Thailand's new Highways System

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Classic Ray said:

But will they have crossroads with traffic lights for over 90 seconds every few km to let the tractors, old pickups and motorbikes cross, like every other “fast” road here? Why roads can’t have more flyovers and roundabouts and proper entry and exit slip roads I don’t know. 

The existing road network, outside the main cities was built well before the explosion of vehicle ownership. So they were built to the 'standards of the day'.

Motorways or Autobahns should not have these obstructions to traffic flow and that is the standard that it is claimed in the O/Ps article.

Most nations, have been through this phenomena of the road systems lagging behind requirements and many still are, even developed ones, such as my own, the UK.

So why should Thailand be any different?

On 3/6/2018 at 9:52 AM, possum1931 said:

it is sheer bloody mindedness from the authorities not allowing bigger bikes on these highways and flyovers.

How would you ID large cc bikes ? Some sort of electronic tag ?

The sheer number of bikes in this country precludes anyone knowing engine size based on visual clues.

Apart from the scooters, once you get into 150CC and above the styling clues are the same as the 300 and 500cc models.

43 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

How would you ID large cc bikes ? Some sort of electronic tag ?

The sheer number of bikes in this country precludes anyone knowing engine size based on visual clues.

Apart from the scooters, once you get into 150CC and above the styling clues are the same as the 300 and 500cc models.

I am not wasting my time on this post except to say it is just so ridiculous.

the map comes from this pdf

http://www.doh-motorway.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Final-Information-Memorandum-M6-31012018.pdf

which is to do with the M6 tender. The DoH have thrown in their grand vision for the next 20 years. Would be interesting to know how serious they are. I couldn't find it on the DoH Motorway site in Thai language.