Ambulance Chasers

Old Croc

A short time ago the wailing of several sirens and much traffic noise going past our place indicated something had gone very wrong somewhere. There is a boat factory, a dirt bike track, an elephant bathing (!) place and several building sites and workers camps in that area. It's a no through road so usually only has local traffic. I don't know what happened at this stage.

From my place I observed an ambulance and fire engines returning from the emergency, but what took my notice was the incredible amount of motorbikes heading back out. Way too many to be locals.

Is this a common sport, following emergency vehicles to rubberneck or get grizzly photos for the Facebook page?

Loads of rubberneckers turned up within minute of the aircraft crashing on Sat in Paklok, impeding access for the rescue workers- it seems to be a morbid curiosity.

I have seen BGs that normally move with the speed of sloths sprinting down the road on hearing a crunch.

Last year a guy electrocuted himself on the wires by the main road in Kamala and he provided photographic fun for about 20 minutes before they were able to extract him. The'll be surrounding bloody victims at car crashes as well pointing and commenting but not helping. I find it pretty sick.

Unfortunately it happens everywhere these days, saw the same thing when someone passed out at a shopping centre when we were visiting family in Cottesloe 2 xmas's ago.

Edited by beechbum