Britain to expel 23 Russian diplomats, freeze Russian state assets

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ballpoint said:

It's almost as if a very timely public and brutal warning was being sent out to any other Russian agents currently under investigation in the West.  Don't squeal guys, no matter how much pressure the special counsel interrogator puts you under.

I thought I just said that

May can't do too much.  Russian money is extremely lucrative for the City and therefore the British economy. It has been since the old days of the Soviet Union. To kick out the rich Russians would have a real effect on the City and with the UK in it's weakened state over Brexit she cannot afford the fallout.

As predicted she has gone down the usual route of expelling Russian "diplomats" and we can expect the Russians to do the same.  These things are never black or white.

Brilliant argument except for the awkward fact that the vast majority of the Russian oligarchs in London are strongly anti Putin.To kick them out would please Putin enormously.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Sorry, I didn't see it.  It wasn't my intention to plagirise someone else's posts.

I thought I said it, but apparently I did not, so thank you for your post, saying what I tried to say, but could not.

• Like 1

Russia to retaliate, very predictable...

We should pull all our diplomats out of Russia and boot all the Russian diplomats out the UK, ask another country to look after our interests in Russia.

Tougher visa restrictions for any person holding a Russian passport, any person applying for a visa who holds dual nationality who fails to declare their Russian nationality should be treated as a spy.

My advise to anyone thinking of going to the world cup is not to, there will be a lot of anti British sentiment, and England fans are likely to be set upon and then accused of starting it and there will be no consular assistance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Russia to retaliate, very predictable...

We should pull all our diplomats out of Russia and boot all the Russian diplomats out the UK, ask another country to look after our interests in Russia.

Tougher visa restrictions for any person holding a Russian passport, any person applying for a visa who holds dual nationality who fails to declare their Russian nationality should be treated as a spy.

My advise to anyone thinking of going to the world cup is not to, there will be a lot of anti British sentiment, and England fans are likely to be set upon and then accused of starting it and there will be no consular assistance.

We rely on Russia for our gas for one thing and their investments are essential to our economy.  Knee jerk reactions about pulling our diplomats won't happen and can't happen.  This is a spat and nothing more.  As for going to the world cup... I agree with that sentiment.  Spat or not it, there will be a lot of macho sh*t going on which will result of much blood being spilt.