Woman Mauled To Death By Five Of Her Own Rottweiler Dogs

sriracha john

rottweiler.jpg

An example of a Rottweiler dog not connected to the case

Woman mauled to death by her own Rottweilers

A 53-year-old woman died after she was mauled by her five Rottweiler dogs in Lamphun province, police said yesterday. The severely mauled body of Nannapas Surinsombat was found in her house in Lamphun's Pa Sang district on Tuesday. One of her ears was severed and her scalp was badly torn, said Pol Maj Karn Deemongkol.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/25Jan2007_news18.php

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rottweiler.jpg

An example of a Rottweiler dog not connected to the case

Woman mauled to death by her own Rottweilers

A 53-year-old woman died after she was mauled by her five Rottweiler dogs in Lamphun province, police said yesterday. The severely mauled body of Nannapas Surinsombat was found in her house in Lamphun's Pa Sang district on Tuesday. One of her ears was severed and her scalp was badly torn, said Pol Maj Karn Deemongkol.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/25Jan2007_news18.php

Still sounds strange..............Rottweilers are normally so dedicated to their owners. Maybe they weren't actually hers and..............................................well.

I think people own these dogs because they are stupid.

The dogs or the people? If you want a stupid dog, try a Red Setter or a Blue Weimeraner (sp?)

Actually, all the Rotties and Dobermans I've met have been great dogs. FIVE Rotties is a pack though, just takes one to be having a bad day, the others will follow suit.

QED :o

I had a neighbour who owned a Rottie. It was a beautiful dog, but he just kept it tied to a tree in his garden.

He had no idea how to train or control it. He only bought it because he thought it was some status symbol / tough guy's accessory.

The problem with guard dogs or fighting dogs is that they sometimes attract the sort of people who would never normally think about owning a dog.

A lot of Thais buy pedigree Western dogs and are not aware of the special care and training / discipline that they need.

Why would anyone need five Rottweilers? :o

I've owned a lot of dogs in my life. Never had one of these, though. I've had friends and neighbors with them. The important thing is that dogs must be trained--you either do it consciously or unconsciously, but as they grow up they have to be a part of your "pack" and you need to make sure you and your family are the "alpha" males of the pack.

I never let a puppy chew on me, or bite at me--even when it's small or cute, because when they get big it's not cute anymore. I also don't let them eat when I eat or jump on me.

This is really hard in Thailand because everyone things all these little things are so cute in a puppy, but when it's a big dog it's not cute or funny. I once fired a maid for feeding my dog while eating at the table. Enough is enough. The thing was actually jumping all over her. She had been told repeatedly not to do it. (She also liked to steal, by the way, but the dog was the deal breaker).

Rottweilers are a dangerous breed if not handled properly.

Pit Bulls are also very dangerous with their locking jaws.

These dogs were not bred for family life.

These are vicious and killer dogs bred for tearing things up.

They have real life uses such as military, guard duty and need trained handlers.

People should stick to poodles and labradors.

Maybe if she fed them they wouldn't have tried to eat her.. :o

Lets remember that someone died you heartless p*ick :D

As someone pointed out earlier these sort of dogs need to have a strong owner. A lad who lived up the road from me when I was about 10 had his cheek bitten off by a rottweiler. He was feeding it toast from his mouth and started to tease it a bit. Poor dog ended up getting put down because the lads parents didnt control it properly.

I trust puddles less then a rottweiler. The former are for more often then not owned by a woman with no clue on how to raise the dog. And don't get me started about small yuppy-barking dogs. Worst ever.

But here I think the problem might have been improper/incorrect training or no training at all.

I just know how things look around here or in the street behind with all the neighbours dogs...'having them under control' is greek for them.

I have to agree with the "stupid owner" comment. There is more than enough evidence to suggest that at the very least these dogs require more than "normal" care, and you are indeed being "stupid" if you have children or the neighbors have children, and you don't think that someday you will have a big problem.

:o There is a lot of speculation going on here. I don't think that people who own a certain breed of dog are stupid, what I do think is that five is a pack (as someone on here already said) and maybe she had moved down the pecking order a bit.

To post that they are devil dogs smacks of Sun or Daily Mail readership IMHO. My next door neighbour in England had a rottie, he was gigantic but the daftest dog you ever met. He was well trained though and knew who was in charge.

RIP poor lady.

I had a neighbour who owned a Rottie. It was a beautiful dog, but he just kept it tied to a tree in his garden.

He had no idea how to train or control it. He only bought it because he thought it was some status symbol / tough guy's accessory.

The problem with guard dogs or fighting dogs is that they sometimes attract the sort of people who would never normally think about owning a dog.

A lot of Thais buy pedigree Western dogs and are not aware of the special care and training / discipline that they need.

Why would anyone need five Rottweilers? :o

Totally agree, my neighbour bought three siberian husky, one of them died in less than three months and they are all day in a nine square meters area.... they have no clue about the needs of these dogs, they just have them because of "status". This is just an example of what I have seen during four years in Thailand. Also, It's very unusual to see someone walking a dog.....

I think that a lot of tai people don't understand which are the responsabilities of having a dog or a pack of them (rotties or whatever breed), so sad for the dogs. Mine, a siberian husky died by neglect in a dog hotel in Bangkok..... I raised her since she was a little puppy and some stupid ignorant didn't take care of her as it sould be. PM me if you want to know the hotel name, so you don't put your dog's life in danger.

As for the woman who died, I'm sorry for her.

:o There is a lot of speculation going on here. I don't think that people who own a certain breed of dog are stupid, what I do think is that five is a pack (as someone on here already said) and maybe she had moved down the pecking order a bit.

To post that they are devil dogs smacks of Sun or Daily Mail readership IMHO. My next door neighbour in England had a rottie, he was gigantic but the daftest dog you ever met. He was well trained though and knew who was in charge.

RIP poor lady.

True. Five large powerful dogs together is too many. The owners arn't necessarily stupid, but a lot of people are ignorant of the dangers or considerations of owning potentially dangerous dogs.

The full report in the BP today said this woman had several illegal Burmese maids in her home too. The Thai cops naturally arrested them for murder first. :D As they do....

They have real life uses such as military, guard duty and need trained handlers.

That is exactly how I feel, although I have a poodle and golden. I don't think anyone has ever been torn apart by a pack of wild golden retrievers, but you do hear of it from time to time as it relates to Pit Bulls and Rottweillers. If it happens and it is you, it only happens once.

RIP poor lady.

True. Five large powerful dogs together is too many. The owners arn't necessarily stupid, but a lot of people are ignorant of the dangers or considerations of owning potentially dangerous dogs.

The full report in the BP today said this woman had several illegal Burmese maids in her home too. The Thai cops naturally arrested them for murder first. :D As they do....

Yes, it was only after the autopsy (don't envy the pathologist performing that one) results concluded she died from the dogs' attack, that they released the Burmese staff.

Also mentioned that police theorize that one of the Rottweiler dogs attacked and then the others joined in. :D

That is exactly how I feel, although I have a poodle and golden. I don't think anyone has ever been torn apart by a pack of wild golden retrievers, but you do hear of it from time to time as it relates to Pit Bulls and Rottweillers. If it happens and it is you, it only happens once.

If you had read up on the subject you would know that far more people get bitten by 'common breeds' then 'dangerous dogs'. So No, you won't hear it happend all the time with one breed and not another...unless you just don't want to listen.

All dogs can bite when afraid, provoked or their master is attacked. The owner has responsibility over the dog, not the other way around.

Rots are designed to kill. Look how big their mouth is.

Posts like this actually causes the reader to get nosebleed...

Maybe bitten by the "common breeds" but certainly not killed or mauled! There was a case of a 5 y.o HongKong girl who was attacked and killed on New Years Day by a PitBull owned by her uncle in the family's garden.Very sad story.To own a dangerous dog breed one must understand the breed and train it, definitely not own it just because it is a status symbol.Dangerous breeds are just that.DANGEROUS.It's their nature.Best suited as guard /police/ dogs.Just as you wouldn't have a poodle as a race dog or a Shitzu chasing sheep one shouldn't have a dangerous dog around families or the eldely.

Big dogs need plenty of space and excercise too and most people who keep big dogs in small spaces are really asking for trouble and it really is not fair on the poor dog.

Poor lady anyway.