A court official claims no order to suspend construction of judges’ housing project

webfact

A court official claims no order to suspend construction of judges’ housing project

By Thai PBS

38226427-18F2-4687-BC1F-81AC3B0C915D.jpe

Construction of the housing project for judges at the foot of Doi Suthep in Mae Rim district of Chiang Mai is going on as usual despite an order from Army Commander-in-Chief General Chalermchai Sitthisart to put the project on hold pending further examination of the project.

Ms Nittaya Watanachivakul, secretary of Region 5 Appeals Court, has maintained that there was not any order to stop or suspend the construction of housing project for judges of Region 5 Appeals Court.

She told the media on Wednesday that Maj-Gen Sathit Srisuwan, commander of the Chiang Mai-based 33rd Army Circle, in his capacity as the chief of the peace-keeping force in Chiang Mai visited the construction site at the foot of Doi Suthep mountain in Tambon Don Kaew on Wednesday.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-official-claims-no-order-suspend-construction-judges-housing-project/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-23

2 hours ago, james.d said:

Exactly what i was thinking, could not find the reasoning for this estate either.

‘Reasoning for.....’ This being Thailand I have removed the word ‘why’ from my vocabulary. Life is so much simpler now. The development however, is an eyesore and more than likely (although claimed not to) encroaches on the national park. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Swagman said:

‘Reasoning for.....’ This being Thailand I have removed the word ‘why’ from my vocabulary. Life is so much simpler now. The development however, is an eyesore and more than likely (although claimed not to) encroaches on the national park. 

The reasoning is that someone wants something that is unattainable for the majority. In this case they have made it happen. That someone is in the process of a huge misplaced "feel good factor". The fact that they are associated with the country's justice system is extremely worrying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Maj-Gen Sathit Srisuwan, commander of the Chiang Mai-based 33rd Army Circle, in his capacity as the chief of the peace-keeping force in Chiang Mai

There has to be a "peace-keeping force" in Chiang Mai? Is this to counter the Northern Thailand insurgency?

hmmmm..interesting..judges vs army,so far judges win due to they control the courts...now what general chalermchai as all been confirmed by court as ok,whats your next step 5555

big project 89 rai of high end houses ..just for judges ?? confusing! but a lot of money been spent there,does general not get his share and angry????

Edited by tattoodrob