Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

The vast majority of people on this forum have been a victim at some point . That same majority didn’t have a gun pointed at their head either when they were being turned over. 

The vast majority of people on this planet have been victim at some point. Best to just get over it and move on.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The wife probably had insurance on the car, motorbike and house.

Might have had life insurance on the husband as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I doubt that. According to his family members on facebook the relationship problems had been an issue for months. Many of his friends and family have pointed this out in comments I read out of interest to gain more of an insight into this story.

Yes, I must be bored you say. I am , but I enjoy the armchair detective life. Finding out information is getting easier thanks to social apps like Facebook.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I doubt that. According to his family members on facebook the relationship problems had been an issue for months. Many of his friends and family have pointed this out in comments I read out of interest to gain more of an insight into this story.

Yes, I must be bored you say. I am , but I enjoy the armchair detective life. Finding out information is getting easier thanks to social apps like Facebook.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I doubt he life insurance, but I would be surprised if the bike, car & home were uninsured.

14 minutes ago, bannork said:

If he was legally married and set fire to the house I doubt the insurance company would pay out one baht.

I agree most insurance policies would not cover arson by the home owner very sad case it has got that far.

17 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

His hands were handcuffed by him, to be precise. 

1. He decided he had enough.

2. He wrote his goodbye letter on the wall of the house.

3. He poured benzine on the car, motorbike and inside the house.

4. He set the house, car, motorbike, etc, on fire.

5. He climbed up the ladder, put the handcuffs on, the rope already around his neck.

6. He jumped and said fragg you, wife. 

Here's how to do the trick:

Not convinced why put handcuffs on he could have hung himself without handcuffs , someone handcuffed him so he could not get free from the noose set fire to the bike and car and house to make it look like suicide the obvious ones in the frame are wife , her family or her boyfriend 

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

Not convinced why put handcuffs on he could have hung himself without handcuffs , someone handcuffed him so he could not get free from the noose set fire to the bike and car and house to make it look like suicide the obvious ones in the frame are wife , her family or her boyfriend 

Did they also write the "goodbye letter" on the wall? 

5 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

It has been discussed.

Read the forum, but think what you want.

There have been studies on this google it.

People who have no desire to save themselves and want to die will bind or cuff their hands.

The process he decided on is not that difficult and happens more then you think.

Stand on a chair or table

Put tight noose around neck

Cuffs go on easy for a person to cuff themselves 

Kick chair

Your are dead.....

PS:  Please do be stupid enough to not try it to see if it works.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It has been discussed.

Read the forum, but think what you want.

There have been studies on this google it.

People who have no desire to save themselves and want to die will bind or cuff their hands.

The process he decided on is not that difficult and happens more then you think.

Stand on a chair or table

Put tight noose around neck

Cuffs go on easy for a person to cuff themselves 

Kick chair

Your are dead.....

PS:  Please do be stupid enough to not try it to see if it works.

dont need to lots of cases of people murdered with handcuffs on read news stories for once !

This man was a very good friend of mine.  He is from the US.  Some of these comments are uncalled for. Matt was a great guy,  and a great dad!  He will be missed by many people!  I strongly believe there is more to the story than anyone knows because this is out of character for him...  

Pearce85, hello
I understand your feelings and no matter if it was a boyfriend or not.
A suicide is always personal.
It's the "I'm at the end of the road" where you think you will find no way out.
There is often the call for help.
But sometimes it's fatal.
As for the insinuations of the ones and the others, good or bad, this is not always negative for those who read the comments.
Maybe even a questioning, a boost, a therapy.

You will not change the world, so let them speak, even if it is painful for you.

3 hours ago, Pearce85 said:

This man was a very good friend of mine.  He is from the US.  Some of these comments are uncalled for. Matt was a great guy,  and a great dad!  He will be missed by many people!  I strongly believe there is more to the story than anyone knows because this is out of character for him...  

He may have been a good friend and party buddy but doesn't mean he was a good husband unless you consider leaving a wife in USA with 2 kids, having a wife and 6 year old here and also a gik=Thai GF on the side a good person. Among the pages of this post is a Thai friend who mentions a girl who had been with your friend earlier in the day to say she left the house because his Thai wife said he could remain in the house but not with her. Gives her name and her remarks about what a fun guy he was is on her FB page. 

2 hours ago, Pearce85 said:

Tony125

Wherever you're getting your facts from about him leaving a wife and 2 kids behind in the US are completely wrong!!! He only had 1 son here and never married in the states.  

