Multiple Entry NON-"O' from Singapore

Hi folks,

As promised here is the latest info from Singapore.

Yes you do need to show a recent copy of a bank book showing a minimum of 400,000 Baht (or equivalent in foreign currency) to qualify for a Multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa to visit your Thai wife/family.

The lovely and very polte muslim girl seemed almost embarrassed to ask for it, but was clear that if no money no multi-entry. There were a few guys there that appeared to have come without, and atleast one I saw who had all the relevant documents and got his no probs.

When you apply if you don't have the bank statements they allow you to have then faxed over to the consulate. Once confirmed they will process the visa. It appears that it does not necessarily need to be money on deposit in a Thai bank, but simply available funds. They are certainly accepting this at the moment, but TIT.

It seems from talking to the staff there that it is a new policy for all consulates, but it takes time to filter through to them all. Therefore you can probably expect the same in KL soon. Going back to your home country still seems OK though and noone indicated to me that this would change any time soon.

So there it is! Feel free to contact them directly to find out more: shima han <[email protected]>

Hope this helps. If I can answer any other questions not covered here I'll do my best.

Wazza

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other side to such good-natured postings is the unknown factor of what may happen when the xenophobes in gov't get wind of it. Given that they've often shown their propensity to make things difficult for farang. If they see a breach in the levee, they may make some phone calls to tell undelings to not 'go easy of farang.'

Just got back from KL, chose this route as all the threads and advice suggested stay away from Penang for multi entri visas.

Asked for the NON O and next day I picked up my visa with a single entry NON B !! I Wrote on the application "Non O for marriage visa".

Had all the required papers and more showed legal marriage and house papers etc. OK I am confused, they said I just need to go to the immigration office in the kingdom to get it changed to one year status.

Please advise

In Brisbane almost two years ago we just paid a fee and had the right documents and got Non Immigrant Multiples in 20 minutes without having to show anything in a bank account, Thai or otherwise. Not sure if that has since changed as zenophobia sets in here.

NON IMMA VISA O .. I was from sydney.the consulate there is too strick and scared to make mistakes.and everthing has to be perfect...i send mine to brisbane never a prob.i still send a THAI family photo or 2 and a bank statement [oz]and a letter for reason going .

i have talked to him ,consul generel [aussie] he said they dont knock many back, but its still nice to have a bit of paper work.he also said sydney send him applicants to process as they are scared...mainly groups...

and you can go there and do it while waiting,but still take some paper work exspecially a 1st timer.

CAT

Nice one Wazza , do you know if that 400 K or equivalent can be shown in a UK bank for example or must it be in a Thai bank ?

When I was in Singapore they told me that it was OK to show money in any account, Thai or foreign. It seemed they were just concerned whether or not you had adequate funds to pay for your stay in Thailand. However, the rule is very new and this may change in the future.

I am sure that it would be preferable to show the money in a Thai bank, but for those people who don't have an account in Thailand logically an overseas account should suffice.

Just to be sure I would contact the Consulate a week or so before you go. The email address link is in my first post.

Hope this helps.

Just got back from KL, chose this route as all the threads and advice suggested stay away from Penang for multi entri visas.

Asked for the NON O and next day I picked up my visa with a single entry NON B !! I Wrote on the application "Non O for marriage visa".

Had all the required papers and more showed legal marriage and house papers etc. OK I am confused, they said I just need to go to the immigration office in the kingdom to get it changed to one year status.

Please advise

You are not working in Thailand? Did you have a previous B visa? Without a work permit or such evidence they should not have provided you a non immigrant B visa but if you are planning to extend your stay with Immigration on the basis of 40k family income I expect immigration will be able to do that OK as the important item is a non immigrant visa of some type.

If you do not plan to extend your stay and are not working I would just make sure to use a different Consulate next time and put family visit as reason for visa.

I have been in Thailand for a few years now, and we have always used Brisbane for our visa's, there is an Australian guy there who is the Honary Consul General his name is William Dunn and he and his Thai staff are exceptionally helpful, both my non-B (a few years ago) and more recently for my baby (born in Thailand - both parents are Australian) we went back and got her a non-O everytime in and out in less than 20 minutes, no questions, very polite, much make sure you have your paperwork done.

For anyone who has not been to the Brisbane Thai Consultate, it is basically operating out of an old Queensland style house, and does not feel like your normal cold Government institution.

On another note, I have rang the Brisbane Consulate a few times, and the Consul General, Will Dunn often answers the telephone himself, and is always up for a chat to help you out.

Just to clarify for those who may not realise, an "old Queenslander" style house just means it is of that style from the late 1800's to early 1900's (I think thats the period). The Royal Thai Consulate is in a very nicely refurbished Queenslander style place in South Brisbane, near the Mater Hospital.

Yes agreed the Brisbane consulate has a really pleasant feel to it, and Bill is a great guy. I am sure the service will be poorer for it when he retires.

