Honda Forza 300

Badrabbit

On 4/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, uwe_rayong said:

move forward to minute 46, takes 30 seconds to change from 9k to 11k rpm.

Thanks Uwe-Rayon for the nice Honda Thai Mechanics shop video - especially the length comparisons between the 1st generation and the 2018 updated Forza 300 version - and thanks for the Pro Kevin review and for those BKK debut photos.

Honda looks to be solidly back in the competitive winner's circle with its new 'updated' 2018 Forza 300 model (more so than with their latest PCX model[?])

I also think the OEM tires on the 2018 Forza 300 model are 'Pirelli Diablo Scooter'. (Not the same as 'Pirelli Diablo Rosso II')

Regardless of which Pirelli model, designating the Pirelli Diablo as its OEM tire only adds an exclamation mark to the class features of the already nicely updated luxury-sport Forza 300 model!

It's a 2-in-1 scooter: Beautifully blending the capability of riding in two worlds: the world of urban commuting and in the world of highway traveling. A sweet spot indeed!

The Forza 300 has loads of modification tips and a huge after market support network.
Its mirrors are foldable - ideal for crowded parking areas.

The electronically adjustable windscreen - perfect for immediately adapting from urban to open road scenarios ... and vice versa.

Traction Control - an added potentially life saving feature.

All that is left is to read the impressions of the road test reviewers - especially those XMax performance / ride-quality comparisons!

5aca49108047a_Forza2018atBKKAutoshow-Greywwhite.jpg.a4272cfc7d565b0c54f9d665ae7f3be2.jpg

5aca49519a7c4_Forza2018atBKKAutoshow-whitewBlue.jpg.714f88ad519e7687fcd4bcad3533d63a.jpg

On 4/7/2018 at 6:30 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Just my opinion but that new dash is too cluttered...

No real need for RPM on an auto scooter !! Nice big analogue speedo is cool, with a digital read out next to it. But just one thing on the digi display at a time, with an easy to use scroll function.

Maybe the fuel level available constantly ?? 

Keep it simple.....

papa never looks at the speedo on scooter.

What's the point?

Simple.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw someone riding a new blue/white forza near terminal 21. I don’t know if that’s mans they started delivering them or it was a 1 off deal. Adding to the unusualness was the fact the rider had on what looked like a club leather jacket (like Thai version of hells angels or something).

Just saw someone riding a new blue/white forza near terminal 21. I don’t know if that’s mans they started delivering them or it was a 1 off deal. Adding to the unusualness was the fact the rider had on what looked like a club leather jacket (like Thai version of hells angels or something).

Are you sure it wasn’t a new PCX as they are very similar to the awaited Forza update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Are you sure it wasn’t a new PCX as they are very similar to the awaited Forza update.

I just called Asia City Motors in Bowin; they say that they have 1 new Forza in stock (grey) and can get the color of choice in about 2 weeks from the order date. B160,000 delivered. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

HiI have owned a PCx for 18 months which I bought from new and am looking to upgrade to something bigger and more comfortable on longer rides. At the moment, after 30 minutes I get a numb bum and feel the seat on the PCx is crap. I upgraded the suspension to yss g euro's which helped smooth out the terrible road surfaces and even changed the seat. When I drive down Sukhumvit road flat out at 95 kph, cars, trucks and other vehicles fly past dangerously close. I went down to Mityon in Pattaya and saw the new Forza 2018 alongside the Xmax. Sat on both for 5 minutes each. Have to say almost identical looking bikes, Xmax seat was miles more comfortable and definitely learning more towards the Xmax than the new Forza. Yes, Forza looks mikes better than old model but still same old engine, slower acceleration and top speed than Xmax. Didn't decide yet....

11 minutes ago, Beastmasteruk said:

Sat on both for 5 minutes each. Have to say almost identical looking bikes, Xmax seat was miles more comfortable

5 minutes wont be enough to tell you how a seat will fair over a several hour ride. Sometimes a harder seat can be more comfitable in the long run. It's more about the shape. Some soft seats feel comfy first but over time your bones might sink through and hit the hard plastic which definitely isn't comfy. Seats are a bit of a science themselves. You will get the best results with a custom aftermarket seat in most cases and in Thailand those aren't even expensive or hard to come by. Worth considering.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 9:24 AM, sebastion said:

I like how they have 11k rpm on it.
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but in reality and won't even touch 9k.

Even an analogue clock is more useful.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Out of the factory it will top out at around 9k rpm but with remapping it will easily get to 11k rpm. 

With the previous Forza you can swap out the ECU and plug one from a CBR straight in, and you're immediately in business for 10-11k rpm. 

