Where in Pattaya can I buy Tumeric powder ?

Pomrakuhn

Should be Phohng Kamin

Any place that sells Indian curry powder and spices should have it.  They call it "हल्दी" - haldi.

pŏng = powder

ขมิ้น  [ขะ - มิ่น]  kà-mîn = Turmeric

Here - Turmeric – powder (ผงขมิ้น – phohng kha min)https://thaifoodmaster.com/thai_food_ingredients/turmeric#.Wrag4H8pCHs

3 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi, in 7/11 near medicines as is used for muscular pain etc. ( But I use in food/hot drinks etc)

trouble is one must be very carefull to read the fineprint - especially so when/if it's all in Thai!

for example I have in front of me, a bottle of Coconut Oil. The bit about this one being 'not for human consumption' is in Thai.

( I only knew it's medication only purpose, after missus swiped it out of my hand, before me putting some onto a cracker

If it's with the medicines - please don't trust it to eat it!

Too many things there are made to be a sort of lookalike, to appear just like the real edible one, in the food aisle

fake colouring

fake essence etc to give the feeling it is the real (fruit) can make big problem for tummy

For cooking puposes supermarkets and Indian shops such as the one near the Sikh temple.  For medicinal purposes Tumeric capsules are sold in supermarkets, 71/11 etc. You can buy the roots/ tubers from markets. I take tumeric capsules every day for it's anti inflammatory properties. 

I've been looking into this myself lately I used to add it to rice all the time but have stopped eating rice.I was buying the cheap stuff from food mart 30THB I think.

But now I have read it needs to be organic and mix it with black pepper or some sort of oil they say it's a thousand time more powerful if you do that something about the way you digest it goes to the right place or something.

I haven't looked into where to get it yet so will be following this Thread.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, balo said:

You talk about turmeric like it would perform miracles. Unfortunately it's just another hype. Eat healthy and excercise, will do you more good.

Part of eating healthily is consuming anti inflammatory food stuffs including garlic, Ginger, turmeric and chillies. Some fruits are betters than others such as longans. some vegetables are better than others. Cauliflower and Broccoli. They might not perform miracles but they  are beneficial.  It better to have tumeric and other anti inflammatories in your diet than not have them. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-turmeric

• Like 2

For a quick fix curry in Pattaya I buy Waugh's curry powder in Big C, Goldenfry gravy in Siamsburys on Khao Talo and dried chillis anywhere....The Goldenfry thickens up much better than Bisto and just add chillis and Waugh's to taste but for me 1 Tablespoon of Gravy, I 1/2 Tablespoon of Waughs and 2 finely chopped chillis in a large mug then add boiling water...Certainly not Egon Ronay but great on a plate of sausage and chips with a pint of Castle Creek Red watching the footie..

• Like 1