That's worth a hug - honest Pattaya cabby given US 300 for returning 200,000 baht

webfact

That's worth a hug - honest Pattaya cabby given US 300 for returning 200,000 baht

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Dubai tourist couldn't restrain himself when meeting the female Pattaya taxi driver who returned his valuables and passport.

Mohammed Sulaiman Al Saubi had to give Netnapha Bunmeema the biggest hug at the police station!

Mohammad and a friend had got into Netnapha's cab at the Holiday Inn in central Pattaya bound for Suvarnabhumi. But when she said she was unfamiliar with the route the tourists decided to change taxi.

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

She helped them offload the bags but one was left behind as it had fallen down in the back seat.

It contained US 3,100 dollars, Dinars, two iPhones and the men's passports and air tickets.

Calls were made and soon the tourists were at Pattaya police station to get their bag back and all its contents worth a total of 200,000 baht.

Mohammed was so happy he gave his savior in instant hug and told the press that such was the kindness of Thai people that he would be back for sure, reported Daily News.

The reward was US 300 dollars or around 9,500 baht.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-20
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Finally someone payed a descent reward for returned belongings... usually we see people paying less then 1%!!!

if the passport had belonged to a Chinese national, she would probably not have returned it due to the unavoidable

0% reward

A good deed like this should be applauded, and appreciated...all the whining and bitching by some Thai Visa members that inevitably follows a story like this is borderline neurotic...get some help!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Finally someone payed a descent reward for returned belongings... usually we see people paying less then 1%!!!

I've tipped that much just taking the family out to dinner.  Kee nieow comes to mind.

I learned a lesson many years ago after losing my wallet.  It only had about 20 dollars in it which in those days was half my meagre apprenticeship wage. Credit cards didn't exist.  It also had my drivers license in it which was very important to me. 

A lady and her young son came to our house with it to return it.  I took it and closed the door.  Dad made me take out every note, go outside and give it to the boy.

I'm glad he did.  That money was lost and I learned  a very valuable life lesson.  Kid was pretty happy too....more money than he'd ever had in his life. 

They guys in this story had lost everything including passports. What value do you put on that when you are on your way to catch a plane?   And they gave a very meagre reward for someones honesty. 

• Like 1