Electricity costs

argoscrete

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think I'm paying too much, water delivered by 2m³-truck (tank on a pick-up car) on an island for 250 baht a load is going rate that everybody pay; i.e. 125 baht per m³.

When I used my own well the external price was 0 baht per m³, the price for my time cleaning filters was worth more than the cost of 125 baht per m³...:whistling:

If I had stayed home in my home country, I would in average be charged equivalent to 325 baht per m³, so I'm happy for all the money I save here...:smile:

The 20-30 baht per m³ was OP's rant.

Last year the local villages were supplied by a borehole when the reservoir ran down too far and the price went up to 5 baht per m³. During the bad drought in 2015 all the houses were supplied by the fire engine from the big village and we had to go to the Tessaban and order it then wait for a delivery. We used to give the guys 100 baht each or 6 bottles of Chang for 10 m³.

One of the resorts used a different supplier and was paying 50 baht per m³.

Many years ago not long after we moved up here I bought a 1,300 litre tank and put it on the pickup along with a Honda water pump. I used to go to the klong and do it myself but it was damned hard work and I was a few years younger then.

I had though of a borehole here but 1 to 2 metres under the soil is granite and that would be expensive to drill though.

The alternative is to buy or rent 1 rai across the road and dig a well. I would then have to run about 350 metres of pie down the side of our land, dig up my neighbours drive to drop a 12 inch drainpipe to feed the waterpipe and electricity across the front of his resort, through the drain under the road, across somebody elses land to the well. Get the well dug and probably use 2 inch piping and find a water pump powerful enough to raise the water 10 metres vertically and 350 metres horizontally.

I would also have to make a small secure building to make sure that nobody steals the pump.

If I win the lottery big time it becomes a possibility, otherwise it stays as a dream.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 9:43 PM, blackcab said:

One development I know of in Rayong recently paid to change from a communal meter to individual meters for each residence. The same volume of water was used, but every residence paid less.

The "village" I'm in in Nong Prue (Pattaya) used to have it's water supplied by the developer. Every month we'd get a generic bill that covered the water, power (for the streetlights), garbage collection and "security". Wasn't too expensive (especially compared to what I was paying living in the apartment in South Pattaya.

Then they switched to the PWA who installed new pipes (digging trenches in the newly resurfaced roads of course) and new meters and we all had to troop down to their office to pay the fees to
get connected" and for the new meters.
When I got my first PWA bill I went to the main office to set up for automatic payment but they wouldn't do it. Couldn't understand the guy when he was explaining to me why I couldn't do it. Gave up and left. Almost as easy to pay whenever I go grocery shopping or to the local 7-11 anyways.

The new bill though seemed a bit odd as it was exactly the same every month (192.50 baht), even in the months when I was gone for periods of time. Then, my first bill for this year (Jan-Feb period) was only 75.76 baht and I see that I apparently used 4 CBM, whereas in the previous month I'd used 5. The next bill (Feb-Mar) shows I used 5 CBM again, but the total only came to 86.67.

Looking at the last 3 bills, it seems as though the price per CBM changed a lot since the beginning of the year.
For Dec-Jan the price was 30baht/CBM. Then in Jan-Feb and Feb-Mar,  it went down to 10.2 bath/CBM.