Declaring cash on arrival at Suvarnabhumi good or bad idea?

Declare it.  If you have the evidence to support the source of the funds, and the explanation of why you are bringing it in, then you have nothing to fear.

Yes, have declared large amounts of cash before.  It was handled very professionally, a few cursory questions and sighting of paperwork, then I was on my way.

Do not risk having it found undeclared and forfeited.  There are MANY legitimate reasons why people bring in large amounts of cash, and there is a system in place to process these events.

Hi guys, just an update regarding my question. As I wasn't sure of the outcome I decided to do the transfer via a bank transfer if/and when required as the seller is having some cold feet. However we did stopped to customs on our way in and enquired about the possibility of bringing the money in cash and what is required in terms of papers to prove that the money are legit. To my surprise the customs officer said that they only count & registered the amount of money and of you go and further proof of fund sources is not required.

For clarity are there any departing from your country cash declaration limits? In the USA leaving with 10,000 USD or more requires you to declare it.  The one account I heard from one person that did that in Los Angeles California at LAX was that few of the TSA officials there had a clue as to how you do that.  And if you show up with luggage, you have to go to a different part of the terminal, get or deliver the form, etc.  No idea how one would then get or keep a copy, as I am sure the officials (probably more than one) would want a copy.  Maybe you can get it online in advance and fill it out, but that didn't seem to be the case as they wanted the guy to sign it there.  And I know the TSA mentality being what it is, and depending on some jackass's mood you may get a lot of questions

For clarity are there any departing from your country cash declaration limits? In the USA leaving with 10,000 USD or more requires you to declare it.  The one account I heard from one person that did that in Los Angeles California at LAX was that few of the TSA officials there had a clue as to how you do that.  And if you show up with luggage, you have to go to a different part of the terminal, get or deliver the form, etc.  No idea how one would then get or keep a copy, as I am sure the officials (probably more than one) would want a copy.  Maybe you can get it online in advance and fill it out, but that didn't seem to be the case as they wanted the guy to sign it there.  And I know the TSA mentality being what it is, and depending on some jackass's mood you may get a lot of questions
No such restrictions in Bahrain you can take more than 20000usd/person and the only obligation is to declare that you are taking that money out.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk