Thailand gets first fish exported from Fukushima since 3/11

webfact

Thailand gets first fish exported from Fukushima since 3/11

FUKUSHIMA – A shipment of Fukushima fish landed in Thailand this week, marking the prefecture’s first such exports since the March 2011 nuclear crisis.

“We’re delighted to be able to sell fish worldwide from our prefecture,” said Kanji Tachiya, head of a fisheries cooperative association in Soma. “We’ll ship safe fish.”

Fukushima is working to support its fisheries products to dispel lingering concerns about radioactive contamination from the triple core meltdown at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant run by Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc.

Full story: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/03/01/business/thailand-gets-first-fish-exported-fukushima-since-3-11/

-- The Japan Times 2018-03-02

New evidence of nuclear fuel releases found at Fukushima

Date:
February 28, 2018
Source:
Manchester University
Summary:
Uranium and other radioactive materials, such as caesium and technetium, have been found in tiny particles released from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180228092241.htm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Radioactive fish vs antibiotic shrimp. Who will win?

Or basa from the polluted waterways and farms in Vietnam and sold as "dory fillets" in the Thai supermarkets and restaurants.

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 2

Guest Jerry787

can we know what kind of fish and where sold ? 
i do not want eat INVOLUNTARY any fish coming from Fukushima area!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

FUKUSHIMA – A shipment of Fukushima fish landed in Thailand this week, marking the prefecture’s first such exports since the March 2011 nuclear crisis.

Ive heard of a fish called Wanda. whsts this ones name Xray

I bet the first batch of fish tested weren't from Fukushima but every shipment that follows will be. When it come to the big dollar sign you just cant trust officials.

I think I will cross off Fuji restaurants from my list of best place to eat.:sick:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Jesus. The last thing I need is my piss to be glowing! 

Oh I don't know, it would have come in handy in one or two of the less well illuminated dens of iniquity I frequented in my younger days...

Oh happy days, Thailand's the very first.

I'm gonna' guess it was a GREAT deal.

Now where did I put my geiger-counter? 

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

And on arrival they will be tested and the lies will come from the mouths of 'Officials' telling us that all is well and everything is up to 'Thai standards'.   We won't be told where the fish are going to be sold, the whereabouts will be lies too; so i think this calls for a boycott on fish eating for a spell until i see who 'lights up' first and dies a horrible early death, whilst all those 'Officials' make excuses about why it wasn't their fault !

• Like 2

They're exporting fish with the amount the tritium and other nuclear waste that still is being dumped into the ground water and out to the Pacific?  Going to have to start taking a Geiger counter to the market or quit eating fish.  That's not good news in the least.