‘New kind’ of corruption feared

webfact

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

He wonders "how many people will dare to speak up"

Well the government very easily can give a big boost to the chances by cutting out the criminal element in defamation laws like most non corrupt countries. People would be much less afraid to whistle-blow then.

If the "government" did that, they too would become subject to scrutiny. Prayut has already made it very clear that no one is allowed to question his obscene wealth.

• Like 2

Does nothing get audited in Thailand? Of course there will be corruption where there is no control. No human anywhere in the world, in any station, is above that - assuming they have some glimmer of competitive instinct, and of course everyone does.

Well, the present system, as we all know, is designed to facilitate corruption, only it's not seen as corruption until it gets found out, then they have to make an example of it for appearance's sake, before carrying on as before.

• Like 1

Just now, chama said:

Panda for PM! Time for a change.

Just kidding of course but she has demonstrated the characteristics that would be good to see in a future leader but seem to be missing in most, if not all, current options.

The scope of this welfare fund corruption is staggering. 80% of the 122 m budget and irregularities found in 44 out of 76 provinces that have been investigated so far. The poor have been cheated and yet the junta PM have not make a statement or use 44 to transfer those under investigation. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

It existed well before Thaksin, it's how Thailand works and has always worked (I use the term loosely). The difference is the Junta claims to be the savior of the nation and committed to ridding the country of corruption, and yet they only go after so-called "bad" people, while when the Junta and those who installed them practice corruption, this is just Thainess. You are right that the Junta is not the cause of this but they perpetuate it and protect those who ARE the cause of it. The very root of it. But we can't mention those people here because that would be defamation. Or who knows, maybe I just don't understand Thainess. I must go and read up on it.

Dont you know the buck stops with taksin? all past, even before his tenure, current and future problems are his doing...you'd have to be insane to think otherwise..or did i just mix that up?

Put them on blok they dont understand,

they dont see,

they are a waste of your time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

We've all seen Red, Yellow and Green corruption, greed has no bounds......nothing new here!

I will include blue (police), yellow-brown (civil servants) and purple (fengshui colour for wealthy) corruption. Corruption is widespread but somehow the punishment varies. Depressing and disgusting justice system and the coup promised so much and delivered so very little. 

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I will include blue (police), yellow-brown (civil servants) and purple (fengshui colour for wealthy) corruption. Corruption is widespread but somehow the punishment varies. Depressing and disgusting justice system and the coup promised so much and delivered so very little. 

.......depending which side of the fence your on, I'm sure the snouts think everything is wonderful!

• 4 months later...

And thats why Civil Servants want a Military Government and not a Civilian Government. Cs invesigating Cs no more checks. Thers probably more corruption now than ever before P.s. its called sharing the benefits not corruption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

And thats why Civil Servants want a Military Government and not a Civilian Government. Cs invesigating Cs no more checks. Thers probably more corruption now than ever before P.s. its called sharing the benefits not corruption.

And inversely one cannot expect the yellow faction to act against one of their main base of supporters.

Edited by candide

At the same time, there is corruption in the USA too (which does not make this story any more acceptable in any way, of course). It is called campaign contributions that insurance companies and others use to get what they want from politicians. There are tens of millions of people (that would include children and disabled children) in the USA who cannot afford basic medical assistance when in fact if there was a national medicare system they could, AND billions if not trillions over a decade could be saved. It is mindboggling that some voters are being lied to. Here is the proof that a medicare system WOULD SAVE money: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mseqVTXVbHs&feature=youtu.be