yet another wife at it

romeijoe

42 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're the one who brought it up. How about backing it some with some facts?

If you think someone who has an affair after 20 years of marriage can get charged with

fraud and be stopped leaving the country, you're living in laa laa land.

Sorry, I don't take instructions or do pro bono research for unknown strangers on a web forum.  Rather than  twisting my words, get off your butt  and do your own research!

Edited by norrska
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, ezzra said:

because neither can sell the condo without the signature

of the other,

The due diligence conducted by local government departments on the legality of documents signed-off by another local government agency is negligible. Fraud by simple forgery is rife here and legal protections of individuals, even those falling victim to openly agreed and proven fraud, is even more nebulous.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

?????

If the condo is in LOS why would the Oz court have any say in its disposition?

Any asset counts if it can be valued. If she keeps it then the  value comes off the settlement. Just get a licensed valuer in Bangkok to write a report in English.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

This isn't a Thai problem, this is a married in a western country problem.

She is entitled to 50+% of everything he has (after 20 years of marriage), including his pension.

My English wife did it to me the week I retired.

When women see the money train stopping, they often get off.

You gotta love 'no fault' divorce.

Incorrect she cannot claim his pension. 

13 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Just to Balance out the Thai bashing, I am in the UK helping a Thai girl used and dumped by her  So called Husband, She has been with him for the last 6/7 years he has beaten her, once breaking her arm, He is just a control freak, Has lied to her consistently, Not completed her IDL visa, He has been to Thailand 6/7 times while she has not seen her Daughter for the last 6/7 years because he would sooner go to Thailand alone, The idiot has been seen on You tube with another Thai girl. Now  after her having a  baby to him , he has thrown her out, He thinks £20 a week is OK for them both, any way we plan to take him to the cleaners, The Boarder agency are interested because He signed that he would take care of her, which he has not, nor reported to them that the relationship has broken down , Lots more  but dont want to bore people , yes there are Good and bad Every where not just in Thailand, bring it on waiting for the delude comments.

The UK is not LOS and there are agencies that will help her. 

As in many cases, did she marry a bad man? Men don't normally change, and he was probably the same before she married him, or was it a rushed courtship?

I'm not excusing bad men doing bad things, but often women marry bad men, knowing they are bad men, then cry when it inevitably goes wrong.

Solution- stop marrying bad men.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saakura said:

Of course the details are important. You cant live with a woman for 20 years and throw her out one fine day for 'no fault' of hers!! 

You misunderstand. One separates legally, then after the required number of years the divorce happens and everything acquired after marriage is split 50/50, unless children are involved. It's done to avoid lengthy and expensive court battles, because one doesn't need to prove the other did anything to cause the divorce, ie "no fault".

9 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Says a guy with over 300 posts in less than a month.

He needs to get out more!  Organizations like the Pattaya Expats Club runs lots of social events where he can meet people and hopefully make some friends :)

Edited by mgthom63

41 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

My ex cheated on me, I went to my Solicitor to see whether the affair would be a mitigating factor in the subsequent asset settlement. He said that the family law court couldn't give a rats who cheated on who, the only thing that mattered was who had what income. She subsequently hit me up for additional support and ended up walking away with over 80% of the assets and I had to pay her an additional 8K/month for 3 years, then normal CSA. She ended up about 900k better off and I ended up starting again. Painfully true story.

I had a similar experience...and my ex deliberately avoided looking for a job in the months leading up to our divorce...to maximize her payout, no doubt!  Divorce law should assess blame when assessing asset settlement IMHO. 

No idea what the 'google legal expert' poster was suggesting with the statement that 'but she could also be sued for a substantial sum for fraud and deception, thereby mitigating the losses'....I haven't seen him/her able to substantiate this claimCheating or infidelity by a spouse will never get such a fraud/deception conviction and/or be accepted as a mitigating factor IMO.

I suspect he's just a bit naive and uninformed as to how the legal process works in Australia, the US or UK. Just googling, pontificating and trolling from some sad keyboard in a small room somewhere in Pattaya...

Edited by mgthom63
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 12:14 PM, cornishcarlos said:

Exactly... Pack her off with a condo to retire in, or tell her she'll get nothing due to her infidelity. I'm sure the courts in Oz will much much less bias than those in Thailand.. 

he has already started that proccess and she will get nothing in auss  just the condo  and he is considering that a good thing 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

My ex cheated on me, I went to my Solicitor to see whether the affair would be a mitigating factor in the subsequent asset settlement. He said that the family law court couldn't give a rats who cheated on who, the only thing that mattered was who had what income. She subsequently hit me up for additional support and ended up walking away with over 80% of the assets and I had to pay her an additional 8K/month for 3 years, then normal CSA. She ended up about 900k better off and I ended up starting again. Painfully true story.

Sounds like you had the wrong lawyer. The deception matter would have to be filed in a separate procedure and court case, not in family court.  Any good lawyer would know that.

I am not sure here but did you have children together?????? is so thats why you had to pay more

12 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

What country? I didn't even earn 8k a month in the UK.

What happens if you didn't earn much? Ie, could you have got a job paying minimum wage while the case went to court?

The more cases I see like yours the more I go for the rent/ lease option. I'd love to see my ex try to get 50% of a rental! 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What happens if you didn't earn much? Ie, could you have got a job paying minimum wage while the case went to court?

The more cases I see like yours the more I go for the rent/ lease option. I'd love to see my ex try to get 50% of a rental! 

They usually base the CSA award on the income you earned in the tax year prior to filing for divorce.

My income was nothing that year ........ so she got NO child support. HAHAHA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if the guy and the gal were opposites. By that I mean one is a same at home type and the other go out type.

The later is going to get bored one day and leave.

I know some guys that just want to stay home and drink and watch tv.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

I know some guys that just want to stay home and drink and watch tv.

If I were given the choice, stay at home and drink, or work in a corporate cubby all day.

Home and drink would win every time.

Corporate cubby is HELL!

Even if the OP`s friend`s wife gains 50% of the condo value, she still wins. Also he should be aware that the wife maybe able to take out loans either with a bank, loan company or a loan shark on her half ownership of the condo, which is the favourite methods used by these women.

Only one chance the friend may have to win his case that is; proving his wife has or is committing adultery.

Adultery is not always easy to prove, adultery means, being in a sexual relationship with someone other than their spouse. The friend without his wife`s knowledge should spy on her social media and grab any evidence from there or and probably a better option is to hire a private investigator to follow his wife and obtain evidence of cheating against her. Not cheap but probably will pay off in the long term.

The longer he leaves the situation as it is, the worse it`s going to get. He must get in first before he ends up being on the defence and on the losing side of the battle.

https://www.thailandlaw.org/divorce-in-thailand.html

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Australia...

I would have been better of being unemployed, no doubt.

21 hours ago, whiteman said:

I am not sure here but did you have children together?????? is so thats why you had to pay more

2 children, CSA is capped at just over 2k i think.