Walking Street attackers tell their side of the story as Pattaya police dish out 2,500 baht fine

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Just ask yourself. What is most probable:

• He took his friend and said let´s bash up that foreigner.
  • The foreigner was drunk, started and agressive conversation, that led to him pooking his eye.

Please take your pick, but can you please try to think before you comment this time.

I believe a tourist that got attacked by 2 illegal workers pushing their illegal merchandise in public street without any permits.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

So we have:

A cheap charlie buying beer at the Family Mart for him and his bar fine.

Puts the beers down and asks a chap selling copy cd out side a ladyboy bar to take care of them.

Bar fine returns, collects beers.

Farang looks for beer (note not now looking for bar fine, sorry girlfriend).

Gets angry as ladyboy (sorry girlfriend/barfine) has taken the beers.

Pokes copy cd seller in the eye.

Fight commences.

Thai chap kicks guy in the head.

Guy gets up and leaves.

Copy cd seller fined 50% of max as he admitted it was him ( bit hard not to considering the video).

Apologises to Thailand for bringing Pattaya into disrepute ( the irony is not lost on me).

Heads off back to work, selling copy cds.

Farang goes home.

Just another day in a tropical paradise.

So when does any farang let his Bar fine out of his sight after he's paid it ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, a977 said:

Wasn't long ago after American and watch sellers had an disagreement that the army stated they were going to clean up the people selling fake watches and other material, Well done army I still see the same fake watch seller come into bar 2-3 times  a day in space of 4 hours I'm there, he even supplies other watch sellers got a bike full of the crap

Yes and now they crack down on ladyboys so by best week they are all gone just like the infected stray dogs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I believe a tourist that got attacked by 2 illegal workers pushing their illegal merchandise in public street without any permits.

Yep, right! You can believe what you want. You just have a lot to learn about how things are done and works in Thailand. Come back when the wet substance behind the ears been absorbed by knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Perhaps you should read the whole thread before you rush to your keyboard.

Read the part about the farang getting very angry because the 2 Thai men didn't protect his beer (at that point this was not in a bar or similar it was at an outside market staff nothing to do with beer etc.)  In reality the two Thai men didn't know the foreigner and had no responsibility whatever to protect his beer.

How's your reading and comprehension skills?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Read the part about the farang getting very angry because the 2 Thai men didn't protect his beer (at that point this was not in a bar or similar it was at an outside market staff nothing to do with beer etc.)  In reality the two Thai men didn't know the foreigner and had no responsibility whatever to protect his beer.

How credible is the witness testimony?  A good trial lawyer would tear this apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"Read the part about the farang getting very angry because the 2 Thai men didn't protect his beer"

That's according to "the 2 Thai men"  who after all would never lie about why they teamed up to beat up a farang. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Reasonable is as far as I would go on that, unfortunately I am guided by my suspicious unbelieving mind

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Reasonable is as far as I would go on that, unfortunately I am guided by my suspicious unbelieving mind

That was close I award you the thunder Kimber by a short head

My money was on each way so I got a place

On 3/22/2018 at 9:32 AM, torrzent said:

Hold on with the cheap charlie thing.  We need to first know what kind of beer was it,  Archa or Hoegaarden.  It's all in the evidence.  The fight could be over 100 baht, not 30 baht!

Some of the WS Family Marts sell the Stonehead craft beers, about 145 baht. If so, it should be pointed out to the CD vendors why the poke in the eye was justified...

The report said regarding the street vendor..."He said that he sells CDs outside Family Mart."

He forgot a word in that quote....missed out the word 'pirate' before saying 'CDs', so he was breaking the law before this situation already even started. Also, the usual cowardly 2 or more on one attack. Do as many wais as you like, still a couple of scumbags.

Edited by Sir Dude

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

The report said regarding the street vendor..."He said that he sells CDs outside Family Mart."

He forgot a word in that quote....missed out the word 'pirate' before saying 'CDs', so he was breaking the law before this situation already even started. Also, the usual cowardly 2 or more on one attack. Do as many wais as you like, still a couple of scumbags.

Music with vile obscene lyrics, pirated or not. But if I was with you as friend and a big guy was tryinging to batter me I would hope you, as a, friend would come to my aid and help me, deal with the guy. That's, what friends are for. 

On 3/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, nev said:

Expensive night for the two Thais hope they learn and think again before they lose their rag.

I can't tell if you are being serious as it seems the Thai men defending themselves from an attacker should not be fined.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, BigBadGeordie said:

So we have:

A cheap charlie buying beer at the Family Mart for him and his bar fine.

Puts the beers down and asks a chap selling copy cd out side a ladyboy bar to take care of them.

Bar fine returns, collects beers.

Farang looks for beer (note not now looking for bar fine, sorry girlfriend).

Gets angry as ladyboy (sorry girlfriend/barfine) has taken the beers.

Pokes copy cd seller in the eye.

Fight commences.

Thai chap kicks guy in the head.

Guy gets up and leaves.

Copy cd seller fined 50% of max as he admitted it was him ( bit hard not to considering the video).

Apologises to Thailand for bringing Pattaya into disrepute ( the irony is not lost on me).

Heads off back to work, selling copy cds.

Farang goes home.

Just another day in a tropical paradise.

Thanks for repeating exactly what the OP reported, lucky you're here to help us out.

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Didn't read it, did you?  This is nothing to do with business territory!

i know this man, i had the same issue a while back ,he has been in ''his spot '',for years, and believe me..this began by ''invading his space'', and to me sir.. that's called territorial...have a good one

Edited by mok199
speliing
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mok199 said:

i know this man, i had the same issue a while back ,he has been in ''his spot '',for years, and believe me..this began by ''invading his space'', and to me sir.. that's called territorial...have a good one

Why should I believe you when what you say doesn't sit very easily with the rest of the story? 

Was the farang trying to take over the trader's territory?  What was the issue that you had with him, were you trying to take over his spot to trade from or did you ask him to look after your beer for you which then disappeared?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Why should I believe you when what you say doesn't sit very easily with the rest of the story? 

Was the farang trying to take over the trader's territory?  What was the issue that you had with him, were you trying to take over his spot to trade from or did you ask him to look after your beer for you which then disappeared?

take over the traders territory.''take over''.. that's your reply really!! and in my humble opinion, the only reason it wasn't a full blown 2 on 1fight is because the little dude has one leg and uses a crutch.......next time you debate ...try and do intelligently..we are finished here sir..

Edited by mok199
speliing
  • Haha 1