Good hair barbers in Pattaya

juice777

I have more or less had a skinhead for 20 years so I don't have to think about a good barber.But I Fancy a change especially when I see so many people my age going Bald haha.I normally go anywhere as long as its a 100THB but now I want to be able to show them a picture and say like that please, please.Can anyone recommend a good place? I don't mind paying more than a 100THB of course.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Royal Cliff Hotel- 330 baht, best in Pattaya. Same woman has been there for 10 years. They are closed one day per week, I think Wednesdays.
If you say she is the best I could go there but it's a pain to get there.

Is it in the hotel or on the Grounds?

I use him every month or so. He takes his time and gives me a good cut ... but I suppose it all depends on how
difficult your requirements are..
Can't be that hard I just plan to look on the net for a picture of a standard sort of short low maintenance cut.The sort of thing you can just chuck a bit of gel on and rough it up and job done.Then show them a pic and something like that.The picture is just to get past any language barrier.When I was a young man In Vietnam I asked for a Beard trim once I closed my eyes and when opened them I had a moustache.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Can't be that hard I just plan to look on the net for a picture of a standard sort of short low maintenance cut.The sort of thing you can just chuck a bit of gel on and rough it up and job done.Then show them a pic and something like that.The picture is just to get past any language barrier.When I was a young man In Vietnam I asked for a Beard trim once I closed my eyes and when opened them I had a moustache.

I know exactly what you mean. I worked in rural China in the early 90s. I went to a local outdoor barber showing him how much I wanted trimming using standard finger and thumb ........ Unfortunately he took it to mean how much I wanted left on ...

Also the barbers opposite soi buakhao market seem to do good trade. That is 100 baht too...

Tried all of those. Would not go back to any of them.

I used to get perfectly good haircuts in Manila for very low prices, but have never had a decent one here at any price. I've never met a Thai barber who knew anything about scissors or layering either. It's just dab dab dab with electric shears. Maybe they all trained on Aussie sheep farms.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Tried all of those. Would not go back to any of them.

I used to get perfectly good haircuts in Manila for very low prices, but have never had a decent one here at any price. I've never met a Thai barber who knew anything about scissors or layering either. It's just dab dab dab with electric shears. Maybe they all trained on Aussie sheep farms.

So you are suggesting that there are only 3 choices: 1. Cousin IT      2.Uncle Fester   or    3. Fly to Manila..

• Haha 1

So you are suggesting that there are only 3 choices: 1. Cousin IT 2.Uncle Fester or 3. Fly to Manila.

My solution, if you can call it that, is just to put up with bad haircuts. Any barber here will give you one of these, and to be perfectly honest the free one I had from the training shop mentioned earlier was no worse than many pay ones I have had here.

I keep trying new shops in the hope that one day I will find a good one, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I've never met a Thai barber who knew anything about scissors or layering either. It's just dab dab dab with electric shears. Maybe they all trained on Aussie sheep farms.

I don't get this. Seems it would be true only the dirt cheap Thai barber shops for Thais. In the average shop if I tell them to use scissors only, they do; and use them skillfully enough, depending on the barber. As with most services, you find the ones you like, put them through the training ;), and then stay with them. Mostly.

Edited by JSixpack

I don't get this. Seems it would be true only the dirt cheap Thai barber shops for Thais. In the average shop if I tell them to use scissors only, they do; and use them skillfully enough, depending on the barber.

I certainly dont use the very cheap market barbers. Most places I use cost around 80-100B, which seems high enough for 20 minutes work to me.

Some will use scissors, if I insist, but none seem very happy or adept with them. Never had that problem in the Philippines.

Haircuts I've had here look OK as I leave the shop, but within a couple of weeks I can see the faults appear. For me a proper haircut should last a month and should continue to look neat albeit longer as the hair grows.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, juice777 said:

If you say she is the best I could go there but it's a pain to get there.

Is it in the hotel or on the Grounds?

on the grounds. if standing in front of the hotel, walk through the open air lobby and veer to the right. Before you get to the swimming pool. Scissor cut.

When I ask for a #4 on top and a #2 on the sides, I get the same haircut wherever I go in Pattaya, usually 70-80 baht.

Indeed, but that isnt a real haircut. A real haircut involves layering the hair, not shearing it to the same length. I do believe that the lack of proper barbers is one reason why so many farangs opt for the "number x all round" trim here. That and the high ambient temperatures.

22 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed, but that isnt a real haircut. A real haircut involves layering the hair, not shearing it to the same length. I do believe that the lack of proper barbers is one reason why so many farangs opt for the "number x all round" trim here. That and the high ambient temperatures.

It's "real" enough for me.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I do believe that the lack of proper barbers is one reason why so many farangs opt for the "number x all round" trim here. That and the high ambient temperatures.

And of course because they are cheap skints

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Most places I use cost around 80-100B, which seems high enough for 20 minutes work to me.

• Like 1