Police Say Options Exhausted To Bring 'Boss Red Bull' To Justice

snoop1130

3 hours ago, CharlesSwann said:

I don't know, but the UK has a jury system so the laws are effectively decided by the people, whereas in Thailand they are decided by oligarchs.

Point I am making is that one's own legal system is not necessary right in the first place, and doubly not necessary right for Thailand.

We think: "in my country he would go to prison for that" because that's the system we were brought up in, and people are always stuck in their ways. Why not question instead whether prison is actually appropriate in every cirumstance? I don't believe it is. In many cases the whole concept of imprisonment is a silly and costly idea. It should be used for those who are a clear and present danger to society rather than as a punishment for every crime (especially crimes of passion or recklessness).

UK has both statute law, in Acts of Parliament, and Common Law resulting from  judge’s rulings. Juries don’t decide or make law, they decide facts.

Democracies depend on people being equal before the law, and the enforcement of those laws. That may be where Thailand is going wrong.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I think corruption is so pervasive, worldwide at this time, that there is little to notice. Look at Russia. Maybe the most corrupt nation on earth. India? China? All we can do is hope that eventually, once they are out of office, Little P., Prawit the nitwit, and other now billionaires, will be brought to account for their enormous theft, their corruption, their policies and their crimes against the illegal immigrants, the slaves, the people who are trafficked, and the Thai people. As we know, current politicians, those that are in power in the police, the army, and the administration, never, ever get prosecuted. Once in a blue moon, they face charges long after they have left office, and squirreled away their fortunes overseas. Above the law. Any and all laws. 

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely   -----   youre right it happens and has happened for millennia everyone knows it and most try to attain it.

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

Interesting to see how differently the prosecutors / courts in Thailand proceed against persons. Some will be sentenced in absentia and others will not even be charged !!!

The Junta introduced a new law that makes trial in absentia possible, but the law only covers Shinawatra "political office holders"

Everyone knows why...

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Where do they mention a cop? The circumstances and details are substantially toned down... if they wanted to get Interpol's attention, death of a policeman sounds much more serious. As does spelling reckless with just the two s's rather than three as in the notice.  

The victim's occupation does not affect the severity of the offences neither does it affect the charges which are not toned down in any way!  There is no such offence of "reckless driving causing the death of a police officer".

By the way, they got the attention of Interpol.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

By the way, they got the attention of Interpol.

After dragging their heels for five years, just before the third of the four statute of limitations was up. Not to mention looking the other way while he exited the country in his private jet two days before his court appearance last year. This case and the way it's been handled is scandalous by any standards. 

14 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

After dragging their heels for five years, just before the third of the four statute of limitations was up. Not to mention looking the other way while he exited the country in his private jet two days before his court appearance last year. This case and the way it's been handled is scandalous by any standards. 

They didn't "look the other way" when he went to Singapore, the police could not have done anything about it.  There was no reason for him to be detained, there was no warrant for his arrest at that stage and he had not been banned from leaving the country.

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

They didn't "look the other way" when he went to Singapore, the police could not have done anything about it.  There was no reason for him to be detained, there was no warrant for his arrest at that stage and he had not been banned from leaving the country.

You are probably 100% right, now a person with just a little bit of a brain would wonder how a guy that killed a copper in his Ferrari whilst under the influence, did not have an arrest warrant against him issued or a ban from leaving the country. 

There is ample reason for him to be detained, as he had a clear history of skipping his obligations in this case. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, farcanell said:

I’m sure he has... but he’s the minor shareholder, isn’t he?

if so... just a lacky to be ignored

The company is 51 percent controlled by the Yoovidhya family. It's also the Yoovidhya family who retain the trademark ownership.

Edited by Fish Head Soup
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, lamyai3 said:

Why would that be? 

Presumably because at that stage he wasn't missing or wanted and he was complying with all the police requirements for delaying meetings organized through his lawyer.  The warrant was issued after he left Thailand.

Anywhere else in the world you would be incarcerated and then the appropriateness of bail would be decided for vehicular homicide 

This whole idea that you needed a warrant is ludicrous and in Thailand is just a get out of jail card if you have enough money  

I guarantee you that if I run over a policeman at 4 o'clock in the morning and drag his body across Bangkok I ain't getting out,  warrant or not 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:34 AM, sjaak327 said:

You are probably 100% right, now a person with just a little bit of a brain would wonder how a guy that killed a copper in his Ferrari whilst under the influence, did not have an arrest warrant against him issued or a ban from leaving the country. 

There is ample reason for him to be detained, as he had a clear history of skipping his obligations in this case. 

An arrest warrant wasn't issued because his whereabouts were known and he hadn't done a runner at that stage.   He had been arrested after the accident and may have been on bail (not sure about that), he had been in and out of the country countless times in relation to his business with no disappearing issues and, through his lawyer, he complied with every police requirement when alterations to meetings with the police were requested and granted (except for the last one).

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, metisdead said:

An off topic post containing an aberrant miss spelling of Thaksin's name has been removed.  

A quote only post and a reply has been removed. 

i had to google aberrant as never heard that word before and i went to private school. might hit them up for a refund ; )

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

An arrest warrant wasn't issued because his whereabouts were known and he hadn't done a runner at that stage.   He had been arrested after the accident and may have been on bail (not sure about that), he had been in and out of the country countless times in relation to his business with no disappearing issues and, through his lawyer, he complied with every police requirement when alterations to meetings with the police were requested and granted (except for the last one).

Maybe I am mistaken, but after is first disappearance to Singapore, I believe he has returned to Thailand on occasions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i had to google aberrant as never heard that word before and i went to private school. might hit them up for a refund ; )

I had to look it up also

Aberrant - "departing from an accepted standard"

I used to think it was a good job we are all different.

No criticism intended.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:25 PM, Happy enough said:

Not to be confused with abhorrent, as befits the original offence and it's subsequent handling. 

• Like 1