Education Degree for Teaching Licence

Hi

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and I am about to apply for my 4th waiver letter from Kru Supa. I believe this is the maximum they give. I have already done the Culture course and as far as I know the 9 module course they had to allow people like me obtain the teaching licence has been scrapped. Is this correct? Kru Supa seem to be saying there is no course run by them now and you will have to find your own way to meet the minimum requirements i.e a degree in education. 

My question is what options are open to me? I live in Ubon so if there were online courses it would be easier. I am looking for a course which is accepted by Kru Supa and is the cheapest and of shortest duration. This is just for me to stay in Thailand. I am not doing this for employment enhancement. 

The best option I have heard so far is St Roberts in Bangkok which offer an education degree over 18 months for around 60k THB. This is through  IFUGAO University which is in the Philippines. I know this is currently approved by Kru supa as a couple of Filipino teachers here who completed the course have recently obtained their teaching licence. Does anyone know of other options? I heard there might be one in Khon Kaen?

Thanks

Red

Be sure and check out whether they will recognize a degree from the Philippines if you are not a Philippine national.   There was talk about not permitting western citizens to get a Teacher's License with an online degree from the Philippines.  

Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but do check it out before investing in course work that may not achieve your goals.  

• Like 1

My question is what options are open to me? I live in Ubon so if there were online courses it would be easier. I am looking for a course which is accepted by Kru Supa and is the cheapest and of shortest duration. This is just for me to stay in Thailand. I am not doing this for employment enhancement

I also had the exact problem as stated above. There is nothing offered in Ubon.  Last year, I signed up with Ifugao and had to travel to Korat to participate in the course work. I'm told by St. Robert's that they need 15 students to sign up and they would open a class in Ubon.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:32 AM, Scott said:

Be sure and check out whether they will recognize a degree from the Philippines if you are not a Philippine national.   There was talk about not permitting western citizens to get a Teacher's License with an online degree from the Philippines.  

Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but do check it out before investing in course work that may not achieve your goals.  

The Diploma in Teacher Education, offered by St. Robert's is accredited by Khurusapha. It's not fully online, the four to five "face to face" modules ( classes on a Saturday, or Sunday ) are usually available in Bangkok, CM and Korat, ( if there are enough students for a course).

If the OP is staying at the same school it should be possible to receive another waiver. I think that they ( St. Roberts) would run a course in khon kaen if at least 15 people will sign up for a course.

If the OP enrolls for a course they'll issue a certificate that will be enough to get you another provisional license. 

• Like 1

You may want to check out Teach Now. It is a 9-month online program where you can earn a teacher's license. You will be licensed in Washington DC. I finished the program last year. I have licenses to teach K-12 TESOL and ESL.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:05 AM, BobbyL said:

Not sure why you would want to take a Filipino Education Degree.

Surely the best in terms of learning and career prospects would be a PGCEi. 

Well, let's see, "I am looking for a course which is accepted by Kru Supa and is the cheapest and of shortest duration. "  I didn't see where he was seeking, " . . . the best in terms of learning and career prospects . . ."

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 3:32 AM, Scott said:

I did the course and have a license now, so it's fine.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks Guys for all your input. I am going to enroll at St Robert's and start next month. I went to Kru Supa and they gave me my 4th waiver but said I won't get a 5th. They also said that they accept the Degree of Education from St Robert's for the teaching licence. St Robert's also said that I can do the course 100% online but I will have to do an extra paper in lieu of going to lectures in Bangkok. Will let you know how I get on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RebelRed said:

Thanks Guys for all your input. I am going to enroll at St Robert's and start next month. I went to Kru Supa and they gave me my 4th waiver but said I won't get a 5th. They also said that they accept the Degree of Education from St Robert's for the teaching licence. St Robert's also said that I can do the course 100% online but I will have to do an extra paper in lieu of going to lectures in Bangkok. Will let you know how I get on.

BA in education, or a Diploma in teacher education? 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, Quadro80 said:

Hello RebelRed,

How did you get on with this course? I'm looking to sign up to it also to get my 5 year teaching license. Did you get your license and was the course worthwhile?

I have heard it definately gets the license, but I won't comment on exactly what was said about whether or not it is a worthwhile course.

Edited by FruitPudding

On 12/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, FruitPudding said:

I have heard it definately gets the license, but I won't comment on exactly what was said about whether or not it is a worthwhile course.

Definitely, it's helping you when you do your assignments by yourself.

When I did mine, the majority only did the copy and paste thingy, and some accidentally posted them in the open forum.

Unbelievable, that these people now have a license! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 11:03 AM, Isaanbiker said:

Definitely, it's helping you when you do your assignments by yourself.

When I did mine, the majority only did the copy and paste thingy, and some accidentally posted them in the open forum.

Unbelievable, that these people now have a license! 

How was the course? Was it easy/hard, were there many assignments to do?

I'm thinking about doing it. Does the thing really take a year?

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 6:16 AM, mikeinnara said:

Can anyone here give a review about recent experience with getting this diploma from St. Roberts? I understand the course is now totally online and can be finished in a year. Is that true?

I heard someone had luck with this. This was years ago though. He said khurusapha took it. Couldn't hurt to try:

https://alison.com/courses/education