Visiting Pattaya

Songkran18

I'm not going to sweat you guys the intricacies; I  have a four day strategic void to fill  during my first trip to SE Asia. Pattaya and it's southern beaches, though a tad villainous, might fit the bill to hang low for a few days before I continue my journey. I'm a newbie to this forum and I promise I won't outlast my stay. 

I appreciate those that responded  to a previous post. Other than that, I don't have this town fully  figured out, nor intend to.I'm just passing by.  It's not my gig but I'm cool if this is where you're pension dummied you down too. Lot of pent up frustration I sense here.... and some uncivilization. Cheap retorts hurled and failed  attempts  to play it cute, lack of focus with congruency with the subject at hand. Not all, but most. #wasteland #useless #blokes #555  

#comeatmebro  ain't even worth it. Try it  ...... 

Re. the 'pent up frustration'.  You have to remember that there are only about a 100 or so people by my guess posting with any regularity on the Pattaya Forum.  It may seem larger because some are long-winded.   45 posters live in dreary, faraway places like Cornstalk, Nebraska or Queen's Fog, England and bitterly wish they were here.  Although some will say otherwise.   Another 40 live in other places in Thailand and bitterly wish they were here.  Although some will say otherwise.  It's one of those mysteries of life why so many people  not living in Pattaya feel the need to comment on anything and everything to do with Pattaya.  Apparently, like that character in Brokeback Mountain, they just can't quit Pattaya.  But, I digress.  That leaves about 15 posters who actually live here and most are not suffering 'pent up frustration'--except maybe with the out-of-towners.

11 hours ago, newnative said:

Re. the 'pent up frustration'.  You have to remember that there are only about a 100 or so people by my guess posting with any regularity on the Pattaya Forum.  It may seem larger because some are long-winded.   45 posters live in dreary, faraway places like Cornstalk, Nebraska or Queen's Fog, England and bitterly wish they were here.  Although some will say otherwise.   Another 40 live in other places in Thailand and bitterly wish they were here.  Although some will say otherwise.  It's one of those mysteries of life why so many people  not living in Pattaya feel the need to comment on anything and everything to do with Pattaya.  Apparently, like that character in Brokeback Mountain, they just can't quit Pattaya.  But, I digress.  That leaves about 15 posters who actually live here and most are not suffering 'pent up frustration'--except maybe with the out-of-towners.

Dig it, and you affirm my preliminary perceptions and appreciate your take,  as so with  the other responses. LOL ! i anticipate a blissful stay.  I'm just a  avis that is going to rest his wings in Pattaya a few days next month and then move on. I did expect some throw back with the sensitive fellows  that abound here, but that is OK. They're  same guys that bitch they live in a garbage heap and scorn an outsider that notices it going to take at least six months for local governance to find a contactor to spiffy the place up.  ......... As for the mention I talked about myself;  I'm only observing from afar, something I believe I'm allowed to do and I welcome the juvenile  scorn. ....... That said, I expect to enjoy Pattaya. I'm  staying  in the south part of town and renting a bike, questing a decent beach  ( fingers crossed ) and  picking up and properly dispose of my  waste, and leave without a carbon footprint - the perfect tourist. . ........ I came to this forum for research purposes and it's been mostly a waste of time  by mostly pent up dudes with confining pensions.  I do appreciate the well intentioned, like the contributor with  restaurant recos - and even that got trolled.  ....... Peace out ! 

4 hours ago, Songkran18 said:

Dig it, and you affirm my preliminary perceptions and appreciate your take,  as so with  the other responses. LOL ! i anticipate a blissful stay.  I'm just a  avis that is going to rest his wings in Pattaya a few days next month and then move on. I did expect some throw back with the sensitive fellows  that abound here, but that is OK. They're  same guys that bitch they live in a garbage heap and scorn an outsider that notices it going to take at least six months for local governance to find a contactor to spiffy the place up.  ......... As for the mention I talked about myself;  I'm only observing from afar, something I believe I'm allowed to do and I welcome the juvenile  scorn. ....... That said, I expect to enjoy Pattaya. I'm  staying  in the south part of town and renting a bike, questing a decent beach  ( fingers crossed ) and  picking up and properly dispose of my  waste, and leave without a carbon footprint - the perfect tourist. . ........ I came to this forum for research purposes and it's been mostly a waste of time  by mostly pent up dudes with confining pensions.  I do appreciate the well intentioned, like the contributor with  restaurant recos - and even that got trolled.  ....... Peace out ! 

