Two killed after speeding pickup hits motorcycle

rooster59

Two killed after speeding pickup hits motorcycle

By The Nation

A speeding pickup truck hit a motorcycle taking three vendors to a market in Phitsanulok province, killing two and injuring one person early on Saturday, police said.

The accident happened at 2.40am at the Ban Klong intersection on Phitsanulok-Sukhothai Road in Tambon Ban Klong in Muang district.

The two vendors who died wereidentified as Ladda Meetal, 57, and Malee Srivala, 72.

The motorcycle was ridden by Banleng Jumas, 54, who was injured.

Police said the three were heading to a market in Muang district when their motorcycle was hit by a pickup driven by Wutthipong Thaiboonme, 30, in the middle of the intersection.

Police said Wutthipong was allegedly drunk but his blood alcohol level was not higher than the legal limit.

The speeding pickup did not slow down after hitting the motorcycle, police said, adding they have yet to check security camera footage to see who had jumped the traffic light.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340643

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-10

So does that mean because his blood alcohol level wasn't above the speed limit, this idiot will fined only 250 instead of the usual 500 baht? Of course, he will have to do an apologetic wai and say sorry to society. So sickening reading about these accidents on a daily basis. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

When I first moved to Thailand almost 10 years ago, I was appalled at the death rate and number of accidents on the roads of a country about the size of the state of Texas.  Now?  I simply accept it as part of the daily life here.  Life is cheap, the people are ignorantly uninformed about traffic laws and "rules of the road", and I don't see any change in the foreseeable (50 years or so) future. It is what it is. 

" It is what it is."  yes population control

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

agree terrible reporting, its all guess work. still no problem, someone will be along in a moment to act as judge and jury.

Agreed. There is never a shortage of experts, who base their verdicts on a news story, which most likely was written by someone who was not present when the incident occurred.

Edited by Benmart
  • Haha 1

All i will say another bad accident and like i said 3 on bike. Which motorbike company has designed a motorbike to carry 3 people?  Can somebody please tell me the company name that builds these bikes?  Oh sorry Thais only think they are meant to carry 3 people. Sometimes even 4 Carry on Thailand you are in the running for the gold medal. Keep up the good work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

All i will say another bad accident and like i said 3 on bike. Which motorbike company has designed a motorbike to carry 3 people?  Can somebody please tell me the company name that builds these bikes?  Oh sorry Thais only think they are meant to carry 3 people. Sometimes even 4 Carry on Thailand you are in the running for the gold medal. Keep up the good work

I think as they were vendors going to market they would have a sidecar attached. 

Even if not so, a motorbike here is the family form of transport for many. 

• Like 1