Anyone know where to get the original Honda accessories 45l top box with smart key control? 

I tried searching on the internet and worryingly only found them advertised in European model colours. 

Anyone know where to get the original Honda accessories 45l top box with smart key control? 

I tried searching on the internet and worryingly only found them advertised in European model colours. 

I was told the smart top case was not an option in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

I was told the smart top case was not an option in Thailand.

That's a pity. 

I wonder who makes these weird decisions about what the Thai market is / isn't ready for . . . ?

They do the same with cars. Toyota for example, they throttle the spec levels available in Thailand and then get annoyed when the grey importers are doing a roaring trade with higher spec models (imported from Japan) than you can get in the showrooms. They tried squeeze the grey importers by making vehicles sold through them ineligible for dealership warranties, but the grey market just laughed them off because Toyota OEM parts and garages that know how to service Toyotas are common as dirt anyway. 

Sorry for rambling, just had to rant. 

Thank you for your reply. 

That's a pity. 

I wonder who makes these weird decisions about what the Thai market is / isn't ready for . . . ?

They do the same with cars. Toyota for example, they throttle the spec levels available in Thailand and then get annoyed when the grey importers are doing a roaring trade with higher spec models (imported from Japan) than you can get in the showrooms. They tried squeeze the grey importers by making vehicles sold through them ineligible for dealership warranties, but the grey market just laughed them off because Toyota OEM parts and garages that know how to service Toyotas are common as dirt anyway. 

Sorry for rambling, just had to rant. 

Thank you for your reply. 
Mind you that was just before they came on sale in Thailand, I asked the English speaking girl and she said "that wont be available in Thailand" in my mind it's just more to go wrong.

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Mind you that was just before they came on sale in Thailand, I asked the English speaking girl and she said "that wont be available in Thailand" in my mind it's just more to go wrong.

You are of course right, it is more to go wrong, then you have to use the keys as you would with any other aftermarket top box. 

I just think it's nice to have it in a colour scheme that matches the body of the bike. 

On 4/9/2018 at 3:45 AM, papa al said:

papa never looks at the speedo on scooter.

What's the point?

Simple.

I prefer analog gauges.  An additional digital readout is nice if you want to know precisely.  Like this.

image.png.e3869b7a60dce9e75da50f620ba3484b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trembly said:

Honda are the absolute masters at this. Ventilated seats for the new Accord that other countries get? Nah, why would anyone in Thailand need such a thing?

Or even better, they advertise some color scheme and then don't sell it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trembly said:

Out of the factory it will top out at around 9k rpm but with remapping it will easily get to 11k rpm. 

With the previous Forza you can swap out the ECU and plug one from a CBR straight in, and you're immediately in business for 10-11k rpm. 

My old Forza (2016) stops at about 8200rpm, from what I heard from Honda and others they only talk about variator changes to improve performance,  but this ECU change is very interesting,  so what CBR model and year can be used, will Honda do it on an old model out of warranty....!? Who has more info ...

I also found some aftermarket modules in Europe for Forza that says it changes and controls fuel entry and fuel injection operation:

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/honda/forza-300-efi#select-box-anchor

Not sure how good that is...!

23 minutes ago, Agusts said:

My old Forza (2016) stops at about 8200rpm, from what I heard from Honda and others they only talk about variator changes to improve performance,  but this ECU change is very interesting,  so what CBR model and year can be used, will Honda do it on an old model out of warranty....!? Who has more info ...

I also found some aftermarket modules in Europe for Forza that says it changes and controls fuel entry and fuel injection operation:

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/honda/forza-300-efi#select-box-anchor

Not sure how good that is...!

Here is a clip of a take-down / comparison between the latest Forza and the previous model. The workshop belongs to a particularly enthusiastic Honda dealership owner who still loves tinkering with bikes, making his own custom clutches and modded ECUs the even though he's over 70 years old.

At 44:30 of this clip he plugs in an ECU from a CBR300, which he says was ever so slightly adapted (something about there being one unused pin that had to be squared away or something like that) for the Forza. 

Namcharoen Honda Faceboook page

Edited by Trembly

Yes, I have seen that clip, but does Honda do that if asked,  maybe they could for an old bike, as has no warranty to break...!

This is useful with lower weight variators as that gives higher acceleration, but probably lowers top speed,  then this ECU compensate for that and you can get same top speed back... ☺

On 3/21/2018 at 6:30 PM, jackdd said:

Depends on what you are using it for, doesn't it?

Try to put your shopping bags in the Stallions 400... won't work.

If you want to have a relaxed ride and be able to carry loads of stuff then a scooter is the right choice.

