Farang guy hula hooping while balancing bottle of water on his head in Bangkok

Can't really see what the big deal is....at 68 I do the Hula Hoop regularly for exercise....it just never occured to me to stick a bottle of water on my head at the same time?

PS. if the bottom was pushed up I imagine it would be fairly easy. (particularly with a bald noggin).

3 hours ago, Ugothai said:

It's for this things that , when someone call me farang, make me angry....!!! What must think thai people of us ???? How explain them that we are not all the same ???

you must be one of the "good farangs"......so sorry the rest of us are making you look bad.

May I suggest, you make a large & very generous cash donation to a Thai charity and spend all your free time helping the homeless, just so the Thais will surely know that you are not same same bad farang.

5 hours ago, Ugothai said:

It's for this things that , when someone call me farang, make me angry....!!! What must think thai people of us ???? How explain them that we are not all the same ???

"What must Thai people think of us?"

Hmmm..devestated are you?Losing sleep and tossing and turning?

Oh..the horror of it all.

Kinda fun.tho'

5 minutes ago, HLover said:

Smart money says he has another bottle 'hiding' somewhere else while performing his circus act.

Nice trick Bozo.

Seen him a few times between Soi 7 and Soi 7/1. Near Subway sandwich shop. By his actions and his strange stare. I think that he may have some mental issues. Rather than alcohol. Guess only. Guess he's looking for attention. Wants to be loved and admired. I don't think that he raises any issues about how Thais perceive Farangs. 

2 minutes ago, over2you said:

Seen him a few times between Soi 7 and Soi 7/1. Near Subway sandwich shop. By his actions and his strange stare. I think that he may have some mental issues. Rather than alcohol. Guess only. Guess he's looking for attention. Wants to be loved and admired. I don't think that he raises any issues about how Thais perceive Farangs. 

I should think not.

All part of the rich tapestry of life,

57 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Did he walk through immigration doing that. 

i expect  he jumps through the same hoops that most of us do  on a visit to imm

if he uses the water bottle prop also well good for him 

He lives in my condo block in Pattaya and has been at least for the 18 months I have been here. 

He is a German speaker and goes through various fitness exercises several times a day near the pool or in the common outside area. He loudly shouts to himself and claps his hands at the end of a routine, which was a bit of a pain at 6.30 in the morning. He seems to excercise at more sociable times now so someone must have had a word. 

Balancing a bottle of water on his head is a skill that he has recently mastered. Some of his experimental routines involve as many as 3 hula hoops at the same time and; one he has given up on; spinning a hula hoop round his neck which just looked downright dangerous to me.

He seems to be a harmless enough chap and I sometimes see him in conversation with other German speakers. Some of the Thai children make fun of him but he takes it in good heart. 

There are certainly far worse types around than him and whilst I would generally give him a wide berth I don't think there is anything sinister about him. Good to see he gets out and about to share the love.

Saw him a few times on soi 4 Nana. Clearly mental health issues. I also saw him eating inside a restaurant on Sukhumvit with the water bottle balanced on his head. These kinds of guys come and go. I never saw anyone give him money, so work permit probably not an issue. He's harmless but very sad I think. 

it buggers me to no end that so many bangkokians comes to pattaya

over the weekend and pile on traffic jam, but now i got some sympathy with them,

seeing how rotten to the bones entertainment is there

7 hours ago, champers said:

He lives in my condo block in Pattaya and has been at least for the 18 months I have been here. 

He is a German speaker and goes through various fitness exercises several times a day near the pool or in the common outside area. He loudly shouts to himself and claps his hands at the end of a routine, which was a bit of a pain at 6.30 in the morning. He seems to excercise at more sociable times now so someone must have had a word. 

Balancing a bottle of water on his head is a skill that he has recently mastered. Some of his experimental routines involve as many as 3 hula hoops at the same time and; one he has given up on; spinning a hula hoop round his neck which just looked downright dangerous to me.

He seems to be a harmless enough chap and I sometimes see him in conversation with other German speakers. Some of the Thai children make fun of him but he takes it in good heart. 

There are certainly far worse types around than him and whilst I would generally give him a wide berth I don't think there is anything sinister about him. Good to see he gets out and about to share the love.

Thanks for the generous spirit of you posting; refreshing to read.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:21 AM, over2you said:

I see him everyday and I think your correct 100%

Archived