I dig the groovy 60s peacenik vibe bro'!

I'm happy to try and answer any post that ends with a question mark. But both your posts in this thread are full of innuendo without substance, not asking anything at all, instead you dress up your remarks with thinly veiled insults trying to look cool. It's not working

Sorry I'm not able to fill Master's wishes. Does Master require anything else before I retire to my quarters?

Jeez. What a prat. Mate, just come here, spend your four days doing whatever your heart desires and then leave. Four days is sweet FA time to do anything but have a rave with the local lasses. So why are you so concerned about loading up on info that you'll not make use of? Except that is not your aim, is it!. Your aim is to try to prove your superiority over a few expats who post here. Which would make you very poor company to have a drink with. But I'm an obliging guy -- just tell me where you're staying and I'll give you the only info you need: directions to soi 6 (I'll be heading in the opposite direction for those four days). Have a good one, matey. 

Steer clear of arguments regardless of how pushing vendors and others selling service may be.  Best to just smile, say nothing at all, and just keep walking, or if cornered in a bar or restaurant, just smile, shake your head no, and if they persist, pull out your phone and looks distracted until they go away.  Smile, smile, smile - then remove yourself from the situation. 

18 hours ago, newnative said:

That leaves about 15 posters who actually live here and most are not suffering 'pent up frustration'--except maybe with the out-of-towners.

Yes. Agree that a lot of people do seem to urgently vow they would never come here while at the same time making surprisingly detailed rants about the small part of town along and near Beach Rd and Walking Street.

For the most part life is pleasant here and all the more so as the high season winds down and the snow-birds fly back to Farang Land.

Still not sure what the O/P is going on about. Possibly time for him to review the dosages for his prescription drugs with a medical professional or else time to check in at Betty Ford.

Not doing yourself any favours when you come on here supposedly looking  for general advice after insulting most of the subscribers here.

I think you may have already "outlasted your stay". 

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and just stay put. 

The OP sounds like a would be intellectual who is trying to string together a few pearls of wisdom he has gathered in his sophisticated environment, miserably failing to make sense, and leaving us, uneducated slobs, wondering what the hell he is talking about.

The thing is...he doesn't know himself!

He has probably informed his entourage that he was embarking on a risky adventure, having mastered the courage to spend 4 days, no less, in desperado city Pattaya...where he might encounter the strangest of creatures, and maybe, maybe even see one of those guys walking bare chested with a bottle of beer in one hand and with a young indigeneous girl holding his other hand...

To answer the only question I managed to extract from his nonsensical prose, there are no clean beaches in Pattaya, but there are in the Seychelles, not too far away...

Ok. So im here 6 years. 

Forget about the bike renting. Is a nono for you.

With the ladyboys just smile back and say " hi gorgeous, you look good but im not interested " and just go along. Dont tip any beggars, they are the same as 6 years ago andba big business for some maffia running it. 

And leave all gold home.

Thats all. Enjoy....

7 minutes ago, sead said:

Ok. So im here 6 years. 

Forget about the bike renting. Is a nono for you.

With the ladyboys just smile back and say " hi gorgeous, you look good but im not interested " and just go along. Dont tip any beggars, they are the same as 6 years ago andba big business for some maffia running it. 

And leave all gold home.

Thats all. Enjoy....

slowly, slowly, you know way too much already....just wait until 20 years, ...you will be a zen like rock star!

On 02/03/2018 at 10:16 AM, newnative said:

A lot of sense in what you say , same story with Phuket. Gets slated all the time and I would judge by the ignorance of many of the posts , largely by those who have never been closer than a YouTube video of a Bangla beer bar.

Archived