Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

snoop1130

Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRknevwPbCJOsIi3iC.jpg.078cb66153be1b67454f8eac91de2a4b.jpg

The Thai police are taking the case of the female tourist pictured lying down on a ledge at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha last Sunday very seriously.

Top crime buster Surachet Hakpal was featured on Channel 7 news taking a keen interest in the case alongside Phraratchawang police.

The tourist and her male friend taking snapshots could face a month in jail or and/or a fine of 10,000 baht.

Maj-General Surachet - the deputy commissioner of the tourist police bureau - stressed it was not just the tourists' fault. He spoke on camera saying that their tour guide or trip organizer must take a share of the blame if they did not warn the tourists about what is acceptable and appropriate behavior at sites like Wat Phra Kaew in Thailand.

Another police spokesman Achayon Kraithong reiterated that such behavior was a serious offense in Thailand punishable by a jail term not exceeding one month and/or a 10,000 baht fine. 

Surachet - know by the moniker Big Joke (rice gruel) in the Thai media - has been seen all over this week busting Thai call center scammers in Dubai, illegal overstaying foreigners in Bangkok, trans-national criminals nationwide and now this latest incident.

Channel 7 showed the cops examining CCTV and said that the tourists were believed to still be in Thailand.

Source: http://news.ch7.com/detail/277658

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-23
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, HLover said:

Can anyone confirm the Rice Gruel is translated as 'Jok' and not 'Joke' as I may have been writing it incorrectly for months.

You are right of course, but I like the moniker 'big joke' too much to worry over the error.

• Haha 2

the thing I like about people here is that they do not seem to think that the Thai police cannot walk and chew bubble gum.

I imagine a tourist having a leak on Buckingham Palace champ d;elise. statue of liberty or the front of the Sydney opera house.  

These things are not allowed and would not be accepted.  People would be charged and punished.  The same thing goes here.

To be honest the fact that the BIG JOIKE" is taking crime in all it's forms seriously and I AM SURE HIS STAFF is IS A GREAT RELIEF TO this tourist.  I just hope that more officers will take his lead.