Tapper Beer at 7 11

ricklev

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes ricklev , a quiet town between C/Rai and the border at Maesai yet they have an amazing off licence , fridge is full of foreign beers and a couple of racks of expensive imported wines. I asked at Xmas if they had Port , she looked on her computer and said ' Can't get '  . Oh yesterday when buying the wheat beer there was a box on the shelf of  Indian Goosberry , I asked what it was and hubby said ' Indian laokao  maybe.'

Oh a bottle of Fullers London Pride is about 90B.

Could you show the location on google maps, or pm me if you want to keep the location a secret.  Need to call in there on my next border run :)

3 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Could you show the location on google maps, or pm me if you want to keep the location a secret.  Need to call in there on my next border run :)

Great avatar, are you from Taddy?

On 3/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, vogie said:

Just tried my first can of Tapper, as a previous stated the head didappears in 2 seconds. Anything is better than the top three, but I think I'll stick with Cheers +

My local Family Mart replaced the red Cheers Xtra with a slightly duller red can of Cheers Strawberry Testes or some such <deleted> and I haven't been inside since. This morning I was delighted to see Tapper available in the 7/11 next door.

I agree with all other posters that say it is a fresh lighter taste and lubbly bubbly on the tongue. I am unsure about somebody saying the head disappears after 2 seconds ... Surely as an extra strong lager it is drank very fast and very cold ... or is that just me..??

Snowy Wiesen is the way forward. 
Excellent Wheat beer. The best beer made in Thailand by a country mile. Bought 12x490cl cans in a pack. Cost 47 baht a can.. 

I found some at 7/11 yesterday
53 baht per can,seemed to me to have a slightly chemical taste first mouthful
but was ok towards the end....strangely the Cheers tasted "different" after the Snowy Wiesen beer.
P_20180329_162236.jpgP_20180329_162254.jpgP_20180329_164203.jpg

Est. 33 is the name of one or more beer brew pubs around town in BKK that serve "craft" beers and are owned by Singha / Boonrawd. It now is also apparently the name they're selling some of their beers under at retail.

5abfacf31df9f_2018-03-3122_27_59.jpg.13259c7dcd7fa7d656326285f779958d.jpg

5abfacf65f1e3_2018-03-3122_37_17.jpg.58534cf88ebca423caa512cd3feee2ff.jpg

http://www.singha.com/snowyweizen/index.php/th/home

5abfadd0bd898_2018-03-3122_48_08.jpg.98c8b5f45b1c1253710324a2e1518cc4.jpg

So is Snowy Weasel only available at 7's???

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 10:45 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Est. 33 is the name of one or more beer brew pubs around town in BKK that serve "craft" beers and are owned by Singha / Boonrawd. It now is also apparently the name they're selling some of their beers under at retail.

5abfacf31df9f_2018-03-3122_27_59.jpg.13259c7dcd7fa7d656326285f779958d.jpg

5abfacf65f1e3_2018-03-3122_37_17.jpg.58534cf88ebca423caa512cd3feee2ff.jpg

http://www.singha.com/snowyweizen/index.php/th/home

5abfadd0bd898_2018-03-3122_48_08.jpg.98c8b5f45b1c1253710324a2e1518cc4.jpg

So is Snowy Weasel only available at 7's???

Singha seem to be confused, there’s no such thing as “Belgian Weissbier”, the Belgians make Witbier while the Germans make Weissbier both of which mean “white beer”. Weizen beer means “wheat beer”.

Just tried both Snowy Weizen & Tapper. I’ve always liked wheat beers but wasn’t prepared to pay for the expensive imports like Erdinger, so Snowy is good value & pretty tasty. I’m surprised that Singha are producing it as it’s unlikely to have mass market appeal, Thais have a sweet tooth & this will be too sour for most. 

Tapper reminds me of Chang before they diluted it & it’s brewed by the same company so maybe it’s a similar recipe? When Chang was 6.4%(?) I used to get smashed on about 8 bottles & then a friend suggested adding ice which seemed like heresy but was surprisingly pleasant. I still drink Chang with ice today out of habit but you have to drink it quickly before the ice melts & I don’t get smashed which is probably for the best.

I would drink both of these again but I prefer the Snowy due to it’s difference from the standard lagers.

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:24 PM, happydays said:

Singha seem to be confused, there’s no such thing as “Belgian Weissbier”, the Belgians make Witbier while the Germans make Weissbier both of which mean “white beer”. Weizen beer means “wheat beer”.

Just tried both Snowy Weizen & Tapper. I’ve always liked wheat beers but wasn’t prepared to pay for the expensive imports like Erdinger, so Snowy is good value & pretty tasty. I’m surprised that Singha are producing it as it’s unlikely to have mass market appeal, Thais have a sweet tooth & this will be too sour for most. 

Tapper reminds me of Chang before they diluted it & it’s brewed by the same company so maybe it’s a similar recipe? When Chang was 6.4%(?) I used to get smashed on about 8 bottles & then a friend suggested adding ice which seemed like heresy but was surprisingly pleasant. I still drink Chang with ice today out of habit but you have to drink it quickly before the ice melts & I don’t get smashed which is probably for the best.

I would drink both of these again but I prefer the Snowy due to it’s difference from the standard lagers.

No surpries Tapper come from Comos Brewery, Ayutthaya same brewery make Federbraeu and belongs to Thaibev ( Chang,Archa )

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 8:11 AM, tingtongtourist said:

worth a try, as it gotta be better than LEO.

dont know what they did but it aint the LEO of 2 years ago. 

Leo tastes different depending on the brewery. Chiang mai used to get the good ones from khon kaen brewery but since a few years it's nakhon pathom ..  only drink Leo again when passing through north east Thailand ?  

On 4/11/2018 at 10:24 PM, happydays said:

Starting to enjoy the Tapper and agree, definitely inspired by the long gone original Chang. Must by a case and see if it delivers the traditional Changover which the green bottled stuff is simply incapable of.

2 minutes ago, naboo said:

Starting to enjoy the Tapper and agree, definitely inspired by the long gone original Chang. Must by a case and see if it delivers the traditional Changover which the green bottled stuff is simply incapable of.

Have you ever tried Colt 45? 

11 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

That's the point. That would be a charitable grade for Tapper.  Both are low quality high alcohol brews, stuff that bums drink out of a brown paper bag. .

Beats the alternative - low quality, medium alcohol brews - on offer in the country!

• 10 months later...
On 3/15/2018 at 10:18 PM, elgenon said:

I recently tried a Heineken and didn't like it. Is it the same as in its home country. I tried it years ago at a brewery (home country) and liked it. Guess my tastes have changed. I like Beer Lao. Relevant to post because Heineken made by same brewer?

Lao light or dark?

Archived