Recommend a good instant coffee brand at Big C

zeekgarcia

31 minutes ago, balo said:

As i said sold out . Only G7 3-in-1. 

I admit I didn't look if it was no sugar, but there was G7 in the location I describe and probably also in the coffee section.

Thais are not interested in no sugar products, as you can notice from sugar free coke or green tea etc often going out of stock everywhere for weeks in a row.

I buy the tinned coffee drinks such as Nescafe Espresso roast or Birdy. 15 baht a tin. Shake, open, pour into a cup and microwave for 1 minute. It's for people like myself who are too lazy to boil water.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:27 PM, lopburi3 said:

Moccona has been the standard for instant coffee here for many decades and for me the cheap red box that I used some 47 years ago is still as good as any for my taste - a hint of chocolate taste.

Image result for moccona

Not wishing to derail this thread, but I'd love it if you guys who've been here more than 30 years opened a thread to discuss and tell others what things were like here 40, 50 years ago. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not wishing to derail this thread, but I'd love it if you guys who've been here more than 30 years opened a thread to discuss and tell others what things were like here 40, 50 years ago. 

That's a great idea - please open a new thread some of you long stayers

Edited by Saraphee

I just bought this one as an experiment. Buddy Dean Extra Blend Instant Coffee. Surprisingly good for 89 baht 200g. I was expecting some awful aftertaste where they ruin it but was fine and smooth. I usually have an inch of milk, may taste different with less. From Tesco. Tastes not dissimilar from Nescafe Gold Blend or Asda Gold which i usually have20181023_113531.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, Saraphee said:

That's a great idea - please open a new thread some of you long stayers

Well I can remember when the road from Bkk to Pattaya was not divided, just two way single lanes road and the last 15 KM was dirt and impassable when there was heavy rain.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Well I can remember when the road from Bkk to Pattaya was not divided, just two way single lanes road and the last 15 KM was dirt and impassable when there was heavy rain.

Actually in those days there were no roads more than two way single lanes.  The first multi lane was from Don Muang Airport to Latphao intersection and then extended into Bangkok.  Even the first toll road was just two single lanes with no divider (and a death trap) - Asia Highway 1 now called 32 from Bang Pa In to Chai Nat.  

On 10/27/2018 at 5:31 PM, scorecard said:

I remember them widening the Bangna-Trat. There was a section like that just before reaching the bangpakong bridge on the bangkok side; it was a nightmare.

First time i went to koh chang, people only stayed in white sand beach, in basic huts. No electricity  - go to bed when it went dark, up when the sun rose. No beach bars. Eat what they had in the fridge. No road: arrive by boat, climb on to a floating platform (planks on empty barrels) and be pulled to shore. Second time i went same but there was a longtail boat which would do the transfer of boat to shore. Third time i went there was a road and electricity - i didn't  go back for decades.

Getting back to coffee. Remember when there were virtually no coffee shops in Thailand; people didn't seem to drink it. There was that old style thick coffee 'cooked' in a bag (boran strle) which i dislike. There was only one coffee shop i recall selling beans - it was somewhere near Robinsons corner of Silom/Rama 4 but i don't  recall where exactly. Somebody started selling coffee at petrol stations in ceramic cups - it was very strong - in long cabins ^ shaped, and from there coffee seemed to kickoff. From hardly being able to buy a coffee years ago, now it's  available  everywhere. A case like pizza and milk products  which were also once thought of here that they wouldn't sell to Thais.