Video: "Thanks airbag" as innocent driver comes close to death at intersection

webfact

Video: "Thanks airbag" as innocent driver comes close to death at intersection

3pm.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A dash cam video showed the moment when an oncoming pick-up trying to run a red light lost control and rolled straight into another vehicle waiting at the lights.

A pick-up in front had just turned right on green when the fast approaching vehicle swerved straight into the dash cam car.

In a post online Boom Anucha said he was very lucky and thanked his airbag that deployed for helping to save his life.

Thai Rath did not report on the injuries sustained in the accident that happened on Sunday morning.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-28

7 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Its about time they started handing out life bans for these people who do not take care and take others with them. If they are found behind the wheel again, in the chokey for them and anyone else who turns a blind eye, one lives in hope that things will change.

I'd agree about living in hope, sadly though most people will turn a blind eye, rather than 'do the right thing'.

Near where I live there was a similar accident a few years ago. It was featured on one of the Thai TV reality programmes, showing accident CCTV footage.

Three youths on a motorbike - not one had a helmet of course. They also turned right on green and a pick-up went through the oncoming red light and hit all three of them.

Two died, the other one is in a wheelchair for life.

• Sad 1

I say put that idiot driver and others like him that cause near-fatal crashes in jail for 6 months for 1st offense, 1 year for 2nd, and so on. If that was a bike he hit, there would have been loss of life. He's just going to shake this off and start his maniac driving again tomorrow having learned nothing. And then add alcohol to his lunacy during Songkran. These are the ones causing the accidents, catch them and put them away while you can!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Good to see them thanking the airbag. Science saves lives - superstitious beliefs just contribute in taking them. 

Yes I was waiting for the Amulet to appear!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'd agree about living in hope, sadly though most people will turn a blind eye, rather than 'do the right thing'.

Near where I live there was a similar accident a few years ago. It was featured on one of the Thai TV reality programmes, showing accident CCTV footage.

Three youths on a motorbike - not one had a helmet of course. They also turned right on green and a pick-up went through the oncoming red light and hit all three of them.

Two died, the other one is in a wheelchair for life.

To be fair, I doubt a helmet would have saved them, but I certainly always wore mine and it did save my life.

I always assumed that some guy would be trying to run a red light or try to maim me in some way when I drove, and I was usually not wrong.

• Like 1

On the bike I always check for red-light-jumpers before moving off on a green light - but when driving the car I am sometimes less cautious.  May need to apply motorcycle defensive techniques to the car after seeing this!

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

In case you have a busy day, nothing happens for the first 2 minutes and 20 seconds of the video.

Yes. Too bad it wasn’t edited to shorten. What a waste of data space!

18 hours ago, jippytum said:

Some of these videos are really scary not least because the drivers doing everything correctly are the victims of the most appalling driving and selfish attitude of many incompetent Thai drivers.

I absolutely refuse to drive here because my confidence is shattered for that very reason, My wife drives, and she is very good at it, but every time we go out I know we could be killed or injured by these morons. It's not a great way to live, in fear, but I have no choice other than fleeing the country or never leaving the house.