Cabbie nabbed after driving a drunk female passenger into a love hotel

webfact

A cabbie nabbed after driving a drunk female passenger into a love hotel

By Thai PBS

8D40B870-5BEC-4FBC-9E8D-B53065E3EFAF.png

A taxi driver was arrested by police on Sunday after he was accused by a young woman of taking her to a motel as she fell asleep in the car from alcoholic drinks, sexually assaulting her and robbing her of 2,000 baht in cash.

The victim whose name was withheld told Phaholyothin police that she hailed the taxi in front of a night entertainment venue in Ratchapruek are, Nonthaburi, after having a party with friends.

Admitting that she felt tipsy as she ordered the cabbie to send her to her apartment in Huey Kwang district, she said she fell asleep in the car and only woke out to find out she was in a room with someone who immediately escaped. She found out later on that her money in the wallet, about 2,000 baht, were gone, and reported the incident to an assistant in the love hotel who, fortunately, jotted down the license plate of the taxi.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabbie-nabbed-driving-drunk-female-passenger-love-hotel/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-26
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

woke out to find out she was in a room with someone who immediately escaped. She found out later on that her money in the wallet, about 2,000 baht, were gone, and reported the incident to an assistant in the love hotel who, fortunately, jotted down the license plate of the taxi.

the excuses are always the best; can't wait to hear his

• Like 1

So he managed to sling her over his shoulder , check in and carry her into the room while she slept on. Wow, she must have been drunk.

Would be rapist, apparent thief, and a taxi driver to boot, what a bad egg!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So he managed to sling her over his shoulder , check in and carry her into the room while she slept on. Wow, she must have been drunk.

She said she was only tipsy, so she could walk to the room with him,look around the room and think,yes this is my apartment, and lie down on the bed. The 2,000 Baht hurt.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

First of all I have never used a love hotel :smile:.  No really I haven't, but I know a few who have, usually those with a Thai partner and having a  bit on the side.  The hotels differ and with a lot you don't have to check in together.  The point of a love hotel is to have a place to take your Gik without everyone knowing.  There are places to park your car behind screened areas and often direct access to the rooms.  

On the positive side, 10 years ago, this would never have been  publicly mentioned, nor the driver caught. Thailand is changing for the better. Baby steps come before giant steps, where  the behaviour is not even considered  an option. It's coming and part of the change is the crackdown on the sextrade and public debauchery.

Wow......... Now that it is out in the open and hit the press.... that Thailand Has 'Love hotels'............... besides all the other 'blemishes' on it's face......... And Thailand wants it's face to be immaculate...... The Generals and the Army will be running out to 'sweep' all the love hotels under the same carpet they have 'swept' all the other 'Blemishes on it's face' under........ How many times have they "Ordered more carpet" to sweep it all under???????

On 3/25/2018 at 8:01 PM, Prairieboy said:

Obviously there is some sort of mix up - the man was supposed to pay the lady the 2,000 baht not the other way around!

I thought when the article said love hotel it would be one of those drive in places where they drive in, pull a curtain and you yahoo in the car.  But the part about getting up to a room, claiming being robbed, seems dubious.

19 hours ago, dunroaming said:

You are a cynical lot!  When I indulged I chose to stay in proper hotels.  

Agreed. Although, there has been the odd emergency when one hasn't had the time nor the inclination to be picky .......................:post-4641-1156694572: