anyone here know how to resuscitate

opalred

if you had a problem in accident or needed life saving treatment would anyone be able to help 

i joked with wife when she scared me   i could have heart attack 

she said can resuscitate and pushed on right side of chest/?

if needing mouth to mouth  i think the garlic and chili smell would kill you anyway  ?

• Sad 1

Most westerners probably had to learn it when they did their driving license and maybe on other occasions as well, for example in the army

So in my life i had to learn how to do it twice. If i could do it today in a stress situation? Maybe somehow, but not proficient

Can Thais do CPR?

If they work in the hospital / ambulance / rescue sector they are able to do it.

I would assume that if they are or were in the army or police they were taught about CPR, so they can do it somehow, but not proficient.

The average Thai is never taught about CPR so he/she can't do it.

• Like 2

YES,  took the refresher course not long ago, Thai Red Cross offers a course in CPR also.

But , yes the previous poster is correct, not much good if YOU need it, yes needed for cardiac arrest as well as drowning. Good to know!

Was taught at senior school and been to refresher since, but would happily stand aside if there was someone more experienced. Also equally would take over from someone who was clearly messing it up.

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I see these EMS guys going to town in the chest pumping department, but I never see them doing mouth-to-mouth or any kind of pulmonary ressucitation. Am I missing something?

Mouth to mouth was part of the old system taught since I was a kid. They do not use it now in Oz.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes, ACLS.

Study this if you want to learn what to do.

https://www.aclsmedicaltraining.com/is-it-a-heart-attack-or-cardiac-arrest/

NO!    ACLS - "advanced cardiac life support"  involves using cardiac drugs, IV medications and other life-saving measures to help restart and re-establish a regular heartbeat by using an EKG monitor/defibrillator and the training required to interpret cardiac readings.    

I did a first aid course a few years ago and a refresher 3 years ago. I'm sure things have changed some now though. Only time I ever needed such knowhow, was last year when the stepdaughters 2 year old had a button stuck in her throut. Lucky I was there and knew what to do, or I feel sure the child would not have servived.

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

NO!    ACLS - "advanced cardiac life support"  involves using cardiac drugs, IV medications and other life-saving measures to help restart and re-establish a regular heartbeat by using an EKG monitor/defibrillator and the training required to interpret cardiac readings.    

Ok, No need to use capital letters & an exclamation mark.

I posted the link to show the difference between the 2 events, but in error added "what to do".

Hope you didn't throw a PVC or VPC, depending on your nationality.

:goof:

I recently did my refresher course as part of my job in UK. It's 30 - 2, i.e 30 compression's and then 2 quick puffs. You are to keep doing this until professional help arrives but it's really hard, compression's have to be very firm to the point that you can break the patients ribs and to do it yourself for any length of time is extremely tiring so you have to hope you have someone to help. I also know how to use a defibrillator but I suspect they won't be available in most circumstances. Anyway here's the British Heart Foundations instructions:

To learn how to perform CPR, follow these simple steps:

• Step 1: Shake and shout
  • Step 2: Check for normal breathing
  • Step 3: Call 999
  • Step 4: Give 30 chest compressions
  • Step 5: Give two rescue breaths
  • Step 6: Repeat until an ambulance arrives

Remember – even if you haven't been trained in CPR with rescue breathing, you can still use hands-only CPR.

• Thanks 2

Here in Thailand you better hope you've got a thinking English speaker near you who can type apply CPR in Google.

AED is a life saver for western society but not here.

Stupid rules like you have to be a qualified person to use it. Limited locations like hospitals. Even nurses overall don't have much experience with an AED.

13 minutes ago, Telly said:

Here in Thailand you better hope you've got a thinking English speaker near you who can type apply CPR in Google.

AED is a life saver for western society but not here.

Stupid rules like you have to be a qualified person to use it. Limited locations like hospitals. Even nurses overall don't have much experience with an AED.

I take your point but the new AEDs are stupid easy to use I know it's thailand but they are fire and forget you only got to position 2 pads and get out the way. We have to train with them but, no offense, I find it very hard to believe a nurse wouldn't know how to use one.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Ok, No need to use capital letters & an exclamation mark.

I posted the link to show the difference between the 2 events, but in error added "what to do".

Hope you didn't throw a PVC or VPC, depending on your nationality.

:goof:

Then you should have Googled - CPR or BLS for correct information.  Also, the medical definitions of PVC and VPC are the same and one's Nationality or Ethnicity does not change this fact. 

9 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I see these EMS guys going to town in the chest pumping department, but I never see them doing mouth-to-mouth or any kind of pulmonary ressucitation. Am I missing something?

Yeah... thinking that the videos on the media and internet showing accident victims and the EMS team responses are showing the entire CPR rigmarole.

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

Then you should have Googled - CPR or BLS for correct information.  Also, the medical definitions of PVC and VPC are the same and one's Nationality or Ethnicity does not change this fact. 

Stop attempting to be clever.

I was making a joke about terminology based on Nationality, as there are differences.

But of course, Google told you that.

32 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yeah... thinking that the videos on the media and internet showing accident victims and the EMS team responses are showing the entire CPR rigmarole.

Lots lots use a respirator so no need to do CPR, then it’s only 2 to 30