Seems like you don't really know this guy. He wrote on the wall and has been quoted in 1st news post he has a 6 yo daughter here not  a son as you said . Also go to post #304 page 21  says from another Thai News center he was married in USA and had a son and daughter there. He left a message to his mom and them.  So you really did not know him well did you? Here is video of news that lists his mom and children's names back in USA

20180329_100249.png

20180329_100330.png

Tony125

Yes it does list his mom's name and his 2 kids name.  The son is from the US and the daughter is in Thailand.  If you'll go back and reread my comment,  it said he only had 1 son in the US.  I never said he didn't have a daughter in Thailand.  And as far as what the news quotes,  they're not always right.  And YES I did/do know him very well!  

On 4/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, Tony125 said:

He may have been a good friend and party buddy but doesn't mean he was a good husband unless you consider leaving a wife in USA with 2 kids,

"Leaving" makes it sound like he just got up and left them .

We do not know the circumstances , maybe it was his wife who left him ?

Maybe it was his Wife that walked away from him ? 

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

"Leaving" makes it sound like he just got up and left them .

We do not know the circumstances , maybe it was his wife who left him ?

Maybe it was his Wife that walked away from him ? 

his wife is allowed to leave him upto her , he was probably a jerk anyway 

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

If you think that 90% of Thai that speak English learned from being in bars you are totally mistaken probably because that's who you hang with. The Avengers movie is coming out on the 25th of April, go to Central Plaza Lad Prao to watch and you will see that the theatre will be packed with Thai who speak English fluently. You say how can you tell? Because the movie is played in English with NO Thai subtitles. All the college/high school kids and office workers speak English.  

And before you ask my wife learned English in high school and University as well as her brother, sister and some cousins. I have also known some hi-so girls that lived in USA who learned at University in Thailand and USA. A couple spoke Mandarin as well.

you guys are hilarious,

every conversation on here more than 3 pages long ends up with

- My wife is not a hooker, is  university educated with 3 masters degreees, earns more than me, and has never asked me for money, is 40 but looks 25 and has a super model body, while I am 65 but look 45 and am fit, healthy and hansum

Are  you guys seriously desperate to try and gloat on an anonymous forum? 

4 hours ago, bannork said:

I think this photo is of Matthew and his Thai daughter. She looks like a lovely kid.

Matthew and daughter.jpg

If that's really Mathew's daughter, how could he burn down the house she used to live in. Have you heard that he saved her toys and clothes before he did his suicide? 

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

If you think that 90% of Thai that speak English learned from being in bars you are totally mistaken probably because that's who you hang with. The Avengers movie is coming out on the 25th of April, go to Central Plaza Lad Prao to watch and you will see that the theatre will be packed with Thai who speak English fluently. You say how can you tell? Because the movie is played in English with NO Thai subtitles. All the college/high school kids and office workers speak English.  

And before you ask my wife learned English in high school and University as well as her brother, sister and some cousins. I have also known some hi-so girls that lived in USA who learned at University in Thailand and USA. A couple spoke Mandarin as well.

It's true that a lot of hookers do speak pretty good english but what sets them apart is their Thai skills. One friend is married to a hooker and her english is pretty good but, she speaks what can best be described as gutter Thai no matter where she is. He doesn't speak a word of Thai and can't understand why staff and restaurants, let's say, don't provide the best of service etc when she does the ordering for him. She actually refers to him as 'it.'

Anyway back on topic, it's too young and sad in my mind to make the decision he did. Not about the house and car though. Just hope he cancelled the insurance..

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It's true that a lot of hookers do speak pretty good english but what sets them apart is their Thai skills. One friend is married to a hooker and her english is pretty good but, she speaks what can best be described as gutter Thai no matter where she is. He doesn't speak a word of Thai and can't understand why staff and restaurants, let's say, don't provide the best of service etc when she does the ordering for him. She actually refers to him as 'it.'

Anyway back on topic, it's too young and sad in my mind to make the decision he did. Not about the house and car though. Just hope he cancelled the insurance..

Is she calling him "mann"? Mann bai nai (sai)= Where's the thing? 

Well I just this thread come alive again.

Good to see the rather sad topic of a guy taking his own life has descended into the usual..."your wife must be a hooker' nonsense.

For God's sake, can't some of you ever just have some compassion, or are you just all so bitter and twisted and determined to just spout bile.

None of us know what was going through this guys head, let alone the circumstances with his ex in the US, let alone his Thai family, so just stop the speculation like you actually know anything.

This is one of those threads that should have been closed 30 pages ago before the usual trolls raised their ugly heads, to just show some respect for the dead.

Archived