Buriram: So unnecessary as Year 10 student dies on his way to school

webfact

8 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Side soi boy didn't look,  schoolkid no helmet, schoolkid undertaking on the left side, so much wrong, so easily avoided. RIP.

No road sense by the Soi rider as usual in Thailand , they operate under the thinking it will never happen to me.... He caused it but the will throw the book at a third person guaranteed 

why is anyone surprised by this?

until the bozos learn to ride, get some common sense, learn basic road safety, this will happen more and more.

the crash helmet law coming in soon cracks me up.

they wont enforce it.

apart from with farangs.

2 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

And by the way, I can't ever recall a car trying to turn inside a car at a junction, I only see motorbikes doing this.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen with cars, but it doesn't happen to any extent that warrants a rant complete with diagram on the internet.

You need to live by me then 

• Like 2

Base on this scenario anybody can comprehend what is the mental state of everyone in Thailand. The educational system just don't make these people not so stupid at all. Next, the guy that came out from the Soi did not even bother at what happened to the boy at all. Finally, the mai pen rai attitude is still deeply entrenched in their under utilized brain because I did not see any helmet worn by the dead kid!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Side soi boy will do the same again tomorrow and hope there's nothing coming.

True, and there are thousands of these side soi boys, girls, ferangs blah blah who have no concept or interest in road rules. This is not to say the school kid is any less responsible either, 2 bad drivers meeting in an unfortunate spot. Nothing new here just bad luck and timing, as we all know but for the grace of god.................

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Side soi boy will do the same again tomorrow and hope there's nothing coming.

..looks to me he doesn't care about the other rider..not even a casual glance to where he would be left of screen..didnt go to check..just wandered around like a lost duck checking out his clothes/phone and hair.

So sorry for the young school-boy..RIP.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ugothai said:

They must charge the family that give motobike th a 10 yo !!!!!

‘Year 10’ in school is like the tenth grade.  He could in fact be older than the guy that knocked him under the bus. Still sad.

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

What exactly is your problem with this that makes you think they might be clueless?

There is no traffic for the blue car/vehicle to negotiate or worry about, other than the red car.  With that in mind, the blue car/vehicle only has to get past the red car.

To cut across the red car, especially if the red car is indicating/turning right (as the position of the red car on the diagram suggests), makes complete and total sense.

I can only assume you take an issue with this as it is the opposite of what you were taught in whatever western country you came from.

There should be no discussion on this point between foreigners who drive in Thailand, why do people expect Thai drivers to behave well when we do exactly as they do?  It is often said that "When in Rome do as Romans do" but that is wrong, "When in Rome follow the rules of Rome". To cut the corner and pass behind the emerging vehicle is to do as Romans do not to follow the rules. Well trained drivers see lines on the road where no lines exist, bad drivers see no lines ever.  Has anybody heard of "squaring the corner"? Many Thai drivers don't because they are at heart motorcyclists and if not that, then they are reluctant to apply full lock where necessary. 

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Meanwhile......

There's just no hope at all.

The Thais are the most dopey drivers ever, they all think they have the right of way ..... time they were given some pharmacy or something to wake them the F up . The driving tests are a joke also

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Have to feel sorry for the song thaew driver - although no excuse for not stopping.

Yes, the not stopping part kind of makes it hard for me to muster any sympathy for the driver.  What kind of monster is he?  I have the opposite of sympathy and feel like he should be in jail for a long time for that.  And "side soi boy" never even looked to see if traffic was coming.  This is why I drive as if everyone is out to kill me every day.  

• Like 1

1) Manslaughter charges should be levied on the motorcyclist...!!!

2) And hit and run murder charges should also be applied to the truck            driver regardless whether he couldn't stop or not

Edited by Top Chef

3 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Just caused the death of another road user, inspects his bike for damage, then stands their playing with his phone. This is the reaction of a sociopath.

Its the typical I'm alright jack attitude, sad really sad

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

A friend once asked .........."No one teaches them to do that, but drivers in Buriram/Surin/Pattaya/Chiang Mai'Phuket/Nan/Pai....etc (who have never met) - all pull the same manoeuvre.... why?"

Because they see the hard shoulder as a feed in lane. No need to look, cars and motorcycles drive in the outer lanes.

9 hours ago, dyertribe said:

And not once did he check on the state of the kid he killed.  More worried about dusting his pants off and picking up his bike ...

True but at least he didn't run away like the Samrong driver did.  I would charge him with leaving the scene of an accident and the motorbike rider with dangerous driving.  There was little the Samrong driver could have done to avoid the boy but just driving away is unforgivable.

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Until these total morons without any kind of respect for human lives that we see on the Thai road everyday grow some brains,

They all have brains but through the appalling Thai education system they are not taught to use them.

• Like 1