home swimming pools

rumak

Maybe I should have asked :   Has anyone had a really good experience with a pool company here in 

Chiangmai that set up a FILTER SYSTEM  (pumps, etc)  for their swimming pool . Surely there must be

some pool owners out there.   If you have had BAD experience better not to post, but can PM me if you

wish.    Thanks

I have ordered items from Swimming Pools Thailand's website and found them good to deal with.  The Doi Saket office doesn't (or didn't) keep stock but the English gentleman who runs it was very helpful and knowledgeable about pool chemistry and would be top of my list if I should have another problem.  I'm guessing that he has seen a good number of installations around here and would be an excellent person to contact for some advice in the first instance.  Try calling Bob on 0821 966 003.

ABO on the superhighway close to Big C Extra was selling a German solar powered variable speed system that is worth a look if you have room for the panels.

Also, for those who are depressed at the way all suppliers assume anyone who owns a pool has money to burn, try Global House for simple accessories like cleaning hoses and heads - they are now keeping a decent range at about half the price of dedicated pool shops.  Find them close to where the pumps are sold.

I previously purchased my pool supplies from World Chemicals and switched to Swimming Pools Thailand (Bob) for better pricing and  the variety of supplies they offer.

When one of my two Kripsol pumps needed replacement Bob provided the best price and did the removal of the defective pump and installation of the new one. He even made corrections/improvements in my pump house electrical panel while he was installing.

Bob's pool knowledge is unsurpassed in Chiang Mai from my experience. He's the only one I need to or want to call to provide advice, buy supplies, or fix problems.

(I have a 4x8M saltwater pool)

On 3/29/2018 at 4:31 AM, jeffandgop said:

I previously purchased my pool supplies from World Chemicals and switched to Swimming Pools Thailand (Bob) for better pricing and  the variety of supplies they offer.

When one of my two Kripsol pumps needed replacement Bob provided the best price and did the removal of the defective pump and installation of the new one. He even made corrections/improvements in my pump house electrical panel while he was installing.

Bob's pool knowledge is unsurpassed in Chiang Mai from my experience. He's the only one I need to or want to call to provide advice, buy supplies, or fix problems.

(I have a 4x8M saltwater pool)

Thanks for the input.  I have been in touch with Bob and hope to have him come and set something up.

I live far from town...... so might have to wait a bit.   

Archived