I can hear the food I eat - Do You

24 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

To the vegans out there, you worry about animal products. Have you ever wondered how your leather belt or leather shoes got made? Just remember, my food sh!(4's  on your food.

I became vegetarian, not because I don't like to eat meat, but when I realized how the meat was produced and what it contains. (Hormones, adrenaline)

Yes, I have a leather belt and leather shoes. So what ? The point is, the raising of cattle, poultry and pigs should be more natural and it could be if there was a good intention to do so. But no, our meat and sausages must be cheap and affordable. That's why so many of us are obese and unhealthy. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cereals are better food. Vegetarian proteins are better utilizeable than such from animals. Vegans and Vegetarians need to ad Vitamin B12 to their diet, though.

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-you-choose-to-become-a-vegan-or-a-vegetarian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

It's done in the West every single day in the name of the Jews and in the name of the Muslims - I agree, it is pretty grim, but the west has put up with this torture under the name of religious practice for years.

Huh?  Explain please.............what is done in the name of the Jews and Muslims?

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, bannork said:

Piglets having their teeth and balls ripped out with no anaesthetic.

I think they use rubber bands now ( which probably still hurt a lot, but take less effort for the farmers to put on ) but millions of lambs have their tails docked and ram lambs are castrated without anaesthetic every year.

When I spent my school holidays on the farm the scrotum was sliced and the balls ripped out, the tails cut off with a hot iron that cauterised the wound and stopped bleeding. The dogs were always in for a feed of testicles, so they miss out on that with the rubber bands.

That was done for HUNDREDS of lambs by perhaps 3 farm hands, so any suggestion that they should have been anaethetised before would have been a non starter.

Such is the price animals pay for humans to have that yummy roast lamb to eat at a cost they can afford.

26 minutes ago, TGIR said:

Huh?  Explain please.............what is done in the name of the Jews and Muslims?

I think he's referring to circumcision, but to call it torture is barking. It's a medical procedure like any other removal of useless tissue from a body.

I have no idea how it's related to food.

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

I became vegetarian, not because I don't like to eat meat, but when I realized how the meat was produced and what it contains. (Hormones, adrenaline)

Yes, I have a leather belt and leather shoes. So what ? The point is, the raising of cattle, poultry and pigs should be more natural and it could be if there was a good intention to do so. But no, our meat and sausages must be cheap and affordable. That's why so many of us are obese and unhealthy. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cereals are better food. Vegetarian proteins are better utilizeable than such from animals. Vegans and Vegetarians need to ad Vitamin B12 to their diet, though.

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-you-choose-to-become-a-vegan-or-a-vegetarian

Animals used to be raised in more humane ways till humans overpopulated the planet and there just isn't enough usable farm land to keep doing so as long as people want to be carnivorous.

How much open farmland would be needed to feed Bangkok, or New York if all the animals were allowed to roam in fields?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Vegetables are not food, food eats vegetables.

And yes, I've killed and eaten rabbits, game birds, chooks and pigs. Shame about the pigs, they really are quite smart, but they do taste nice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To the OP. How would a pack of pigs, jackals or wild boars treat you if they wanted to eat you? Have you ever seen ritual mass slaughter by throat cutting halal style during Eid Al Hadda? Nature is red in tooth and claw.. And we are part if nature.  The death of democracy is more important than a pig being taken to slaughter. 
Slipping in the death of democracy in a pig killed at a party thread

That has to be a first.
  • Haha 2

Thank goodness you saw this and it changed you. No animal lover eats meat and their suffering is huge but we don't see it. Do the right thing and become a vegetarian dont let some put you off I have been veggie 40+ years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

You were skinning rabbits that had been caught in the sticks I presume. They had had a natural life until the moment you caught them. That is very different from the lives of factory farmed animals which have never known anything natural.

No, raised in cages. They're nice when they are tiny and cuddly, but turn into nasty buggers when grown, especially the females. Probably knew by the look of my face it's time for a bbq.

One thing though, meat murdered in a ninja way, i.e. without them knowing what happened makes for more tender meat. I guess that's why my dad used the back end of the axe after sneaking up on the pigs. The game we got from hunting was always a bit rubbery, especially moose after being hunted with dogs for who knows how long.

I eat all type s of meat. One thing I couldn’t figure out is when a chicken the blood is saved  what is it for? 

I understand the poster there should be a some what humane to make the procedure quick and easy on the animal. 

1 minute ago, DJ54 said:

One thing I couldn’t figure out is when a chicken the blood is saved  what is it for? 

Coagulated to cubes or put in soup? I remember having duck blood soup in Isaan. Not my thing but good for iron.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think he's referring to circumcision, but to call it torture is barking. It's a medical procedure like any other removal of useless tissue from a body.

I have no idea how it's related to food.

Please don't ask him....:shock1:

:clap2:

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, Familyonthemove said:

I've worked in slaughterhouses - not vastly different to what you describe, just done with more privacy.

I don't eat pork, lamb or beef (or dog, horse or octopus), but I do eat chicken and fish, as subjectively they appear to have less capacity to feel stress and fear. 

..i went to an abattoir once..asked why was there 2" of water on the floor..in come the piggies then one of the workers through a long rod on the floor and turned on the power..all fell down stunned then off to the butchery area where strung up and as previously stated throats slit and bled out...but no blood curdling screams to haunt you.