I can hear the food I eat - Do You

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If they were all set free they would soon eat all the world's vegetables - then what would we eat?:whistling:

Good point.

Back in the days, in Essex, we started a semi-vegetarian group. The only meat we would eat was road kill! We attracted the local newspapers. And a TV company showed some interest in us.

One day I was visiting a fellow member. When I was in the kitchen his wife opened the fridge and I saw a supermarket chicken. I confronted my friend about the chicken. "To be honest,'" said he, "we are just so fed up with eating badger and squirrel every day." I left the group after that.

Can't trust a vegetarian.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Good point.

Back in the days, in Essex, we started a semi-vegetarian group. The only meat we would eat was road kill! We attracted the local newspapers. And a TV company showed some interest in us.

One day I was visiting a fellow member. When I was in the kitchen his wife opened the fridge and I saw a supermarket chicken. I confronted my friend about the chicken. "To be honest,'" said he, "we are just so fed up with eating badger and squirrel every day." I left the group after that.

Can't trust a vegetarian.

Essex seems the most unlikely place for such a group. I though it was all dogging and wife swapping.:sorry: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannork said:

One cow requires 1.8 acres of grassland per year to live. 

If you kill that one cow , how many people can the meat of that one cow feed , and for how many days?

Now if you grow vegetables for one year on 1.8 acres of land how many people can you feed? 

The answer is an awful lot more than the cow.

I did not intend my post to be taken seriously.

However, not all cows are bred for meat. Dairy cows can produce 20+ litres of milk per day. They also produce calves and, at the end of their lives, dog food, bonemeal, etc. I don't know how that compares to the value (cash or nutritional) of growing vegetables.

Not trying to be confrontational, just raising a point.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

One cow requires 1.8 acres of grassland per year to live. 

If you kill that one cow , how many people can the meat of that one cow feed , and for how many days?

Now if you grow vegetables for one year on 1.8 acres of land how many people can you feed? 

The answer is an awful lot more than the cow.

Also, intensive meat production is extremely polluting.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Max66 said:

That's why l don't eat pork . The Chinese are worse. ( no shock there) I've seen videos on you tube where they use a blow torch to burn the hair off the pig  WHILE ITS STILL ALIVE !They say pigs are very smart even more so than dogs. Regardless I became a vegetarian 7 years ago. 

I remember hearing they ate the brain of a live monkey.

20 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

All the vegetarians and vegans out there who want us to stop eating meat does that mean they will feed all those cows pigs Etc out there or will they want them to be killed. There are millions of farm animals around the world nobody will want should they be allowed to die or will you kill them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not going to happen, but if, hypothetically, it did happen, all the animals would be killed. Costs a lot of money to raise animals, and the land they use would be converted to vegetable growing.

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I did not intend my post to be taken seriously.

However, not all cows are bred for meat. Dairy cows can produce 20+ litres of milk per day. They also produce calves and, at the end of their lives, dog food, bonemeal, etc. I don't know how that compares to the value (cash or nutritional) of growing vegetables.

Not trying to be confrontational, just raising a point.

If it's evil for humans to eat meat, it's evil for dogs to, as well. Let them eat soybeans.

No one has mentioned fish, which suffer horrible deaths. Anyway, we've overfished the oceans to the point there won't be any if we keep on doing it.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's evil for humans to eat meat, it's evil for dogs to, as well. Let them eat soybeans.

No one has mentioned fish, which suffer horrible deaths. Anyway, we've overfished the oceans to the point there won't be any if we keep on doing it.

Totally disagree with your opinion on dogs and meat, as compared to humans. But that is a conversation for another time and place. 

Overfishing is indeed a big problem, along with all the unintended "bycatch" that is cruelly murdered (and simply discarded) in the nets. A bigger problem still is coral reef destruction and loss due to warming oceans. Bleaching from climate change, pollution, acidification and reef damage by people...boats/anchors, divers, fisherman, sport.

The death of coral also represents a huge loss—as much as $375 billion annually—for the local economies along the globe they support. Reefs support local tourism and the commercial fishing industry. They also protect coastlines from flooding during extreme storms.

Full article here:

http://time.com/coral/

• Like 1