Non B Extension 1 Year Issu

I currently have a 3 month Non B visa issued in Penang in January. I changed from Non O to Non B at that time as divorced recently.

Now I want to get 1 year extension again in Penang but accountants are saying its not possible without work permit valid for at least 8 months. My work permit expires in July and my 3 months expires in April. 

Is this correct?

Any ways around this?

You can only get a non-B visa 1 year extension if you are a shareholder. If not, you'll only get three months single entry visa. I've just been there last week.

Additional info, they only accept 200 applicants per day. Visa applications should be submitted in the morning between 9:00 to 11:00 and collection is between 2:00-4:00. 

These are their requirements for a 3-month non-B visa:
-passport

-work permit

-2 recent ID photos (colored)

-photocopies of passport photo page, last visa stamp, work permit

-invitation letter from the company

-copy of company registration

-300 MYR (about 2400 THB)

Edited by frodobaggins

On 3/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, smily said:

Now I want to get 1 year extension again in Penang

Extensions of stay can only be obtained from a Thai Immigration office in Thailand. Are you asking about obtaining a new visa? 

Yes i think what i was wanting to get was a new 1 year multi entry visa.

This can only be obtained as far as I am aware after you have a single entry 3 month visa. 

I am the shareholder in the company but work permit expiring in Juluy seems to be an issue. Maybe just have to get another 3 months then get new work permit and then back again in July for 1 year. 

• 6 months later...

sorry to hijack thread..... we have a situation here that some teachers' WPs and Non-B extensions are about to expire but the documents for new WP and Non-B Visa extension might not be ready in time. Is it possible for them to go to immi and get a short extension on their current Non-B extension of stay to give the school time enough to sort docs out?

5 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

sorry to hijack thread..... we have a situation here that some teachers' WPs and Non-B extensions are about to expire but the documents for new WP and Non-B Visa extension might not be ready in time. Is it possible for them to go to immi and get a short extension on their current Non-B extension of stay to give the school time enough to sort docs out?

There is no short extension that can be applied for.

If only a few days an option might be for them to overstay, pay the fine and then apply for the extension. Some immigration offices even suggest that as an option since no short extension can be applied for.

• Thanks 1