Not drinking

Justfine

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/04/2018 at 9:50 AM, cooked said:

I gave up completely for over a year and now drink two small Chang every two days, partly because my granddaughter loves skipping down to the shop.

My high blood pressure continued after giving up alcohol and I am now taking medicaments, which work very well, who knows what would have happened if I had still been drinking?

Anyway, I never got outrageously drunk, but I did develop acid reflux and started puking about three times a week. That's finished, and I feel I have it under control, never had more than four beers on a day for two years now. 

My wallet seems to have got a bit heavier though.

Carbs increase blood pressure. You dont need pills.

20 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Carbs increase blood pressure. You dont need pills.

BS sorry. My consumption of carbs is low and I am convinced that giving up alcohol has helped a lot. 

There are many factors that can lead to high blood pressure, you are cherry picking one of them.

1 minute ago, cooked said:

BS sorry. My consumption of carbs is low and I am convinced that giving up alcohol has helped a lot. 

There are many factors that can lead to high blood pressure, you are cherry picking one of them.

I'm always amused when laymen tell others they dont need their medications! lol

30 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

The fact is that you can spend a whole day going through Google results and not come to a convincing conclusion.

3 hours ago, cooked said:

Then you are sick.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

The fact is that you can spend a whole day going through Google results and not come to a convincing conclusion.

I'm speaking from experience and looking at society. Since 1970s obesity up, blood pressures up.

Carbs is a leading factor

Of course there are other factors

3 hours ago, cooked said:

Do you eat rice or bread?

3 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

Drug companies love sheep who take the pills without doing any research.

Billions in profits lol

Just now, Justfine said:

Drug companies love sheep who take the pills without doing any research.

Billions in profits lol

i know and thats just as hilarious as laypeople who pretend they understand modern medicine!! lol

1 minute ago, Justfine said:
1 minute ago, Justfine said:
6 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Do you eat bread or rice?

Oh dear you are determined to be proved right, aren't you. Yes I do.

Over to you now, ask me how much.

Don't count on getting an answer though.

Just now, AYJAYDEE said:

you may be able to reduce your blood pressure without resorting to drug treatment. which part of "MAY" confused you?

None. Diet worked for me just fine.

What's your blood pressure?

2 minutes ago, cooked said:

Oh dear you are determined to be proved right, aren't you. Yes I do.

Over to you now, ask me how much.

Don't count on getting an answer though.

As I said before there is more than 1 factor.

I eat a lot of himilayan salt. Most people eat the wrong salt.

"Many cardiac disorders can be inherited, including arrhythmias, congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and high blood cholesterol. Coronary arterydisease leading to heart attack, stroke, and heart failure can run in families, indicating inheritedgenetic risk factors."

https://www.ottawaheart.ca/heart-condition/inherited-cardiac-conditions-genetic-disorders

34 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

you may be able to reduce your blood pressure without resorting to drug treatment. which part of "MAY" confused you?

I take my BP with an electronic device every morning and evening, and record it in an app on my phone. So when I go to my check up at the hospital and they take it  as I arrive and it is WAY high because of the stress of driving or whatever, I show them my AVERAGE over the last three months.  NO GOOD. They take it again and it has dropped a little. After all the procedures I get a free coffee and cake, then they do BP again.....way high cos of the coffee. But can anyone explain why the first time in a morning I can get say 140/85, and 5 minutes later 130/78. Makes a mockery of the local doctor who come to take my wife's BP ONE A YEAR.

"Oh dear you are determined to be proved right, aren't you"

My blood pressure is near perfect. Yours is high.

My carb intake is around 8%.

Think the numbers speak for themselves.

If you are happy taking drugs and don't believe my comments fine. Some people don't want to listen and learn.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I take my BP with an electronic device every morning and evening, and record it in an app on my phone. So when I go to my check up at the hospital and they take it  as I arrive and it is WAY high because of the stress of driving or whatever, I show them my AVERAGE over the last three months.  NO GOOD. They take it again and it has dropped a little. After all the procedures I get a free coffee and cake, then they do BP again.....way high cos of the coffee. But can anyone explain why the first time in a morning I can get say 140/85, and 5 minutes later 130/78. Makes a mockery of the local doctor who come to take my wife's BP ONE A YEAR.

They give cake? They must want more sick patients.

I didnt go to a gp for 5 years and the last one joked I was doing them out of business.

That's why you should be careful with their advice.

More heathly people means less money for mercs/bmws and boats.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

About the same as mine. 

It was as high as 175 a months ago but I did the required lifestyle changes and now got it averaging 138 /80.

Since they are relatively cheap, a home monitor is a much better way of getting a true picture of your blood pressure. I take from 6-8 readings a day and then average it.

As you say , there can be big sways one way or the other throughout the day so it does indeed seem strange that people can take a once a year reading as an accurate picture  of Blood Pressure.

22 minutes ago, Denim said:

About the same as mine. 

It was as high as 175 a months ago but I did the required lifestyle changes and now got it averaging 138 /80.

Since they are relatively cheap, a home monitor is a much better way of getting a true picture of your blood pressure. I take from 6-8 readings a day and then average it.

As you say , there can be big sways one way or the other throughout the day so it does indeed seem strange that people can take a once a year reading as an accurate picture  of Blood Pressure.

Food/water/exercise would only shift the reading by 5 to 10 points though. Doctors look at the broad range.

Archived