Price change if tourist visa last year ?

Price that I always paid was 50 Euro but last year in October the consule in my homecountry quit work and a new was coming that never visit thailand Ones in his life , he told me the price increases the tourist visit 2 month with possible to entry is not avalible anymore !

Now the new price that I payed was 150€ multipile with use of a have. Year only , people in cambodia told me the still pay 50 dollar for 2 month , so is it Realy new price for Europe tourists or does something going wrong here the new young consule told me , he did not get any money from thai gov he do the work for free ! Can this Realy be true ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is true that honorary consuls only get money from services (such as issuing visas). It seems that the new honorary consul is trying to force you into buying a more expensive visa by refusing to sell you a single entry tourist visa (which every consulate in the world is empowered to sell). Which country are you applying from? Is there an embassy as well as a consulate? If so, I would actually be tempted to complain.

All thai visa fees increased on 1 July 2017 according to the Thai embassy in Australia. This on the Perth Consulate site,

"As of 1st of July 2017, Visa Applications and Consular Service Fees will be adjusted in accordance with related Thai laws,"

Don't know if this was a worldwide increase at all Thai Embassies and Consulates.

1 hour ago, ozfarang said:

Don't know if this was a worldwide increase at all Thai Embassies and Consulates.

That was only in Australia to adjust for a exchange rate change.

The official rates in baht have on changed for many years. Still 1000 baht for a single entry tourist visa and 5000 baht for a multiple entry. A single entry non immigrant visa is 2000 baht and multiple is 5000 baht.