Workers remove Trump name from Panama hotel in property dispute

webfact

Workers remove Trump name from Panama hotel in property dispute

2018-03-05T211604Z_1_LYNXMPEE241UU_RTROPTP_4_TRUMP-PANAMA.JPG

A worker cleans the site where the Trump name was removed from the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City, Panama March 5, 2018. REUTERS/Carlos Lemos

PANAMA CITY (Reuters) - Workers on Monday removed the Trump name from the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City, after the Trump Organization appeared to lose control of administration of the property in a bitter commercial dispute.

Earlier on Monday, Orestes Fintiklis, the owner of the Trump hotel who has been fighting a legal battle to oust the Trump Organization's hotel management team, said a court had ended the fight.

"Today, this dispute has been settled by the judges and the authorities of this country," he said, without giving further information. "Today, Panama has made us proud."

Neither the Trump Organization nor Panamanian legal authorities responded to requests for comment.

(Reporting by Elida Moreno; Editing by Gabriel Stargardter)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-03-06

52 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I wouldn't stay at a hotel that used the 'Trump' name.

Would you?

Smart business move...

I wouldn't stay at anything, buy anything, ride with anything, fly in anything, eat anything that had even the remotest connection with that utter disgrace to the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't stayed at any of the Trump properties, but I will usually stay at the place with the best deal.   I almost stayed at one not long ago.   The price was very competitive, but the location was not as convenient to where I needed to be, so I didn't.  

Because I don't care for him as President doesn't mean the properties bearing his name are bad.   I am more inclined to boycott a place if they have a specific policy I don't care about.   I really can't figure out with Trump what he is for or against.   It seems to change from day to day.   

This happened about 20 years ago, story told to me back when by a friend in real estate finance:

a guy in Westchester (county north of NYC) did a real estate development, I think it was combined office park and condos.  The project was completed, and he was having a hard time finding tenants and was facing ruin.  He approached DT, who for $1 million he gave him the right to put his name on it.  Not long after occupancy was at full capacity.

Go figure...

21 hours ago, Becker said:

I wouldn't stay at anything, buy anything, ride with anything, fly in anything, eat anything that had even the remotest connection with that utter disgrace to the US.

So, if you were to receive a check for 1 million dollars signed by Donald Trump, you would tear it up?  I don't believe you.