Rawai Mayor promises action against untreated wastewater releasers

webfact

Rawai Mayor promises action against untreated wastewater releasers

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1521173399_1-org.jpg

The putrid black water is finally released into the sea at Chalong Bay. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: The Mayor of Rawai has stated that he is ready to take action against those who are responsible for releasing untreated wastewater into a canal in Rawai resulting in putrid black water being released into Chalong Bay.

However, two weeks after being notified of the situation, and after carrying out several inspections of the area, the most recent being yesterday (Mar 15), officials are still none the wiser as to who is actually responsible for releasing the wastewater into the canal.

Speaking to The Phuket News yesterday, Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos said, “We must find out who is responsible for releasing this water into the canal. Once we have found out who is responsible they will have seven days to rectify the problem.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-mayor-promises-action-against-untreated-wastewater-releasers-66368.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-16
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I used to feel the tide would take the waste water away. Until I lived in on an Island that people  ran their waste water into the rain drainage that ran out to the ocean. This was illegal now but was done long before the law came in that they could not do it.

I am now of the mind that the waste water just flows back and forth with the tides and toxins just multiply in the water. The water does not get cleaned.

I used to catch crab near the outlet for this waste in the ocean.Did not eat them just checked them. Many had burn holes in their shells.The toxin had burnt right through their shell. The fish that were local  like cod had open sores on their bodies.like an open blister.This was from decades of solvents and detergents and cleaner coming into the water. Thailand has only only been used all these chemical home products for a short time so cannot see the effect quite yet. But the way they treat the problem give it 10 or 20 years and it will show drastically.

From what I have seen in the past by community leaders nothing will get done and things will just get worse. The world is turning into one big sewer and garbage dump.

• Sad 1

Yeah, yeah, yeah...we know all about this stand up guy...allowed building right up to the beach, approved a museum of sorts at the scenic beach front in Nai Harn. At Rawai beach, after all the trouble and strife years ago to remove all the tables and chairs from the sidewalk, well.....they're all back....Now polluted water into the bay....why not ? Big deal, Kata, Karon, Patong,mBang Tao all do it too....

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, two weeks after being notified of the situation, and after carrying out several inspections of the area, the most recent being yesterday (Mar 15), officials are still none the wiser as to who is actually responsible for releasing the wastewater into the canal.

Translation : we are trying to apportion the blame on someone who does not pay a fee, but currently all donations are up to date  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I used to feel the tide would take the waste water away. Until I lived in on an Island that people  ran their waste water into the rain drainage that ran out to the ocean. This was illegal now but was done long before the law came in that they could not do it.

I am now of the mind that the waste water just flows back and forth with the tides and toxins just multiply in the water. The water does not get cleaned.

I used to catch crab near the outlet for this waste in the ocean.Did not eat them just checked them. Many had burn holes in their shells.The toxin had burnt right through their shell. The fish that were local  like cod had open sores on their bodies.like an open blister.This was from decades of solvents and detergents and cleaner coming into the water. Thailand has only only been used all these chemical home products for a short time so cannot see the effect quite yet. But the way they treat the problem give it 10 or 20 years and it will show drastically.

From what I have seen in the past by community leaders nothing will get done and things will just get worse. The world is turning into one big sewer and garbage dump.

10 to 20 years I think unlikely to find a fish in Thai waters and probably not because of pollution but it certainly dosen't help.