Police refute taxi driver’s claim that broken shock caused Phuket crash

webfact

Police refute taxi driver’s claim that broken shock caused Phuket crash

Eakkapop Thongtub

1521695234_1-org.jpg

Taxi driver Chiwat Suasan, 51, told police a broken shock absorber caused him to crash the vehicle. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have confirmed to The Phuket News that they do not believe a taxi driver’s story that a broken shock absorber caused him to crash his vehicle in Thalang this morning while taking a Chinese family of three from Phuket International Airport to Patong.

Police in fact believe that the driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police was notified of an accident near a U-turn at the Thai Wassadu building suppliers on Thepkrasattri Rd southbound at 5:30am (Mat 22).

Capt Kraisorn arrived at the scene along with rescue workers to find a Krabi-registered Toyota Wish SUV taxi in a roadside ditch. Three Chinese tourists, all from the same family, had sustained injuries in the accident.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-refute-taxi-driver-claim-that-broken-shock-caused-phuket-crash-66449.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-22

While the broken shock will be easy to check,but doubt it caused

crash, the police explanation maybe true but how to prove,maybe

the Chinese's passengers can shed some light on it,

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

It never ceases to amaze me how Thai police are experts at everything except policing, mechanics - forensics - pathologists - Judges, they can do everything except enforce the law especially on the roads

And if they could speak english they could have asked the chinese tourists what had happened.

• Confused 1

If  the  taxi  driver  was ware of the  faulty  shock   but  did  not   have it  replaced  then  he  is culpable by attributing  it  to the  cause of the accident  anyway.

A taxi  is a  licensed vehicle  for the transport  of   paying   public. Such a  vehicle known to the  operator  to  be  in need  of repairs  to a  component that has the known potential to cause risk  should  not accept a  fare call.

Shock  absorbers fail gradually over time.Or can be damaged  in an impact situation. If  this  driver  "knew" he  had a  faulty  shock absorber for  any reason  he is no less liable  than  if he went  to  sleep at the wheel.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

555555 Broken shock absorber now that's a new one for the books No more said,,,, 55555

Yer right?

the word must be getting around that the “brake failure” excuse is wearing thin, and he decided to go another way.

plod... so what happened here, sir

dumbass.... ah ah broken ah.... ah

plod... sir, you seem to be in shock

dumbass... yes yes... shock... yes broken shock... 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Thian said:

And if they could speak english they could have asked the chinese tourists what had happened.

How?  Did the tourists speak English? 

Perhaps they did ask them and  the tourists did give their side of the incident.  Perhaps they were waiting until the injured had been treated before they interviewed them.  

It never ceases to amaze me how Thai police are experts at everything except policing, mechanics - forensics - pathologists - Judges, they can do everything except enforce the law especially on the roads

It never ceases to amaze me that TVF members believe every bit of evidence gathered by the police is reported to TVF. Also ceases to amaze me that TVF members believe that reporters tell the full story rather than just trying to sell articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

It never ceases to amaze me that TVF members believe every bit of evidence gathered by the police is reported to TVF. Also ceases to amaze me that TVF members believe that reporters tell the full story rather than just trying to sell articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

True, but the trouble is, such BS "evidence" seemsto see the drivers get off any charges.  Thai drivers, of course.  Faramg drivers pay up, big time.