Is One Million Baht Enough?

gk10002000

It seems this clause is only about palliative treatments.

That's correct. If all treatment has failed and you're 'on the way out', you can claim up to $20,000 to spend your last days getting drunk or having wild parties in Pattaya :)

This policy seems good value for money. It's a UK policy, so the annual premiums will not increase if you make a claim, (other than age-band increases). Your annual renewal will not be refused if you've made a claim. You can continue this policy with no upper age limit.

This is my second year with HCI. I haven't made any claim (and hope not too do so).

Their Emergency Plus policy does have a $2,000 excess. That's probably why the premiums are competitive. It's a policy for serious accident or illness.

40 minutes ago, simon43 said:

That's correct. If all treatment has failed and you're 'on the way out', you can claim up to $20,000 to spend your last days getting drunk or having wild parties in Pattaya :)

This policy seems good value for money. It's a UK policy, so the annual premiums will not increase if you make a claim, (other than age-band increases). Your annual renewal will not be refused if you've made a claim. You can continue this policy with no upper age limit.

This is my second year with HCI. I haven't made any claim (and hope not too do so).

Their Emergency Plus policy does have a $2,000 excess. That's probably why the premiums are competitive. It's a policy for serious accident or illness.

Looked on the net for some reviews and they don't look very good at all!!

Looked on the net for some reviews and they don't look very good at all!!

Believe me, I checked very carefully into HCI before I took out the policy a year ago. I found both glowing reviews and bad reviews.

Some of the bad reviews were from those who went for treatment outside the hospital network (such as Bumrungrad). Others had pre-existing conditions and so there were disputes over whether a claim was valid, or whether it was due to a pre-existing condition.