Bangkok to Pattaya tourist promotion train hailed as success - but where are the foreign tourists?

webfact

First saw this mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  Hadn't got much time but when I checked the news item it looked like the travel time with all the stops would the 3+ hours.  Couldn't figure a good reason to use this over air-con coaches that run every 15-30 minutes, with a journey time of 2 hours for 108 baht and that drop you off in Pattaya North bus station (with a 50 baht to the door songtaew service) vs the cost of this and the need to get to your hotel from the train station?  Oh yah, and the 6:45 start!  Guess it'll suit some folks though, not too many tourists I'd have thought.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

I think if they offered a free shuttle bus service from the train station to Central Pattaya it would be a success. Or else you gonna end up losing a lot of money and might as well take a VIP bus from Bangkok.

Just now, balo said:

I think if they offered a free shuttle bus service from the train station to Central Pattaya it would be a success. Or else you gonna end up losing a lot of money and might as well take a VIP bus from Bangkok.

Good idea or maybe a small fare bus.

I do not use Uber, but has anyone checked the price to Central?

Just wondering.

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

There's been plans for a new sewage treatment plant for years; plans to curb police corruption; plans for elections; plans to make Pattaya a world-class family resort; and so on .....

And they planned for the trial of a new train service and now there is one, doh. But the shuttle service was considered an important part of this project to take tourists to various spots, so it's probably in operation already.

You don't really know, you see, just blowing. 

3 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I agree. Good luck getting to Pattaya from the train station for 170 bht. That is about a 300 bht ride...

Why don't you drop by the station at 9:13 AM on the weekends and find out?

Edited by JSixpack