Despicable foreign tourist! Why a Thai's eyes almost "popped out of their sockets"!

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

While the poster himself chipped in: "My eyes just about popped out of their sockets when I saw this. 

"I was going over to tell her not to do that when she got down of her own accord".

More like, I was going over to get a better look when she got down of her own accord".

All this hypocrisy about religious beliefs and culture.  Songkran is supposed to be about pouring water over the hands of your elders to show respect, but it's now just a water free-for-all, where scores of people die every year; doesn't seem to be much respect being shown there, when the main revellers have been to the temple in the morning, then spend the rest of the day causing mayhem with their water pistols and buckets of ice.

Take a photo of a young woman (Who no doubt would have been wearing knickers) sitting on a temple wall, and Armageddon looms!

Hypocrisy at its best!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, poohy said:

Seems these holier than holier Thais love been outraged.. get a life for gods sake 

Coming from a nation that has no control over littering millions of uncared for stray dogs a disgraceful education system and a corrupt government guess its good to be outraged over something!

You missed foetus' being dumped in rubbish bins 

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

what? there are other people in the world besides me?

this whole temple was not built for me so I can take photos of myself?

I do this sort of thing in Moscow all the time.

I really very much doubt that any Russian girl would do this in a church in Moscow. Decent people of all nationalities know, or SHOULD know that holy places, of all religions or nations are to be respected.

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

I really very much doubt that any Russian girl would do this in a church in Moscow. Decent people of all nationalities know, or SHOULD know that holy places, of all religions or nations are to be respected.

Not a valid comparison. She is on holiday - I doubt she packed her church outfit. It is hot here, so she wore something light, and, when standing, a respectable ankle length dress. She simply wanted a beautiful holiday photo, and I doubt she was thinking "Hey, perfect opportunity to show off my beaver and disrespect Thailand and it's people". The problem is the slit in the dress, and for all we know the wind unexpectedly blew it open for a moment, or she didn't anticipate it slipping open. We see her foot raised, so it is entirely possible that it was just a moment, and the moment it happened, realizing the mistake, she made haste to get down. And possibly, she would have politely apologized to anyone who had asked "What were you thinking?" And people still wonder why I refuse to have a Facebook account...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, timendres said:

Not a valid comparison. She is on holiday - I doubt she packed her church outfit. It is hot here, so she wore something light, and, when standing, a respectable ankle length dress. She simply wanted a beautiful holiday photo, and I doubt she was thinking "Hey, perfect opportunity to show off my beaver and disrespect Thailand and it's people". The problem is the slit in the dress, and for all we know the wind unexpectedly blew it open for a moment, or she didn't anticipate it slipping open. We see her foot raised, so it is entirely possible that it was just a moment, and the moment it happened, realizing the mistake, she made haste to get down. And possibly, she would have politely apologized to anyone who had asked "What were you thinking?" And people still wonder why I refuse to have a Facebook account...

How do you know she wasn't wearing panties? Has anyone seen the unrated version?

Edited by tropo

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

Do the "affronted" Thai people, affronted because of the stupid antics of foreign tourists, ever ask themselves how many times foreign tourists are angry about the antics of Thai people.

Nobody was "affronted". The guy taking the photo was sexually aroused and feigned "shock" to appease his jealous girlfriend (it's quite likely he went to the temple bathroom to finish off LOL). The guys commenting negatively on Facebook were just upset they didn't get to see a blonde tourist's real beaver and the girls were jealous of all the attention. 555555

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Despicable? No, not really.

Stupid and culturally insensitive? Certainly.

Thailand, the answer is simple. If you do not want to see culturally-insensitive actions, then close the sights and lose the revenue/monies.

Easy. And no more outrage.

So keeping culturally important historic sites open for the vast majority of decent intelligent tourists who manage to go there without acting stupidly, insensitively or rudely, isn't important to you?

May not be your intention but your post smacks of Western superiority - "put up with our behavior or close up shop".

Maybe you'd like to see that apply to all countries that attract tourists?

Edited by Baerboxer

4 hours ago, mancub said:

Good grief.....even the Buddhist monk, who was photographed in BKK "knocking one out" on the front seat of the bus, was said to be  outraged beyond belief !!!

Yes it brings the outrage into perspective, plus he is probably an Abbot by now

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the spotlight should be turned on those who keep trying to take upskirt photos. This is the second this week, following the son of a hiso Thai who found himself in big trouble in London.

Btw, shouldn't this thread be in the Bangkok subforum? 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2018 at 9:35 PM, poohy said:

Seems these holier than holier Thais love been outraged.. get a life for gods sake 

Coming from a nation that has no control over littering millions of uncared for stray dogs a disgraceful education system and a corrupt government guess its good to be outraged over something!

Yup 

On 21/03/2018 at 2:02 PM, JSixpack said:

Farang tourists be farang tourists. However, I did know a Thai girl who confided to me (she could never tell a Thai) that she and her Thai boyfriend once found a small room in Wat Arun with no one around and there she lost her virginity. Always smile about that when I see the Wat or pictures thereof.

that is total sacrilege   not something i would expect from any thai girl

7 hours ago, cookieqw said:

that is total sacrilege   not something i would expect from any thai girl

Hence she could tell no other Thai. Yep, Thais can defy stereotypes . . . it's amazing what can go on behind the scenes--part of what makes Thailand so interesting.

• Like 1