Edited by Odysseus123

Anybody see The Brexit Panel? (BBC News HD 10.30 pm Friday)

The BBC said In was a non scientifically selected cross section of the population.

Well, what a bunch of no nothing morons. We're doomed if that's a sample of the UK population. I don't care how they voted.

What an indictment of our education system and media if that is the result. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that substandard education and media are the key reasons for the current Brexit farce.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Anybody see The Brexit Panel? (BBC News HD 10.30 pm Friday)

The BBC said In was a non scientifically selected cross section of the population.

Well, what a bunch of no nothing morons. We're doomed if that's a sample of the UK population. I don't care how they voted.

What an indictment of our education system and media if that is the result. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that substandard education and media are the key reasons for the current Brexit farce.

Well we've heard that before but without the inclusion of the media - BBC too - golly gosh! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, both parties were to blame for the Greek economic collapse but the pensions, youth unemployment and conditions there now are ridiculous. No wonder the economic immigrants want to race through Greece as fast as possible! But the EU are guilty of flouting their own rules multiple times over.

So one person lies, the second does not catch the lies and thereby the second person is to blame?

Sorry, the cause for the Greek economic collapse lies squarely with the country itself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So one person lies, the second does not catch the lies and thereby the second person is to blame?

Sorry, the cause for the Greek economic collapse lies squarely with the country itself.

If you could read the first line again that is not what I said. Yes, you are sorry.

• Like 2

Just now, stevenl said:

The EU "controllers' should have done their homework regarding Greece, they are now doing it with Turkey I reckon....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The EU "controllers' should have done their homework regarding Greece, they are now doing it with Turkey I reckon....

But Erdogan will get out of it..because he ain't stupid.

He will look elsewhere.

Think "Great Silk Road"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well we've heard that before but without the inclusion of the media - BBC too - golly gosh! 

The difference is that I did not single out Brexiters. The remainers on this program were no better. I did not criticise the BBC in any way

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

The difference is that I did not single out Brexiters. The remainers on this program were no better. I did criticise the BBC in any way

You did, I thought. But never mind. I rarely watch the beeb these days. Their news and content lacks.......  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You did, I thought. But never mind. I rarely watch the beeb these days. Their news and content lacks.......  

Incorrect, in this cross section, the people were embarrassingly dumb. All of them.

Maybe they were all Brexiters, I know not.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Incorrect, in this cross section, the people were embarrassingly dumb. All of them.

Maybe they were all Brexiters, I know not.

Well I am politically incorrect if that's what you mean but I have to stand by my view of the BBC.

Just found it and watching now. I will return with my verdict (to be highly respected as always). 

Edited by nauseus
's
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

If you could read the first line again that is not what I said. Yes, you are sorry.

You said " Yes, both parties were to blame for the Greek economic collapse ", so exactly as I reacted: " So one person lies, the second does not catch the lies and thereby the second person is to blame? "

No, the second person is not to blame. It is the lier who is to blame, not the one who fell for the lie.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

On the other side of the coin. One of the Conservative M.P’s who voted for remain, has now faced reality and has come out declaring he was wrong.

I wonder how many other M.P’s from both sides of the house,are thinking the same. In addition to thousands, probably millions of remain voters, who were scared into voting remain, by the fear campaign.

“Oh” nearly forgot, the P..M who reluctantly allowed the British, a referendum, also Now admits to being wrong.

19C5545D-6E0A-45E8-8429-A2F74E121707.jpeg

When somebody says that things have turned out less badly than they thought, that doesn't mean they've changed their mind. What that means is the patient is now no longer in ICU and has been moved to CCU instead! And whilst I'm pleased for you that at least one MP somewhere may have changed his mind on this issue, let that not detract from the graph that you read which shows the economy has gone down the pan since this business started.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU lied to themselves and others when they allowed Greece to adopt the Euro. Rules broken to allow expansion. 

Start at the beginning mate.

Greece lied about their financials, if not they probably wouldn't have been accepted.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It's been placed in an induced coma to help aid speedy recovery.

What kind of barometric graph is that anyway? What are these Bloomberg units? Millibars or Milky Bars?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

What kind of barometric graph is that anyway? What are these Bloomberg units? Millibars or Milky Bars?

It's a scale where 100 is par hence all movement is relative to par.:saai:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

It's called visual propaganda. It's a bit like the police doing an ID line-up, putting the suspect in prison pyjamas and lining him up with midgets :laugh:.

Are you saying the Bloomberg data and graph are wrong?

• Haha 1