Applicant for driving licence must show medical certificate

rooster59

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/3/2018 at 12:38 PM, CGW said:

At one time they used to ask for medical certificate, the last license i got a couple of years ago they gave me back MC, said no need!

If they make common sense a requisite for a driving license there will be a lot of refusals!  :shock1:

That's true, and how about 4-5 Thais (2-3 of them children) with no helmets on a scooter. Do they need a special licence for that? Or, is it that they have to get the kids to school, so the police won't pull them over. Forget the safety of the children!

Just re-newed my UK licence at 70 yrs old. The form ASKED if I can read a number plate at 25 metres. Who is going to put NO? Eye tests are free for OAPs so why not ask for a recent prescription copy before re-newing UK licence.....which can then be used to get a Thai one. 555

Yes it is required for your 5 year licenses.  Here in Chiang Mai if you show up at the DLT with one of those 50 baht pieces of garbage you will be told to get a proper medical certificate.  I was sitting nearby the information window when the Dragonlady told a Farang his piece of paper would be better served wiping his ar..se.

Archived