Crime buster Big Joke smashes motorcycle racing gang in Bangkok

rooster59

Crime buster Big Joke smashes motorcycle racing gang in Bangkok

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRlGB6k7smIfsFRgd0.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Surachet Hakpal - the crime busting deputy commissioner of the tourist police - turned his attention to a motorcycle racing gang causing annoyance on the streets of downtown Bangkok early this morning.

Ninety bikers were arrested and 74 bikes seized.

In an impromptu 2.30am press conference outside Tesco Lotus Extra on Rama 4 in Klong Toey, Surachet confronted Supharit "Ken" Bangsue, 20, a tattooist from Wang Yen district who ran a page on Facebook that arranged meet-ups of street racers. 

The "Wairun Kaorao (Bang Sue)" page had 500 followers and had been operating for two months. 

He has been charged with encouraging others to recklessly break the law. 

Of the ninety arrested 50 were below the age of 18 and forty above, reported Thai Rath this morning.

Five of those arrested had purple results from urine tests for drugs. 

Surachet is the country's highest profile crime buster at the moment who has been particularly busy clearing up call center gangs. 

His remit is far above handling matters dealing with tourism.

He is known as Big Joke (rice gruel) in the Thai media.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-10
  • Haha 1

well done at bloody last its the rama 4 idiots,  at least once, sometimes twice a week this lot would race up rama 4 when i lived at Phra Khanong,, seemed to do a circle, in the early hours of the morning, nothing was ever done the BIB was tucked up in bed by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see that they always have to refer to Surachet Hakpal as a crime buster. I mean, he is a police. Isn´t fighting crime what they are there for?
As I understand it. He is totally unique in his line of business.

74 bikes were seized but I don’t see any mention of them being crushed. If they are returned, the problem will continue. Word will soon spread if they are crushed. Most are not street legal anyway. 

On on the other side, it is about time a properly equipped and regulated bike racing track was set up to prevent the problem.

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

This young Thai men need a job or army time so they can learn to behave as normal people 

Not so sure that the Thai Army is a place where budding psychopaths will learn to behave normally.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 2

I see Mr. Big Joke are at it again.....Since he is a member of the Tourist Police, who lack police powers, I don't understand his actions...at best he can make a citizens arrest, and turn over the perpetrators to the 'real police'.....

Tourist police[edit]

220px-Tourist_Police_Thailand.JPG

Thai Tourist Police logo
220px-Thai_Tourist_Police_Chevrolet_Optr

Thai Tourist Police officer

Tourist police are uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. In more serious cases, they will translate reports to be passed on to the regular police in Bangkok. Recently recruiting foreign nationals living in Thailand.

1 hour ago, JOC said:

I see Mr. Big Joke are at it again.....Since he is a member of the Tourist Police, who lack police powers, I don't understand his actions...at best he can make a citizens arrest, and turn over the perpetrators to the 'real police'.....

Tourist police[edit]

220px-Tourist_Police_Thailand.JPG

Thai Tourist Police logo
220px-Thai_Tourist_Police_Chevrolet_Optr

Thai Tourist Police officer

Tourist police are uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. In more serious cases, they will translate reports to be passed on to the regular police in Bangkok. Recently recruiting foreign nationals living in Thailand.

Your quoting of wikipedia is well out of date.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

74 bikes were seized but I don’t see any mention of them being crushed. If they are returned, the problem will continue. Word will soon spread if they are crushed. Most are not street legal anyway. 

On on the other side, it is about time a properly equipped and regulated bike racing track was set up to prevent the problem.

Last time i was in Bangkok i did see a very nice racetrack but i think this is more about breaking the law than racing.

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

Lol... real police.... love it!

Well unlike some in pattaya they're not doing it just like some old white fat guys to get a visa.

And yes they're one branch of the Thai Police.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Well unlike some in pattaya they're not doing it just like some old white fat guys to get a visa.

And yes they're one branch of the Thai Police.

I do not believe you can get a visa for joining as a Tourist Police Volunteer.