Sorry But Crap Food Again

thaiflyer1

Well guess I'll pass on Big Al's, doesnt seem to appealing after the reviews thus far.

You should come try the food yourself. I'll buy you dinner.

Cheers Big Al, I'll stop by when I'm about, however not looking to sponge mate. I'll happily buy a Big Al Burrito and then report back. :o

Edited by britmaveric

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guess I'll pass on Big Al's, doesnt seem to appealing after the reviews thus far.

Cheers Big Al, I'll stop by when I'm about, however not looking to sponge mate. I'll happily buy a Big Al Burrito and leave then report back. :o

You will definitely enjoy it brit.......and if it`s free it will probably taste even better :D

Cheers Big Al, I'll stop by when I'm about, however not looking to sponge mate. I'll happily buy a Big Al Burrito and then report back. :D

I would'nt look at it as sponging, I look at it as a small investment. If I can get you there once-----you'll be back :o

i went back to BIgAl's about 6pm yesterday without a drop of alcohol inside me and ordered a large chicken burrito and unlike friday night i was not impressed, so in my humble opinion late at night after a skinful of beer BigAl's burritos are excellent, but sober, well to be diplomatic lets just say i'll wait till i'm full of beer till i have another one.

BB

i went back to BIgAl's about 6pm yesterday without a drop of alcohol inside me and ordered a large chicken burrito and unlike friday night i was not impressed, so in my humble opinion late at night after a skinful of beer BigAl's burritos are excellent, but sober, well to be diplomatic lets just say i'll wait till i'm full of beer till i have another one.

BB

...and that should be in about 15 minutes :o:D:D

BB

:o:D yes ,i must admit <deleted> food tastes good with a skinful :D ive even been known to eat mcdonalds after a very heavy session(many years ago though i must add!)

Ive bumped this for one reason...............

Went down Al's tonight ordered double chicken and chips............parked the bike diagonally opposite in soi xzyte the taxi guys next to Al's chirped up saying i parked no good so i gave one of them the key to park it next to Al's..........................

Lo and behold i go to get on the bike after waiting for the chicken to cook and the key doesnt fit the ignition or the lock on the bike..............

God knows if it will be there tommorow when i go back with the spare!

(should add the key i got back off taxi guy...........a couple of taxi guys tried it and it wouldnt fit amazingly enough................Al if you dont believe me ask your staff.)

Chicken still good though.

Ive bumped this for one reason...............

Went down Al's tonight ordered double chicken and chips............parked the bike diagonally opposite in soi xzyte the taxi guys next to Al's chirped up saying i parked no good so i gave one of them the key to park it next to Al's..........................

Lo and behold i go to get on the bike after waiting for the chicken to cook and the key doesnt fit the ignition or the lock on the bike..............

God knows if it will be there tommorow when i go back with the spare!

(should add the key i got back off taxi guy...........a couple of taxi guys tried it and it wouldnt fit amazingly enough................Al if you dont believe me ask your staff.)

Chicken still good though.

Maybe it would be better to start another thread titled

"Warning, do not make the same stupid mistake that I did"

Taxi drivers lose focus of their station in life and rip off snooty falang

Did you miss the recent thread on a guy getting stabbed over a parking issue with taxi drivers? So the little buggers "chirped up" and told you that you "parked no good" so ya tell em to park it themselves.

Glad to hear the chicken was good.

I hear that the marriot has valet service :o

BB

Sounds to me like you need to try it again---3rd time's a charm. I am sorry you had a bad expirience :o

BB

Sounds to me like you need to try it again---3rd time's a charm.

Please make sure that you are sh_tfaced. :o

i cant believe big al is taking stick over the quality of his food , have any of you tried what is passed off as mexican food in the likes of tequila reef or mikes mexican in pattaya. if you slagged them off , id join in with you and quite rightly so . they are about as mexican as bruce lee.

i eat at big als stall in soi chayippon fairly regularly, and ive never been disappointed , its certainly the closest to authentic mexican food ive tasted anywhere in thailand.

i normally have nacho grande and a giant taco , i ask for the spicy salsa and sour cream as extras with each dish , delicious. only one thing missing , guacamole , but delicious just the same.

this guy is delivering from a small stall what several fully equipped restaurants cant.

keep it up big al , i reckon somebody on this thread has got it in for you mate.

i cant believe big al is taking stick over the quality of his food , have any of you tried what is passed off as mexican food in the likes of tequila reef or mikes mexican in pattaya. if you slagged them off , id join in with you and quite rightly so . they are about as mexican as bruce lee.

i eat at big als stall in soi chayippon fairly regularly, and ive never been disappointed , its certainly the closest to authentic mexican food ive tasted anywhere in thailand.

i normally have nacho grande and a giant taco , i ask for the spicy salsa and sour cream as extras with each dish , delicious. only one thing missing , guacamole , but delicious just the same.

this guy is delivering from a small stall what several fully equipped restaurants cant.

keep it up big al , i reckon somebody on this thread has got it in for you mate.

Totally agree.

Welcome to real forum Mulphy.

