10 reasons you will like Thailand

Justfine

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

10 reasons I LIKE Thailand

1. Being married to a women who hasn't been spoilt or damaged by western standards and knows her role in a marriage without changing or challenging it, and is happy, isn't negative, jealous, or a ball breaker, and is a pleasure to be around.

2. Being able to afford not having to work another day in my life here Vs literally killing myself by working 5/7th's of life, having worked between 60 - 80 hour weeks back in the production line, just to survive and put a little aside for an annual holiday, while everything just kept increasing except wages for the past decade.

2. Being able to build a house 4 times the size of the old one, for 1/10th of the price it would cost me back in the old country, and have the time to enjoy living it in Vs being away from it most of the time.

3. Being able to not have to pay any tax from my investment back in the old country, while living the life I always wanted here, pinching myself everyday so as not to have to wake up from living the dream.

4-10+. Extremely affordable:

Water rates, Electricity, Gas, House Insurance, Car insurance, Diesel, Food, excluding imports, Alcohol, excluding imports, Women, entertaining you, Hotels, Cars, Motorbikes, Drivers licences, Extensions of stays, Speeding fines, Flight routes and choices of airlines.

10 Reasons I DON'T like Thailand

1. Annual extension of stay applications

2. 90 day reporting

3. Relaxed police

4. Relaxed laws

5. Double pricing

6. International insurance prices

7. School punishment

8. Corruption

9. Back burning in the country

10. lack of education in Thai society

At the end of the day one has to balance things out and the LIKES outweigh the DON'T LIKES, so its "up to you" as the Thai's say, so for me, its more LIKES than DON'T LIKES

1. is obviously tongue in cheek.

2 minutes ago, keithpa said:

1. is obviously tongue in cheek.

Not really, its the 1st thing I like about Thailand, i.e. she is Thai, from Thailand.

Are you insinuating that I am a male chauvinist, squire ?

If so 50 lashes to you :shock1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

My 10:

-- I don't need a car and all the related expenses.

-- I can use the pool year round.

-- $6 Thai massages.

-- All that fresh fruit!

-- Ocean-view condo at 1/10th the cost in California.

-- Eye contact with a smile, not a snarl.

-- The occasional and surprising thing a Thai will do for you that would never happen at home.

-- Cheap movies and popcorn.

-- Lousy TV, so I turn it off and go do something, like swim.

-- Blood pressure about half what it was in Trumpland.

How much are movies in the US? Thai cinemas arent cheap

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I only see 7 reasons, unless one of them have a hidden skill you are not sharing with us.

It depends on whether you are a leg man. I can see 14.

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Topic is good things and positive.

If people want to say negative stuff go start your own topic.

Far too much negativity.

I agree, too much negativity and rules of conduct.

Thailand is all about to love and dislike for my part I do love it even if it s a little scary driving on their roads but for the rest of living peacefully it happen and if you keep to yourself and sometime give to the temple the local become friendly and they show it by smiling , they do not know the word Thank you.

4 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Where?

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ pt reyes seashore

Gee, instead of using a Flickr online photo account for your photos, have you considered real life actual images?  Enjoy your picturesque day at the beach ?

Screenshot_2018-03-08-23-03-28-100_com.android.chrome.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Justfine said:

How much are movies in the US? Thai cinemas arent cheap

$9-12 in Utah, $12-16 on West Coast, plus $6 for Coke and $8 for popcorn. So a movie date could cost $60 before dinner, drinks and parking. But the feeling of relief when the date is finally over is so intense it's almost orgasmic. Money well spent! (Note the sarcasm )

6 hours ago, HLover said:

Gee, instead of using a Flickr online photo account for your photos, have you considered real life actual images?  Enjoy your picturesque day at the beach ?

No -- I just posted a view of the ocean at Pt. Reyes National Seashore near where I used to live in California.

But at least you get ocean views in California. Where in Thailand do you get an ocean view -- not a Gulf or Sea view --  from a condo or anywhere else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac98 said:

$9-12 in Utah, $12-16 on West Coast, plus $6 for Coke and $8 for popcorn. So a movie date could cost $60 before dinner, drinks and parking. But the feeling of relief when the date is finally over is so intense it's almost orgasmic. Money well spent! (Note the sarcasm )

Take water from home and a bag of nuts/chips from supermarket.