Regarding Lopburi's much earlier comment that without a work permit one should not be able to get a non-Immigrant B visa...sorry, but that's wrong. It's the other way around...you MUST have a non-Immigrant B visa BEFORE you can be granted a work permit. You can only get a work permit once the company sponsors you and then you have to go through all the business here in Bangkok after you arrive. I am not sure, but I guess it may be possible to get a work permit while still overseas, but most I have heard of get them processed once they arrive in the Kingdom.

:o

Edited by Greer

:o Absolutely correct seadoo,the legendary Thun William Dunn, who, I'm extremely privileged to have as a personal friend will be always at your service with any info regarding anything to do with his adopted Thailand,any Aussie on the East Coast of OZ. would be well advised to get in touch with any Visa Query,infact any Query about the L. O. S . Tip--( Have a couple of jokes to tell, That's usually worth a little more info.) His email is, Edited by endure
Email address removed as per forum rules

My quote was not intended to say that you required a work permit to obtain a non immigrant B visa. My quote was

Without a work permit or such evidence they should not have provided you a non immigrant B visa

The person was issued a non immigrant B visa and he said the items provided were marriage type. My comment was directed at that. He did not say what visa he had. So if he had a non immigrant visa and did present a work permit (even in passing) it may have been issued on that basis. Otherwise it would have taken a folder full of paperwork to qualify for a B visa and I expect he would have been aware of that.

Great.. I am planning to get married to my thai gf. It should be a breeze.

I agree LoveThai, I am planning to marry my Thai gf too. It will be the second time around, the first with a beetch farang. I am a tad nervous, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I have been so lucky though. I have read and heard of some disasterous encounters, whereas my gf, is the BOSS at home and I simply cannot life a finger. I am 1.75cm and she is 1.4, but I won't be crossing her path, if you know what I mean?

She accounts for every baht and works two jobs, added to which she/we take care of her/our two daughters and she helps me teach English on weekends and after school.

It's a bloody relief to think that once 'legally' married and not fictitiously via a 'ceremony', that I will/may be able to wipe the sweat off my brow with the knowledge of not having to get my butt out of the country, at a moments notice.

We are planning to head home to Oz in October for the school hols, thus I am also hoping that our marital status and the fact that the gf has a secure job and two girls to look after will be sufficient to secure a short term tourist visa.

Any info in this regard would be HUGELY appreciated, as I would like to start preparing a 'submission' with attachments and referencing material, such that our trip down to BKK for the Visa does not have to be repeated.

Cheers to all.

Big Paulee.

Please advise

Could be that the embassies are pissed off with all the extra paperwork and applications this is bringing their way.

Perhaps they are passing as much work as they can back to where it belongs... In Thailand. 2 months from now, Thai Immigration are going to be experiencing a mad rush of people changing 30 day visas to year extensions.

I hope this is appropriate in this thread.

I have worked in Thailand on Samui for over ten years.

I use a non-immigrant B visa - usually multiple entry one year job.

Now I know I cannot get this in Penang, no way known (I went there and got 3 month visa)

I don't want to know about "going home" to Aussie or any other western country, no time, no money.

So, I want to know if, for sure, Kuala Lumpur is issuing Non-Immigrant B Multiple Entry visas to current work permit holders with tax records, closing books, company papers, company certificate, etc, etc, etc.

Can I still get the multiple entry B at Kuala Lumpur?

If not is there anywhere else close by where I can get the multiple entry visa?

Any clear answers would be well appreciated.

Thanks.

Can anybody confirm: will Singapore issue NON-O MULTIPLE entry to umarried parents of Thai children?

What are the documents required?

I read:

-Birth Certificate

-Bank passbook (400,000 OK?) (Someone said 800,000?)

What about:

-Letter from Amphur certifying that "father is father" (some sort of certification of Birth Certificate. Anyone knows the name? Interview of child needed?)

-Letter from bank?

Thanks for any information!

For any unmarried parent BELOW 50 interested:

Besides the multiple entry route: there is a 7.23 PROVISION in the Police Order 6006/2006 for a 60 DAY EXTENSION.

From my recent visit at an Immigration office, it seems that it will be OK to renew this extension for EVERY entry stamp.

(So the "only one time" in the Police Order 606/2006 means: for EVERY ENTRY).

Not sure for 30 day visa-free stamps (aka VOA)

Almost for sure OK for SINGLE entry NON-O every 5 months (every 90 days + 60 day extensions)

But for this mere 60 day extension, they require "paperwork" not listed in 606/2006 (like bank passbook and this certifying letter from Amphur).

Why I ask the above questions.

Can anybody confirm: will Singapore issue NON-O MULTIPLE entry to umarried parents of Thai children?

What are the documents required?

I read:

-Birth Certificate

-Bank passbook (400,000 OK?) (Someone said 800,000?)

What about:

-Letter from Amphur certifying that "father is father" (some sort of certification of Birth Certificate. Anyone knows the name? Interview of child needed?)

-Letter from bank?

Thanks for any information!

For any unmarried parent BELOW 50 interested:

Besides the multiple entry route: there is a 7.23 PROVISION in the Police Order 6006/2006 for a 60 DAY EXTENSION.

From my recent visit at an Immigration office, it seems that it will be OK to renew this extension for EVERY entry stamp.