:o

Totally agree.

hi dave , thanks for the welcome.

as you will know i have been banned from posting on the shhhhhhhh forum , because the boss man thinks ive benefited too much from free advertising .

snivelling little ######.

never mind dave , as you know a good run place and good quality always floats to the top , lets see how long schhhhhhhh are open for.

i dont think it will be counted in years , i hear there is severe money troubles there. but of course i only have it second hand. so we will need to wait and see .

what a sad loss that would be for pattayas nightlife...........not.

and to get back on track , big als is the best mexican food anywhere in thailand so far ,and i love my mexican food ,and i am always trying to find quality , if anybody knows of better , i want to eat there , so please tell me.

i was only there once. I was very unimpressed and the burrito did not taste like a burrito from the world's burrito regions (mostly the USA). However, I will give the place another try sometime and try some other items and mention my findings. If lots of people are indeed enjoying the food there, I am happy to hear it, and best of luck to Big Al.

Totally agree.

:D

as you will know i have been banned from posting on the shhhhhhhh forum , because the boss man thinks ive benefited too much from free advertising .

never mind dave , as you know a good run place and good quality always floats to the top , lets see how long schhhhhhhh are open for.

i dont think it will be counted in years , i hear there is severe money troubles there. but of course i only have it second hand. so we will need to wait and see .

and to get back on track , big als is the best mexican food anywhere in thailand so far ,and i love my mexican food ,and i am always trying to find quality , if anybody knows of better , i want to eat there , so please tell me.

welcome to the forum mulphy I am another fan of Big Als food :o

That’s what I’m taking about… Hats off to Big Al.. He is unique in his own special way and has a cool style. I just want to thank Big Al for all your kind customer service and devotion to your Mexican stands. I see all these people complaining on this topic.. for what? Don’t you have better things to do than slam a guys Taco stand in Thailand. Nothings easy, got to give Big Al credit. I would like to see someone else try and do it here in Thailand. Give the guy a break, do these other people think they can do a better job? I have enjoyed Big Al’s food and will continue to eat at his Taco stands. It’s a great idea and the food tastes delicious. True Mexican style, Thanks AL..

Ps. I like your new jacket and patch, cool beans!!!...

hello to everyone, i am newbie to the forum but not newbie to big als food or mexican food. I have lived many places in the world apart from mexico including europena countries and american country and australia and have been in asia for six years.

I have met big al, but I am posting this anonomously as to not to be biased to anyone... so my thoughts on the mexican food in pattaya...

I have been to big als food places many times included the one he used to have in soi bj. I must admit the food is always better when big al is on location. Speaking this though I have never had to complain about the food, I like what he is doing with the food with what he is supplied with... he does have the authentic ingredients taste that I like.

I have eaten at other mexican establishments around pattaya and they are ok for an indoor sit down restaurant although they often have long wait times to receive your food and drinks. Big als give a quick service each time i have been there, and good tasting food which, personally is what I like... and yes, I have been there both drunk and sober :o

Totally agree.

:D

How long before that gets posted on there I wonder? :o

Cheers mate. :D

Tequila Reef is ok, but if you compare it to say anywhere in southwest yankland then you prob won't be happy.

It LOOKS fine, but - for some reason - they cover it in BBQ sauce and there is no Mexican taste to be found.

You might as well cover masked potatoes or ice cream in BBQ sauce and call them Enchalatas because the only thing that you can taste is the sauce.

After three futile attempts I finally found the place last night tucked away in silent corner off Soi Buakhao. I instantly took the chance to wine and dine the missus who just like me always enjoys venturing into new gourmet temples.

We were much impressed by the romantic setting and the decent music swaying over from adjacent bars. The food was served in style on three layers of cardboard plates, the drinks were well chilled and served with a straw.

I had a Beef Burrito that had a bit of Pad Krapao Nuea without the basil leaves wrapped in a coaster together with a Singha Beer.

I really enjoyed the beer.

After three futile attempts I finally found the place last night tucked away in silent corner off Soi Buakhao. I instantly took the chance to wine and dine the missus who just like me always enjoys venturing into new gourmet temples.

We were much impressed by the romantic setting and the decent music swaying over from adjacent bars. The food was served in style on three layers of cardboard plates, the drinks were well chilled and served with a straw.

I had a Beef Burrito that had a bit of Pad Krapao Nuea without the basil leaves wrapped in a coaster together with a Singha Beer.

I really enjoyed the beer.

You must be a right cheap charlie to take the wife there for a meal! :D

Stick with it Al. :o

Dave its just not the same as

An Extra large Dona Kebab with loads of Chill sauce, after the boozer/14 pints of lager.

in the uk.

plus the added local intertainment at pub kick out time. i do miss that some times

Not just a doner kebab, when you've got the munchies any of these dough-wrapped foods tastes good.

What chances on starting up a falafel stand, or shwarma stall? Any around Marine Plaza or elsewhere? Can be better than any other with the right starter (lots of beer). Can even beat Ronald MacD's concoctions.

Had a pork soft taco last night at Big Al's while I was sober.

It was good. Big Al was there.

Not quite what I was used to but good.

I lived in South Texas for 10 years

The most important test in Pattaya.

I was not sick that night or the next day.

Thanks Al I will be back tonight as it is only a couple of blocks away from Bar Noi.

I don't often get up north far enough on 2nd Road to go past Big C, but did today and saw Big Al's stand. Is there someplace there to sit and eat? It was closed when I went by around noon but looked rather small.

Where are the other Big Al locations?