Privacy warning as 7-Eleven in Thailand to start scanning customer’s faces

webfact

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I dont get all the outrage, "never shopping there again" etc. Stores and businesses have been doing this for years, and you usually hand over the information of your own free will.

"...you usually hand over the information of your own free will."

But this is without our own free will.

I never enter store contests/drawings etc. as this definitely puts one on mailing lists - which are often sold to 3rd parties as well and can flood one with junk mail/email.

There's a big difference between letting a store know my name and what brand of bread I like via my cc, and letting the government identify me walking down the street anywhere in the country - and the world.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/03/2018 at 2:18 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I shall be purchasing some of those face masks that Thais wear and using them in 7 11.

It's not as though they'll be forcing people to submit to be scanned. Tell me if I'm wrong.

So it won't work with most policemen presumably?

How timely -

Today's Twitter:

66_cUYfj_bigger.jpg

Edward Snowden  Verified account @Snowden 4h4 hours ago

Businesses that make money by collecting and selling detailed records of private lives were once plainly described as "surveillance companies." Their rebranding as "social media" is the most successful deception since the Department of War became the Department of Defense.

31 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I'll bet not one person who currently goes to 7-11 will stop going because of this.

I'll definitely go less often because if this... 

Archived