Let's say you live 30km outside of some city in Isaan and sometimes go shopping in the City. Then a Forza or Xmax is a perfectly reasonable choice if you can afford it.

If you stay in the middle of Bangkok, have to squeeze through traffic all the time and your trips are usually just a few kms... well, then something smaller than a Forza is probably better, yes ;)

I have done a lot of lane splitting in my Forza in Bangkok even with saddlebags on it, I am not saying that I could ride through every gap as much as, say a Click or Wave, but I am able to ride and lane split in busy traffic without too big a problem, then again, I am never in a hurry.

In Honda Forza 300cc manual it says change oil at 1k, then 12k and 24k etc. km ...!!! Does that make sense... normally need to change scooter oil at a few thousands km...or 5k for fully synthetic oil.

I was thinking, is it because it has a large oil filter like cars , hence oil stay cleaner longer...!? For cars they change oil every 10k km, no...!

10 minutes ago, Agusts said:

In Honda Forza 300cc manual it says change oil at 1k, then 12k and 24k etc. km ...!!! Does that make sense... normally need to change scooter oil at a few thousands km...or 5k for fully synthetic oil. 

I was thinking, is it because it has a large oil filter like cars , hence oil stay cleaner longer...!? For cars they change oil every 10k km, no...!

12k is a normal interval for scooters

Most big bikes have a similar oil change interval (Triumph Tiger for example every 10k km with fully or semi synthetic oil)

Cars require an oil change every 20k or 30k kilometers or something like this.

23 hours ago, jackdd said:

12k is a normal interval for scooters

Most big bikes have a similar oil change interval (Triumph Tiger for example every 10k km with fully or semi synthetic oil)

Cars require an oil change every 20k or 30k kilometers or something like this.

I just checked a few manuals , it's to do with air cooled vs liquid cooled engines.

Most air cooled scooters require oil change at 1k,4k,8k,12k km or one year, example my old Suzuki Hayate 125cc Fi.

Liquid cooled scooters can go longer, 1k,8k,16k,24k km, example from Honda Click 125i manual.,

Bigger liquid cooled scooters and bikes with proper oil filter etc. can go even longer without oil change. Example my Forza 1k,12k,24k km.

Air cooled engines get hotter so oil last less km... also I guess fully synthetic oil last a bit longer than normal mineral oil.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 1:44 PM, Beastmasteruk said:

HiI have owned a PCx for 18 months which I bought from new and am looking to upgrade to something bigger and more comfortable on longer rides. At the moment, after 30 minutes I get a numb bum and feel the seat on the PCx is crap. I upgraded the suspension to yss g euro's which helped smooth out the terrible road surfaces and even changed the seat. When I drive down Sukhumvit road flat out at 95 kph, cars, trucks and other vehicles fly past dangerously close. I went down to Mityon in Pattaya and saw the new Forza 2018 alongside the Xmax. Sat on both for 5 minutes each. Have to say almost identical looking bikes, Xmax seat was miles more comfortable and definitely learning more towards the Xmax than the new Forza. Yes, Forza looks mikes better than old model but still same old engine, slower acceleration and top speed than Xmax. Didn't decide yet....

I ended up in this thread for the opposite reason... I had a PCX for 18 months, travelled very long journeys and found it very comfortable. I upgraded to Forza 300 a few months ago and I found the Forza sit harder and now I have pain at the bottom of my spine, as the little step in the seat is too far behind for me to provide support for my weight. In other words either I sit back and try to support my back, but the bike is too tall to do that or I sit closer to the front of the seat but it's quite painful. A new seat is expensive and is not a safe bet. I regret having upgraded, as I travelled long journeys all the time.

• Like 1

Heard good reviews about a farang owned company makes seat ‘pads’ called ‘Comfy Cheeks’. That might be worth investigation.
I am not related to the firm in any way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canerandagio said:

I ended up in this thread for the opposite reason... I had a PCX for 18 months, travelled very long journeys and found it very comfortable. I upgraded to Forza 300 a few months ago and I found the Forza sit harder and now I have pain at the bottom of my spine, as the little step in the seat is too far behind for me to provide support for my weight. In other words either I sit back and try to support my back, but the bike is too tall to do that or I sit closer to the front of the seat but it's quite painful. A new seat is expensive and is not a safe bet. I regret having upgraded, as I travelled long journeys all the time.

Seat rebuilds are cheap & often while-you-wait.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, Agusts said:

Yes, I have seen that clip, but does Honda do that if asked,  maybe they could for an old bike, as has no warranty to break...!

This is useful with lower weight variators as that gives higher acceleration, but probably lowers top speed,  then this ECU compensate for that and you can get same top speed back... ☺

If proper weight and not too light and not too great a difference will not affect top speed...