Swiss man, illegally in Thailand, to be deported to face charges of spreading disease

webfact

Swiss man, illegally in Thailand, to be deported to face charges of spreading disease

By Supachai Phetchthewee 
The Nation

979aafc89cdd68c02aa2b03232937a35-sld.jpe

A 42-year-old Swiss man, who was wanted in his home country for intentionally spreading a communicable disease and was captured in Surat Thani’s Koh Samui on March 14, will soon be deported to face prosecution in Switzerland, Tourist Police Bureau deputy head Maj-General Surachet Hakpan told the press on Friday.

The arrest of Swiss national Gerber Enzo stemmed from a previous attempt by the Swiss police request to have him arrested in Thailand over a 2013 bank robbery worth 645,000 Swiss francs (about Bt22 million).

After Thai police had caught him and sent him back to face prosecution in Switzerland, he was jailed for two years and six months over the robbery.

Released from prison, he is alleged to have intentionally spread a communicable disease, resulting in a second arrest warrant, and he again fled to Thailand, Surachet said.

As his passport was revoked, Enzo was denied entry at the Satun immigration checkpoint and resorted to illegally entering the country via a natural channel in 2016. Enzo was finally re-captured on March 14 in Koh Samui.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342088

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-30

The arrest of Swiss national Gerber Enzo stemmed from a previous attempt by the Swiss police request to have him arrested in Thailand over a 2013 bank robbery worth 645,000 Swiss francs (about Bt22 million).

After Thai police had caught him and sent him back to face prosecution in Switzerland, he was jailed for two years and six months over the robbery.

Thai police officers stand next an information board, with a picture of Swiss national Enzo Gerber, during a press conference at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, Thailand, 30 March 2018. According to Thai police officials, officers arrested Swiss national Enzo Gerber on the island of Samui in Surat Thani province, southern Thailand during the X-ray Outlaw Foreigners operation on 18 March 2018, after he was denied entry into Thailand on 18 April 2016. Gerber is wanted in Switzerland for intentionally spreading disease and for allegedly being involved in a bank robbery in 2013.

http://www.epa.eu/crime-law-and-justice-photos/crime-photos/thai-police-arrest-swiss-national-enzo-gerber-wanted-for-involvement-in-bank-robbery-photos-54231596

54231596.jpg

54231595.jpg

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

That, in itself, is a joke of a sentence for a bank robbery.

So he must be looking at at least 30 days for his latest misdemeanor ?

The Swiss government may incarcerate him for a longer period this time, perhaps longer than 30 days, then he can come back to Thailand yet again.

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Who said he had his tats removed? 

I took it that he was the guy in the middle of the top photo, with specs on. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm weak and maybe I'm strong but nevertheless..........

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

No idea why The Nation foretells about a "transmittable disease" while rest of the world names what it is, HIV.

There is no HIV in the land of denial Thailand, same as there is no bird flu, or any of the other disease.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I took it that he was the guy in the middle of the top photo, with specs on. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm weak and maybe I'm strong but nevertheless..........

Yeah, me too, he's a really nasty looking piece of work isn't he.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No idea why The Nation foretells about a "transmittable disease" while rest of the world names what it is, HIV.

Could just as easily be Hep-C, TB, Herpes  or any other of a long list of possibilities.