(So the "only one time" in the Police Order 606/2006 means: for EVERY ENTRY).

Not sure for 30 day visa-free stamps (aka VOA)

Almost for sure OK for SINGLE entry NON-O every 5 months (every 90 days + 60 day extensions)

But for this mere 60 day extension, they require "paperwork" not listed in 606/2006 (like bank passbook and this certifying letter from Amphur).

Why I ask the above questions.

A Thaivisa poster reported being denied for a 90 day visa at first, even though he had a court order that he is the Father. He spoke to a higher up at the Embassy and then was able to get a non-O 90 day visa the next day.

So, I want to know if, for sure, Kuala Lumpur is issuing Non-Immigrant B Multiple Entry visas to current work permit holders with tax records, closing books, company papers, company certificate, etc, etc, etc.

Nothing is for sure even though several clients did get a one year multi entry" B" visa last week. . It is case by case, depending on many variables such as registered capital, your nationality, how long you have had a work permit, have you paid tax.

They stated a month ago they would be very selective in issuing one year multi entry visas.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Oh wow,so now it really happened......they ask for the multi-nonO the same like they asked for a single a while ago,now truly more and more of us get affected.But I am wondering if it has something to do with the problems

Thailand has at the moment with Singapore or they just check it out in Sing first.Or is it a embassy ownthinking policy??????

Cause I think a lot of us would like too know....,anyway making me think too take my knew multi back in my homecountry to be sure this time around,or will that also change??Sunbelt did you receive any information on this,and how it seems to go now,how do you think it could develop,you've got so many experience,I would like to know your thoughts on this...thanks

Please advise

Sorry to hear this...

Last year I had the same problem (in KL) where I applied for a multi non-o visa and got a multi non-b visa the next day! I called them up and informed them that they had issued the wrong visa type so they've asked me to come the next day so they can change it. It took just less than 30 minutes for the consul to crossed out the visa type from non-b to non-o and stamped it with the embassy's seal plus the consul's signature.

A Thaivisa poster reported being denied for a 90 day visa at first, even though he had a court order that he is the Father. He spoke to a higher up at the Embassy and then was able to get a non-O 90 day visa the next day.

"a court order that he is the Father": sorry, I guess you mean the same as "child custody"?

There seems to be many documents...

Is the CHILD CUSTODY procedure possible in the case of parents living together?

(Unmarried and unable/unwilling to marry)

Can SUNBELT help with this procedure? (Court judgement)

If so, what are the requirements and fees? Thanks.

If not possible, what would you suggest all of us below 50 unmarried parents of Thai children do (besides marriage...)??

(I mean: annual extensions of stay)

Or are we really forced to indefinitely gravitate to Thai embassies on unsecured back to back Non-Immigrant visas??...

Any chance "they" revise 7.17 of 606/2006 and this completely senseless 50 years old requirement soon???

They should do their mind. It's natural for a PARENT to SUPPORT a CHILD. It does not matter if the parent is FARANG and the child is THAI!

My understanding of this whole thing (7.17 of 606/2006) is that they were so EAGER TO GET RID OF THE NOTION OF A FARANG SUPPORTING A THAI (get rid of the notion EVERYWHERE in 606/2006) that they wrote a completely TING TONG CLAUSE. TING TONG by any standard!

Any chance they come up with reasonable requirements like financial means instead??

Edited by papakapbaan

This is my experience with the embassy in Singapore, were I got my mutiple entry Non-im "O" Jan. 11th.

I showed up outside the Thai embassy 30 min. before opening time and was #5 in line. Got the application form from the security guy while i was waiting.

Inside the embassy I was waiting for about 5 min. I gave them these copies: copy of my passport, copy of my wife's passport, copy of birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate and 1 pass photo along with the application form. That was all they needed. (I'm younger than 50).

Went back to the embassy the day after at 2 o'clock. Waited 5-10 min in line to collect my passport. No fee for the visa. So everything went very smooth and quick.

Not a too expensive trip eather. Roundtrip BKK - Singapore with Airasia cost me 4450 bath.

Have a nice trip to Singapore! :o

Edited by sh-dyrne

They should do their mind. It's natural for a PARENT to SUPPORT a CHILD. It does not matter if the parent is FARANG and the child is THAI!

My understanding of this whole thing (7.17 of 606/2006) is that they were so EAGER TO GET RID OF THE NOTION OF A FARANG SUPPORTING A THAI (get rid of the notion EVERYWHERE in 606/2006) that they wrote a completely TING TONG CLAUSE. TING TONG by any standard!

I wouldn’t be so sure about the ting tong. They may actually have put some thought into it and made up their minds that

1. in Thailand it is natural for the parents of a child to be married

2. an unmarried father younger than 50 living continuously in Thailand may be working in Thailand without work permit and without paying taxes

The resulting clause 7.17(5) is now making life difficult for young, unmarried fathers who have sufficient financial means to live in Thailand without having to work.

Just the same, you have a good point and are not alone with it. I remember Sunbelt writing, soon after October 1, that the way 7.17(5) is written is “nuts”.

--

Maestro