UK Labour leader Corbyn apologises for anti-Semitism in his party‍​

webfact

4 minutes ago, jayboy said:

For the umpteenth time nobody accuses Jeremy Corbyn of anti Semitism, just carelessness and passivity in the face of some vile abusers.I agree with you that the vast majority of the Labour Party are not anti Semites.The problem is with the small minority.You say it is a smear campaign on Jeremy Corbyn which is odd given he has admitted there is a real problem with anti Semitism in the Labour Party.Do you even know about the Chakrabarti report?

He has to say that. If he doesn't then he gets even more grief. Anyone with half a brain cell knows these attacks on him and the party are politically motivated. The truth is the the Conservative Party has a far bigger problem with anti Semitism, but that doesn't fit the agenda.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm not getting into a debate on the unpleasant thug Marc Wadsworth recently kicked out of the party.You might also want to do some research on his disgraceful behaviour heckling Jewish MPs.

The translation being.... I spread misinformation, but once pulled up on it, I have no answer. You might want to do some research before telling lies. And just because someone is heckled and they happen to be Jewish, does not make the heckler an anti Semite.

As I said, I have no time for anti Semites. They need to go. But I'm sick of this issue being used as a stick to beat Corbyn with. It's a disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Timbob said:

The translation being.... I spread misinformation, but once pulled up on it, I have no answer. You might want to do some research before telling lies. And just because someone is heckled and they happen to be Jewish, does not make the heckler an anti Semite.

As I said, I have no time for anti Semites. They need to go. But I'm sick of this issue being used as a stick to beat Corbyn with. It's a disgrace.

I have already told you I am not getting into a debate on individual thugs and Jew haters like Wadsworth.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jayboy said:

So according to you:

1.Jeremy Corbyn is lying (though you are silent on whether he instructed Baroness Chakrabarti to lie as well in her damning report)

2.There isn't really a problem and in any case the Tories are worse.

3.Labour's enemies have dreamed the anti Semitism issue as a way of attacking Corbyn.

As I now say to all such responses:

We know where you're coming from.

#1 No, not lying as such. Merely saying what he has to say. 

#2 No, that's not what I said. There is a problem. I don't know why people hold anti Semitic views, but it's a societal issue. Yes, the Tories are much worse.

#3 No, that's not what I said. Again, there is a problem. Yet, if you don't think the usual chicken coup gang of Blairites aren't using it for their own ends, then you're a fool. 

Learn to read without spinning what I said. As for your insinuation.... pathetic.  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Timbob said:

#1 No, not lying as such. Merely saying what he has to say. 

#2 No, that's not what I said. There is a problem. I don't know why people hold anti Semitic views, but it's a societal issue. Yes, the Tories are much worse.

#3 No, that's not what I said. Again, there is a problem. Yet, if you don't think the usual chicken coup gang of Blairites aren't using it for their own ends, then you're a fool. 

Learn to read without spinning what I said. As for your insinuation.... pathetic.  

We know where you're coming from.

• Like 2

On ‎27‎/‎3‎/‎2561 at 9:52 PM, Jingthing said:

Disliked is one thing. Gassed in the millions another. Yes your suggestion is disgusting in the context of a topic about the holocaust and I reckon you know that too and wanted to deliberately provoke.

Also I have to inform you that your ignorance is appalling. There are thousands of books written largely by Jews on the root causes of antisemitism. Hint to you - - even total assimilation doesn't make it go away.

Maybe read some of those books before writing more troll posts suggesting Jews are somehow responsible for their own persecution.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Tens of millions of Christians and Buddhists  died in WW2 , far more so than Jews,   Every  rational thinking person is fed up with the Holocaust  propoganda industry.   The' respected' Jewish author Lucy  Dadowavitz,  War against the Jews (name  spelling probably wrong)said over 1 ,5 million jews died at Madjanek when infact it was only about 70 K  Alot of her facts about deaths were grossly exaggerated and have been proven so.

I'm sick of westerners getting all nervous & frightened and apologising to Jews all the time. When was the last time Jews apologised to Christians or Palestinians for murdering their children.?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lanista said:

I'm sick of westerners getting all nervous & frightened and apologising to Jews all the time. When was the last time Jews apologised to Christians or Palestinians for murdering their children.?

The Jews havent murdered any Children , so, theres nothing to apologise for .

Do you believe that Jews eat Muslims babies for breakfast ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lanista said:

Tens of millions of Christians and Buddhists  died in WW2 , far more so than Jews,   Every  rational thinking person is fed up with the Holocaust  propoganda industry.   The' respected' Jewish author Lucy  Dadowavitz,  War against the Jews (name  spelling probably wrong)said over 1 ,5 million jews died at Madjanek when infact it was only about 70 K  Alot of her facts about deaths were grossly exaggerated and have been proven so.

