Applicant for driving licence must show medical certificate

rooster59

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone still living in the past? Wake up this is a new requirement not one that was needed 6 months ago or 3 months ago but it is a requirement NOW.

This thread has not been written properly. It is the NEW medical certificate with the NEW list of medical complaints that comes into force from March 1. There has been 5 new ailments that have been added to the medical list.

It is a proper form now not just a letter.

The doctor now faces a risk that if you are involved in an accident that is caused by anyone of the ailments listed then the doctor must explain why he did not disclose this on the medical certificate owing to the recent accidents that have been claimed to have been caused by epileptic fit, seizure, heart attacks.

On 3/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, rooster59 said:

He said this was to verify that the applicants are physically and mentally fit to handle motor vehicles without endangering other motorists.

Does that also verify the likelihood of road rage, drunkenness, and basically not giving a <deleted> about others on the road? 

23 minutes ago, Constantinos said:

What do you need it for? They will give you anyway! You will only have to write your name, phone number and sign

So he takes notice of you and he goes there and gets sent away because you do not believe in helping people. It is quite funny because I had to use that form to get my license so you do not know what you are talking about

Went with my wife to get certificate in sakon Nakhon last month , receptionist signed without even calling doctor then they didn't even ask for it at registration office, got a call at the start of the video and missed the whole thing , license done. Ah Thailand 

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

So he takes notice of you and he goes there and gets sent away because you do not believe in helping people. It is quite funny because I had to use that form to get my license so you do not know what you are talking about

I renewed my licence last Friday! Both car and motorbike! The officer rushed to help me set the documents together, although there were people waiting behind me

1 minute ago, Constantinos said:

I renewed my licence last Friday! Both car and motorbike! The officer rushed to help me set the documents together, although there were people waiting behind me

That is 1 incident at 1 DLT office it does not cover all of Thailand

6 minutes ago, Constantinos said:

I just mentioned my experience!

No, you stated not to bother with the form because all you need to do is to write your name, phone number and sign it

That is not just mentioning your experience

That is telling the person that he does not need to do the form but just give them his name and phone number and sign the document. That is incorrect and misleading information.

47 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

No, you stated not to bother with the form because all you need to do is to write your name, phone number and sign it

That is not just mentioning your experience

That is telling the person that he does not need to do the form but just give them his name and phone number and sign the document. That is incorrect and misleading information.

This is what happened to me. I did not need to complete anything else in the application form! Maybe we are talking about different matters. Maybe you are talking about residency certificate, which I did not need, since I am a yellow book holder! 

13 minutes ago, Constantinos said:

This is what happened to me. I did not need to complete anything else in the application form! Maybe we are talking about different matters. Maybe you are talking about residency certificate, which I did not need, since I am a yellow book holder! 

I know what I am talking about and I am not talking about the residency certificate

An application form must be filled in by the applicant showing their name and address which is not needed for a renewal

This is your original post and nowhere does it say that this was your experience last Friday at the DLT office when you renewed you licenses.

"What do you need it for? They will give you anyway! You will only have to write your name, phone number and sign"

That is incorrect information for a new application because there are none of the applicants details on record. There is a big difference between a renewal and a new application

On 3/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, rooster59 said:

He said this was to verify that the applicants are physically and mentally fit to handle motor vehicles without endangering other motorists.

A quick trip to the local hospital, B500, and Bob's their mother's brother, then. Because we all know that the vast majority of Thai motorists aren't fit to handle a pedal car, never mind a motorised vehicle.

On 03/03/2018 at 10:54 PM, SanatareeNapakin said:

Why are you all so negative!  It is great thing to have health check!  Better than US or UK - no health check!   Crazy!

In the UK If you hold a HGV license there is a mandatory medical and I mean a proper medical every 5 yrs after the age of 40 .. The central licensing authority send you a comprehensive questionnaire weeks before the renewal date that has to be filled in by you're doctor and no one else .. Failure to do so results in the HGV element of you're license being suspended .. Once you hit 70 you are required again to have you're doctor submit evidence that you are fit to drive ANY vehicle .. And you're Doctor is also at liberty to inform the DVLA of any condition that could impact upon you're ability to drive regardless of age , what you drive or the ailment you suffer with .. And in the case of alcohol or drug use whilst driving not only will you almost certainly get banned but depending on the circumstances the DVLA will not return you're license until they have weighty medical evidence that you are not dependant on booze or drugs this being the case for truck drivers .. Get caught driving a big truck whilst under the influence will see the HGV element of you're license removed if not permernantely then for a long time until you can convince them otherwise .. Imagine that over here .! As for the U S I don't know but I'm sure some of our American members could enlighten on the U S's requirement ..

What the honorable policy makers do not (or wish not) to understand is tht with a few THB notes any document can be obtained with no questions.....add a few more THB and you plainly can get the licence with no assessment of any driving proficency......the problem is being tackled from the wrong side IMHO !

Farang's have always been required to produce a medical certificate. Even for renewals, and if you're doing a motor cycle licence and car licence, you need two. Just fuels another cottage industry at Farang's expense. Maybe they are now asking Thai's to produce one? I was doing the colour, depth perception, reaction test and noticed that all Farangs were carrying a bundle of documents with their application while the Thai's only had a photocopy of their thai ID card.

Archived