Lanista, just on the off chance (the very slim off chance) that it has never been explained to you:

Yes you are correct, tens of millions of Christians and Buddhists died in WWII, but they were victims of the war, their deaths were not a result of a planned and industrialised attempt to wipe them out on the basis of their race. They were not individually singled out on the basis of their race, they were not sent to their deaths on the basis of their race. Their race had absolutely no bearing on the reason why they died. 

The holocaust was the industrialised murder of Jews and Roma, who where singled out for death in a planned attempt to wipe the existence of their races out of Europe. The reason why Western societies have to be repeatedly reminded of this is because of the part individual people, institutions, governments and government agencies played in singling out the Jews and Roma and handing them to the Nazis for extermination. 

Now back to you.

You've either given us an example of you utter ignorance or of your need to simply be egregiously offensive, so quite frankly, be 'sick to death', the garbage you're carrying around in your head would make anyone sick. 

I'd recommend two courses of action for you, they are not mutually exclusive:

1. Learn some history.

2. Talk to someone about why you feel the need to be so openly offensive.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

Jayboy, 

You've quoted my last post in full, but made no comment on its content.

Having quoted my post, do you agree/disagree with my challenge to Ianista and the content of what I have said in that challenge?

Broadly speaking yes.I would however stress that there are many reasons for remembering the Holocaust other than Western complicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jayboy said:

And here is a brilliant evocation of what anti Semitism is like in practice from Howard Jacobson who writes like an angel.If I was Jeremy Corbyn I would weep with mortification after having read this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/07/howard-jacobson-jews-know-what-antisemitism-is-and-what-it-isnt-to-invent-it-would-be-a-sacrilege?CMP=share_btn_tw

and for those who believe there is no terrible problem of anti Semitism in the Labour Party

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/04/jeremy-corbyn-and-the-far-lefts-anti-semitism-doublespeak/

Now we know what we agree on, back to this:

1. I'm not sure that anyone here is arguing that Jews have 'invented anti-Semitism' though the author of the Guardian article does seem to have invented something he refers to as the 'anti-Zianism faith'. 

Anti-Semitsm exists, is widespread and is all the evils I've previously said it is, and a lot more beside.

2. You have earlier in this thread, very reasonably, objected to opinion on the basis of the source of opinion. Please understand then that I don't regard the rightwing Spectator as a reliable source of unbiased opinion on the Labour Party.

But it is a cracking example of the use of innuendo, circumstantial 'evidence?' and guilt by association. 

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now we know what we agree on, back to this:

1. I'm not sure that anyone here is arguing that Jews have 'invented anti-Semitism' though the author of the Guardian article does seem to have invented something he refers to as the 'anti-Zianism faith'. 

Anti-Semitsm exists, is widespread and is all the evils I've previously said it is, and a lot more beside.

2. You have earlier in this thread, very reasonably, objected to opinion on the basis of the source of opinion. Please understand then that I don't regard the rightwing Spectator as a reliable source of unbiased opinion on the Labour Party.

But it is a cracking example of the use of innuendo, circumstantial 'evidence?' and guilt by association. 

As to 2, I completely disagree.It's also with respect absurd to compare The Spectator with Electronicintafada, the latter being an extremist one note propaganda vehicle.The Spectator has a conservative tendency to be sure but it's equally accurate to describe it as contrarian, provocative and a puncturer of pomposity and sloppy thinking.Above all it's for intelligent readers with the ability to think and have their prejudices challenged rather rely on hand me down views from whatever side of the political spectrum.That's why it's mandatory reading for many on the left.The same in fairness could be said for the New Statesman which has a left wing tendency though for sheer sparkle the Spectator has outshone its rival in recent years.Both have excellent coverage of the arts as well as current affairs.

Only one way to verify what I have said.Try it out.

P.S As to the Guardian article if you had no idea of who Howard Jacobson was before reading this piece, it's probable that the Spectator may not be of much interest to you.And I mean that caringly as Dame Edna Everage might say.

Edited by jayboy

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Labour antisemitism is all about votes,there are a lot of muslims in the UK.

what a pointless, inaccurate and ill-informed comment.

if you have nothing positive and/or constructive to say then it's better to say nothing.

• Like 2

Anti-semitism in Labour is from low education white British and their conspiracy theories not British Muslims.

No longer shocked by the subtle anti Semitic comments I continually hear from UK people. Even Harry married a girl (about half as black as Rashida Jones admittedly) think it would not have been possible if she had been a so-called “Jew”.